[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on No Mans Sky? Seems like a promising game in my opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 25423055996_a7d9cf37cb_b.jpg (185 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
25423055996_a7d9cf37cb_b.jpg
185 KB, 1024x576
Thoughts on No Mans Sky?
Seems like a promising game in my opinion
>>
>Procedurally generated indie game with no objective or purpose

Seems like a boring game for autists.
>>
>>331617991
Correction, it's a fun game for autists!
>>
The scope of the game looks amazing.
>>
>>331617991
>>331618071
But they've explained what the endgame goal in the same day the game was announced

You need to get to the center of the galaxy,
>>
Doesn't seem like my thing
>>
Go to bed, Sean.

>18 quintillion planets

who gives a fuck at that point? It's an unfathomable number that tells me this game will be void of anything that will stick with you. There will be no cool moments or memories, just an ocean of mediocrity.
>>
>>331617868
Yeah, I think it'll be definitly worth it $19.99 price tag.

You know, unless they did something crazy and tried to sell "Minecraft with Spore Elements" for $59.99. That'd be laughably insane.
>>
>>331621324
This, FUCKING THIS. HOLY SHIT THIS.

Listen, just because something lasts effectively forever doesn't mean it's good. It just means that it has no narrative, no guidance beyond what you apply to it.

Tell me this: What can I do, and why do I give a shit? Please do not use the word "Fun".
>>
File: sensible panic attack.gif (2 MB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
sensible panic attack.gif
2 MB, 245x246
I haven't ready anything up on it but the art style looks nice

What is it you actually do in the game?
>>
Looks fun.

Shitposters don't like it, so you know it's going to be at least decent.
>>
>>331617868
it's spore without the character editor
do I need to say more?
>>
>>331621794
>$60 for a "decent" game

I pre-ordered fucking Brink you shitnugget, we're only trying to save you from yourselves
>>
Looks beautiful but my interest in it really took a hit when it came out that I couldn't explore the universe with my friends.
>>
The potential is huge, but it seems the devs are way over their heads.

Wasting resources to make 5 billion planets also pretty pointless when they are all going to be almost the samw thing.
>>
>Promising.

Oh it looks promising alright.

I doubt it will be more than promises though.
>>
>>331621891
>He pre-ordered Brink

Yeah, so you're a retard and why should people listen to you?
>>
It'll be the Boyhood of video games.
>>
>>331621794
>actual criticism
>Lol haters go away lol #Yolo
gtfo
>>
>>331622348
>actual criticism of a game that isn't out
>>
I agree, No Man's Sky™ looks fantastic.
>>
>>331617868
It looks promising, that's for sure. Very promising, in fact. I'm quite hyped.

But it doesn't take a cent from me until I see it deliver on those promises.
>>
>>331622151
This. What an awful movie.

School of Rock was pretty fun though.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>331622406
"you know its going to be good"
>>
>>331622534
I've made an educated guess based on my experience with /v/, it's not what I'd call an actual criticism
>>
>>331619554
They never really explained why though.
>>
>>331623113
Planets get weirder the closer you are to the center apparently
>>
Whats the point of the game? Infinite planets seem cool, but whats the objective? Where's the fun?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.