[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we hate this game again? I'm replaying it now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 1523x1370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 1523x1370
Why do we hate this game again? I'm replaying it now and it's fun as fuck. The enemies are challenging and there are no bullshit tutorials or star low halting the game. The writing is also top-tier.
>>
babies were annoying

that's it
>>
>>331603276

They literally do nothing though. Except Baby Peach at the very beginning.

And both toadsworths make it tolerable.
>>
Levels felt too short and shallow
Bosses were anti climactic
Game just felt too streamlined
And it was a mistake taking out the bro moves for bro items
>>
>>331603213
We don't hate it, it was just considered the least good ML game. Dream Team and Paper Jam came out but the stigma stuck because you can't criticize new Nintendo games.
>>
>>331603213
It's the only M&L game I liked enough to complete.
>>
>>331603798

>Levels felt too short and shallow
The only short level I could think of was the snowy village, which was more of a tutorial level than anything, and the desert. Everything else seemed good as long as weren't rushing through it.

>Bosses were anti climactic
I don't get what you mean.

>Game just felt too streamlined
See above.

>And it was a mistake taking out the bro moves for bro items
I completely forgot about that when I first started playing and thought I would hate it, but the game literally hands you a fuck-ton of bro items from battles and item boxes. I haven't spent a single coin on anything and have 20-50 of each bro item available. It isn't an issue.
>>
Bloated beyond belief, the final boss took forever to kill as they gave them an insane amount of HP
>>
>>331604374

The bosses only take forever if you're a complete retard who ran through all the enemies and thought you could get by without leveling up. This game actually expects you to fight enemies like a normal RPG and doesn't hold your hand like the other M&L games.
>>
>>331604143
Dream Team was trash.
Paper Jam was a DT rehash with some gameplay improvements, but a worse everything else.
>>
>>331604374
>implying
How little hp dreamy bowser had was outright offensive. You could take him out in like 3 bros moves in the late 30's.
>>
>>331604252
what about the thwomp island level? that one was also hella short. The levels had no secrets, few alt paths, ergo why I felt like it's too streamlined. BIS fixed this.
>the game literally hands you a fuck-ton of bro items from battles and item boxes
That's another thing. It's like pokemon ORAS giving 100 free potions out. Just either make them unlimited or make me manage them, be it items or PP. The biggest reason I didn't like the items was because with the bro moves there was leveling them up and alt commands for them.
>>
>>331604641
>'Don't skip enemies in RPGs' meme
I'm not one of those autists who do low-level playthrus, I don't skip encounters simply because I like being overpowered as fuck in RPGs and having every item/equipment.

When bosses take a good 60-90 minutes to kill because they raised HP during the localization, you have a problem.
>>
>>331604793
>Dreamy Bowser
Partners in Time, anon. Not Dream Team.
>>
Bros items are way better than Bros moves.
I'd rather have 10~ bros items than 4~ bros moves.
>>
>>331605003

I just defeated Bowser and Baby Bowser and it took me less than 10 minutes. This goes for every boss battle so far. They were a cake walk if you were at a normal level and used bros items.

The only boss battle that I remember taking too fucking long was the final boss against Princess Shroob, but I would rather have a long challenging final boss than the garbage joke bosses we've been getting since BiS.
>>
Muddled tone, can't decide if its goofy or serious.
Muddled plot. I don't know why they combined time travel with an alien invasion when the time travel barely factors into anything.
Nobody wants to play as babies.
Bland puzzles that require you to throw the babies every other step.
Bosses generally aren't any threat to you, but have inflated HP, so you're usually just plinking away at each other in a long, boring stalemate. The final boss and the boss of the Yoshi Island are fucking abysmal because of this.
Shortest game by far, despite padding out the boss HP.
Bros. Items are mostly uninspired and lack the flash and the quick pace of the Bros Attacks from SSS.
>>
>>331605108
I was referring to the fact that dream team's last boss's hp was nothing in comparison. I'd rather have queen shroob's fight over it because of how fast it was.
>>
>>331606129
there is nothing challenging in dodging the same attack over and over
fuck PiT
>>
>>331603213
I gave up playing this game because it was so fucking boring. I preferred the Superstar Saga.
>>
>>331603213
It is probably my favorite one
I loved the challenge that the others didn't provide and atmosphere that the game had, I wish the series had more of it
>>
>>331603213
There was one mandatory tutorial in Paper Jam,
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.