[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ do when he sees a game that looks interesting but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: game_kid.jpg (667 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
game_kid.jpg
667 KB, 1000x667
What does /v/ do when he sees a game that looks interesting but wants to know more about it before buying it?

Also related what does /v/ do when he wants to find new and interesting games to play.
>>
Pirate it.
>>
>>331624568
>stealing video games
>>
>>331624362
Pirate it, borrow it, buy it then return it if its not good.

Example I bought Pokken today played for 4 hours and think its a steaming pile of shit and doesn't deserve a name similar to Tekken and plan on returning it the following day.
>>
>>331624620
>being a faggot
>>
>>331624747
UK? How are you able to return games?
>>
>>331624747
>>331624756
>stealing video games
>>
>>331624362
>What does /v/ do when he sees a game that looks interesting but wants to know more about it before buying it?

I either watch several hours worth of gameplay or play a demo myself. Or I just steal it.

>Also related what does /v/ do when he wants to find new and interesting games to play.

I usually come here. That's what I'm doing here right now. Trying to find a new MMO to dump my time on. Sadly it looks like my only realistic choices are WoW and ffxiv.
>>
Watch a video of it being played (hopefully without any voiceover).

Usually enough to tell in 5 minutes if it's a game I'd like to try out.
>>
>>331624891
Not him but most stores here in Ireland have some sort of return policy, it's usually just a day or two.
>>
I have this super awesome power called knowing what I like. All I have to do is watch some footage of a game and I'll know whether or not it's something I'll enjoy. I never buy or play shit games this way, it's pretty useful.
>>
>>331624891
I'm an Amerifat and in the states a few stores allow returns on open products Best Buy does.

UK doesnt allow returns on vidya??
>>
>>331624956
Blade and Soul maybe? I enjoy it but i'm tired of boring as shit tab target combat, it might just be the fact that it isn't tab target that i'm enjoying it.
>>
>>331624362
>What does /v/ do when he sees a game that looks interesting but wants to know more about it before buying it?

>Go home
>Do some research
>Check it out on World of Longplays
>Check a couple reviews (both from users and "professionals")
>Make sure it's cheaper than the Amazon/eBay price
>Go back to store

>Also related what does /v/ do when he wants to find new and interesting games to play.

>Search for games from developers that you like
>Check out recommendation charts on /vg/ or whatever
>Ask knowledgeable friends for recommendations
>Impulse buy and hope you get lucky

Hope this helps, friend
>>
>>331624891
In Canada if you pay 15$ a year you can return a game Within a week if you don't like it
>>
>>331625178
Also I have a 15 day period to return it

Hell I bought an Xbone and returned it used because the return was 90 days even if open.
>>
When I want to find old games to play

>go to GameFAQs
>go to system page for a system I own
>check a genre I feel like playing
>open tabs for every title that catches my eye
>look through screens and videos for them and see what seems like fun
>write in a text file what games do
>track them down afterwards one way or another
>>
>>331624362
Ask /v/ about it
>>
>>331625035
Doesn't exist here in the US. Its a disc you can't return it. Unless its from gamestop and its a used copy.
>>
>>331625258
At EBGAMES senpai, forgot that part sorry
>>
File: 1458237204991.jpg (75 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1458237204991.jpg
75 KB, 600x900

Youtube. If the game looks fun I buy it. Better than looking at a review. I've not been burned yet.

I just let come what may.
>>
>>331625326
Your an idiot shopping at the wrong stores then.
>>
>>331624362
I look at trailers and screenshots.
I look at the genre.
I look at the core gameplay.
I look at the user reviews for bugs and main things i don't like in games.
I look in the forums and community hub how many bug reports and complaints are filed.
I look at the price.

I have a subscribed to some Youtubers that show games that are niche and new on regular bases. And i go through the Steam charts for the new releases.
>>
>>331625876
I do the first three and look at the price.

I don't look at reviews, because I admittedly have shit taste and will honestly settle for repetitive gameplay.
>>
File: 1328295405076.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1328295405076.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1200
Pirate it.

Buy it if it's good.

Delete if it's shit.

If you're opposed to pirating something to try it for some reason you're basically just a huge fucking retard.
>>
>>331624362
I pirate it if I'm not too interested in it, but it still looks good enough to play, or look up gameplay footage and shit if it's something I'm really interested in.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.