[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you hoping for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
What are you hoping for?
>>
longer game
>>
More comfy.
>>
>what are you hoping for?

pikmin 2
>>
more of the same.
>>
3 with a similar content jump 2 was to 1. Just keep a time limit, add the piklopedia, and make sure caves stay away.
>>
Return of the Plasm Wraith
>>
A level creator
>>
>>331605495
I wouldn't' mind caves if they had a bit more thought put into their layouts, and didn't come at the expense of above-ground areas like they did in 2.
>>
>>331605836
personally, i didn't think the above-ground areas in 2 were any worse than 1's. they were about the same level of complexity, maybe a little worse at most.

the caves more than made up for any lack of complexity 2's above-ground levels might've had, though. the caves were fantastic in variety and theme.

i'd love for caves to return in 4, but i can see the argument as to why to keep them out.
>>
>>331605159
More glorious hoarding. Getting as many pikmin as possible is my favorite thing to do
>>
>>331605989
most areas in 2 were literally copy-pasted from 1.
>>
something like this:

>Withering: This is a new hazard for the lack of a better word, Pikmin inflicted with withering become slower and weaker, visually, it looks like their leaf/bud/flower is turning brown until they die (7 minutes later). This is inflicted by withering blowhogs and some other enemies but it can also be found in certain caves or waters which adds, in a way, a time limit. One level of withering lasts for 1.5 minutes. Ultra-Spicy Sprays and Nectar instantly heal Pikmin suffering from withering, this is extremely useful in contaminated caves/ponds since there will be some time consuming tasks and waiting for the pikmin to heal and then return can be take a lot of time. One blow from a Withering Blowhog equals to one level of withering.
>>
File: 38466263_p2_master1200.jpg (76 KB, 450x242) Image search: [Google]
38466263_p2_master1200.jpg
76 KB, 450x242
I want to play as Alph, Olimar, Britney and Charlie
>>
cute pikmin doing cute things
>>
>>331607450
Yet they had a huge overhaul in design, mechanics, and aesthetics.

Valley of Repose was totally new
Awakening Wood was the Forest of Hope, but in springtime with different walls, different puzzles, and different enemies everywhere. Only similar thing was that the Snagrets were in the same area.
Perplexing Pool was Distant Spring but in the summer and less mysterious. Plus there was a bunch of human elements put in like a stone sandbox, a tile pool, and a bunch of stone brick puzzles.
Wistful Wild was Impact Site + Final Trial mixed together, but in fall with lots of annoying enemies everywhere and the original puzzle elements taken out and replaced with other ones.

None of the levels played anything like they did in 1, so why is it so horrible that they did this?
>>
>>331605159
Info
;_;
>>
>Equal distribution of above-ground areas and cave areas
>Another Piklopedia + Olimar's/Louie's Notes (or whoever the protagonists will be this time)
>Longer main story
>More unique enemies, plus the return of old ones like the Armored Cannon Beetle and Mamuta
>An optional night time cycle with tougher enemies but better rewards
>Return of Charlie
>>
At least four Mins to Pik.
>>
Addition of casual mode that removes time limit. I liked infinite time in 2. I felt 3 was a step backwards in therms of fun
>>
>>331605159
Seperate onions rather than the rainbow one. I want my armada like i had in 1 and 2
>>
>>331605159
>What are you hoping for?
More of the same.
The good stuff from Pikmin 1/Pikmin 3.
Not the bad stuff from Pikmin 2.

Basically, as long as they don't fuck it up too badly, I'm game.
>>
>weather having effects on the gameplay
>different types of weather
>pikmin balancing
purples were OP in 2 and became absolute trash in 3
>more bosses
>piklopedia
>real life objects as treasures
>better area designs
>more enemies
>pikmin types having their own voice type
>interaction between enemies
imagine mosnters eating each otehr or having fights between them
>3 captains
>more koppad camera
>>
>>331608582
>99+ days, more days than you could EVER need

Dude, it's not even a real timer. We need to go back to Pikmin 1 with a real timer to increase tension and fun.
>>
>>331605159
I really doubt it's going to be on Wii U at this point.
>>
>>331609225
I thought it was going to be released on the fifteenth anniversary.
>>
>>331609447
Is it? I haven't heard anything about that.
>>
>>331609546
Well i'm just guessing because it's been near completion and we haven't heard a thing about it.
>>
>>331605495
Why are caves considered bad? I played 2 a while back, and I thought they were okay.
>>
>>331605159
That it's good and isn't a mobile game
>>
>>331605159
More comfy like >>331605327 said.

