[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know laptops are shit but heres the thing. My house is really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: laptop1.jpg (46 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
laptop1.jpg
46 KB, 640x464
I know laptops are shit but heres the thing. My house is really long, and the PC is connected on one side and the family room is on the other. My girl watches garbage but I still want to hang out with her, and I think I just want to drop some bucks on a good gaming laptop.

I just want to play Paradox Games, path of exile, and mebbe AAA games on medium while she watches shitty TV. Has anyone had any good experiences with any laptops?
>>
Get either a small monitor to where you sit and a wireless kb+m or else prepare to drop about 1200 dollars at least. Gaming laptops are extremely viable except for the fact most of them have terrible battery life.
>>
>>331597918
I'd be cool at 1500-1900, and dont care about battery life. I cant really get a small pc because its in the family room and its kind of nice and we have people over, so I cant really set up a NEET space much as I would like one.

Ive always built my own PCs and have no experience with laptops.
>>
Buy a laptop with a good cpu and then get one of those graphics amps
>>
>>331598164
Okay. What's your current GPU in your desktop? And it's just for gaming, right? No high end video editing or anything?

>>331598417
Also an option but that would possible be a waste considering sometimes they only plug into an external monitor and secondly, OP would have to get another GPU and have more wiresm the gpu amp itself, etc
>>
get something like:
http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-systems/razer-blade-stealth
>>
>>331598559
AMD 7800

Been a while ;_;
>>
>>331598636
This seems pretty great but
>12.5

Anything closer to 17? Also is this not released yet?
>>
>>331598697
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834298763
That most likely would out perform your current desktop.
That's high, high end though. You could get something that run stuff at console graphic levels for like 500 cheaper
>>
>>331597764
I recently bought an Asus GL752vw-dh74
I have to travel a lot for work so a desktop wasn't viable
It's a pretty nice machine
>>
Get a trackball to go with it. I can recommend a Kensington Orbit with scroll ring.

>>331598559
>sometimes they only plug into an external monitor
Wrong. https://twitter.com/jziller2002/status/672536694508228609

>>331598961
17" is a terrible size for a laptop if you want to take it out of the house.
>>
>>331599219
>sometimes

Please try to read what's written.
>>
>I want to waste 1000 dollaridoos on an overpriced gaymen laptop so I can watch my inbred gf stare into a TV
Dumber than the average /v/ poster. Congrats
>>
>>331599379
OK, please try and keep up with modern technology. He'd be a fool not to get one that uses thunderbolt 3.
>>
>>331598961
shipping in april i believe.

don't go for a giant screen laptop desu. they're useless unless they're sitting on a desk permanently (which also makes them redundant)
>>
>>331597918
The laptop would be plugged in anyway, right? Plus it'd be much easier to transport than a desktop gaming PC.
>>
>>331599109
When people shitpost about alienware not being worth the money, is that because of QA issues or because they are poor. I dont want to buy something that fries to a crisp after a month or two.

>>331599219
>out of the house
Unless its to my mothers at christmas it would be pretty much the livingroom PC
>>
>>331598636
>>331598961
>seems great
>no dedicated GPU
>have to buy external GPU and their jewish docking station to even use the thing for more than CS 1.6
>seems pretty great
You might wanna buy a racing chair, gaming gloves and gaming glasses while you are at it, guys. This thing is a bigger rip off than alienware and any pre built apple or dell shit ever.
>>
>>331599502
I said sometimes - unless he's going to buy one specifically that doesn't require a monitor then telling him to just get one is stupid.

>>331599623
Alienware is fine. They've been fine for several years. Here's a review:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-17-R3-Notebook-Review.159535.0.html
>>
>>331599956
Probably will lean towards this. I always saw Alienware get negative reactions here, but on the other hand who would buy a fuckin Dell as a gaming laptop.
>>
>>331600109
>who would buy a fuckin Dell as a gaming laptop.
you know dell own alienware, right?
>>
>>331599623
I ve had a few different "gaymin" laptops and none of them ever had issues. Just treat your property like an adult and you are golden. Alienware is grossly overpriced just like apple where you simply pay extra for the name.

>>331599546
>>331599219
I ve had anything from 10 to 19 inch in laptops and you guys seem like huge pansies. 17 or 19 inch is no hassle at all unless you are a nu-male cuck who cannot lift 2-10 pounds. With 12 inches you might as well play on your mobile phone or tablet. Fucking joke. You are like those faggots who complain about a smartphone being 50 gramm lighter or heavier, big fucking deal.
>>
>>331600242
top kek
>>
>>331600109
They're disliked because they're expensive for what you get. But they've gotten pretty good in the last 3-4 years in terms of power per price.
I mean I wouldn't suggest getting a laptop with SLI or something but the laptop I linked is pretty good on the reviews.
>>
>>331600242
I wasnt aware. I just want to buy a solid product that isnt overpriced and all my Dell's (ie when I bought them for my last company) have shit the bed early and often.
>>
just get your gf a cheap laptop with a nice screen so she can watch her stupid shows in your room
>>
>>331600552
It is 99% either you being a retard or you living in the desert or close to it. inb4 your gf or cat constantly drop your shit and you do not even know about it.
>>
>>331599485
>projecting
>>
I use an Asus ROG. The big exhaust on the back keeps it from overheating.
>>
>>331600608
"Honey, Ive felt lonely in my PC Cuckshed, so please abandon your 65 inch tv for this laptop and sit near me dear"

>>331600671
It was a sales office full of Negroes, but still I didnt like dealing with them or their customer service or their fucking warranty stickers
>>
>>331597764

you dont need a gaming laptop to play PoE and other shit like that
>>
>>331600298
lol, relax m8. most people have no real need to be carrying around large laptops as their productivity requirements don't demand anything more than integrated gpus and juggling a couple of windows.
>>
get a shitty laptop, good ac router and stream your video games through moonlight from your pc to your laptop.
>>
>>331597764
if all you want is medium anything with a 960m will suit you fine. but given your proposed budget you can splurge on something more like a 970 or even 80m possibly. Sager makes some nice models, my buddy has one. I had an acer with a 770m but acer was and still is shit so stay away. The sagers are decently quiet but it can get bad. as far as i've read asus rog laptops are pretty quiet but apparently the dell linus reviewed recently was damn quiet and not too expensive.
>>
>>331597764
>can afford a big house
>cant afford nice things inside of it
living above your means, wageslave?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.