It's a factor that was perfected in Pikmin 2 and lost in 3.

Also a longer game like >>331605228 said.

Pikmin 3 felt too short.
>>
Incoporate co-op in story.

Uglier enemies
>>
Difficulty of Pikmin 2 with the exploration elements of Pikmin 3. And try to keep the Pikmin types balanced, avoid OP or useless Pikmin.
>>
idk pikmin isn't for me
>>
>>331605228
>>331605327
>>331605703
>>331608261
All of these
>>331608582
This, but it should be optional.
>>331608941
I think purples should have a grander purpose, like weighing down things. Either it be heavy fruits on a tree or airborne enemies purples should have extra features that make them more useful.
>>
>>331611118

>pikmin 2

>>>>>Perfected comfy

Not in those fucking caves it wasnt

>>331611326
This is more tricky because they acknowledge that White and purple Pikmin are OP, which is why they were challenge mode only in Pikmin 3
>>
Pikmin 3's arcade style design, but with the post game of Pikmin 2

I liked Pikmin 2's caves, but now when they are the main focus, caves are better suited as Post game

Otherwise the gameplay of 3 is fucking perfect, especially the writing
>>
A fucking Piklopedia
>>
>>331612432
>Either it be heavy fruits on a tree or airborne enemies

did you know that a single purple pikmin could weigh down flying enemies in pikmin 2 like the blowhogs? well they can't in 3, they can't even hold on to them because they still have the stun animation but it doesn't do shit, it just makes the purples fly off the enemies, if you throw purples at bulborbs they wake up without receiving damage because the purples bounce off without latching
>>
>>331607760
I'm pretty sure there's already a Withering Blowhog.
>>
>>331612902
>they acknowledge that White and purple Pikmin are OP, which is why they were challenge mode only in Pikmin 3

Kinda of funny of Nintendo to do that and then add Winged Pikmin, the most broken shit in the entire game. Seriously, those pink fuckers can destroy the whole game if you know how to exploit them.
>>
>>331605228
and a reason to ever replay it. Pikmin 3 was a disaster in that aspect.
>>
File: O6X53Qe.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
O6X53Qe.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
What about a Pikmin...

with no time limit?
>>
>>331613291
I don't think you understood what i said, you said that purples should weigh down airborne enemies, they could in pikmin 2 but that ability was removed in pikmin 3. Purples also where wind resistant in 2 (couldn't be blown by puffy blowhogs) but now, they aren't, they got like the worst nerf possible.
>>
>>331613531
That was the whole point of Pikmin 2.

The game is much longer than the other two are, so they removed the time limit to allow you to go at your own pace.
>>
So do you guys think it will be another Wii U game or eventual NX launch title?
>>
>>331613531
Then it's just a boring "puzzle" to figure out how to get all the ship pieces or whatever.
And that puzzle is boring, because there's no pressure. Finding the pieces isn't difficult and clearing the way to your ship is not, either. You could just fuck around and drown all your pikmin and if so, so what? You just build them up the next day.
>>
>>331613391
>>331605228

>Disaster

You can replay levels to get a better score and time

However doing so resets the entire score since it's supposed to continue on what you have left

That's the point of a short game with a point system, arcadish type games do this as their replay value, especially with Challenge mode
>>
>>331613870

Nintendo really likes to wait till E3 to reveal games coming out the same year

So most likely it'll either be a last minute Wii U game or a last minute port

or both
>>
>>331613632
Ah alright. My bad.
>>
>make caves more interesting, keep the limited pikmin number a focus
>make game longer
>add option for the babby casuals time limit to keep up the tension
>fucking piklopedia
>balanced pikmin
>co-op campaign
>>
>>331612902
Caves were literally the best pat of the game
>>
Zen mode.

>here's a bunch of Pikmin
>and some mooks that won't actually hurt you
>time limit is disabled
>just relax and enjoy the scenery
>>
>>331615113
plz

>kill everything
>enjoy scenary

you can do it by sections you don't need to kill everything and then enjoy scenary, also best time is near sunset why would you want to disable time
>>
>Whites and purples back in main game
>Longer game
>Less Linear/more exploration
>Bring back Pikolopedia
>More new stuff
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.