[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ think of smite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: smite.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
smite.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
it got me into MOBAs and i hate MOBAs
>>
>>331595356
It's the only good one.
>>
also fanbase isn't as cancerous as other mobas
>>
>>331595884
>Enemy can actively PM you in the middle of a match
>>
>>331595524
>>331595356
Nice wrong opinions. It's a bad game that tries to be an action game but controls like an mmo.
>>
I like the change of perspective but they really didn't do anything interesting with it. It plays exactly like LoL or HotS only it's so impossible to aim ground targetted spells that they just gave up and made everything a gigantic AoE.
Except Wu Kong's 52 transformations, that's actually a pretty cool spell that just wouldn't work with a more traditional camera angle.
>>
so the controls make it bad?
>>
>>331596685
>controls like an mmo
Still better than a single unit RTS with fucking whackamole as a central game mechanic.
>>
>>331596685
None of this makes any sense.

Here's a (you)
>>
>>331595524
>only good one

But that isn't nauts
>>
>>331597219
Fuck awesomenauts. It's a slow piece of shit with unfun combat.
>>
File: Party_laser.gif (500 KB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
Party_laser.gif
500 KB, 470x264
>Pick Anubis
>Kill scrubs
>>
>>331597120
No it's not. Dota 2 has a lot inherited from an RTS, including micro if you play certain heroes or build certain items.
>still better
They ruined more than they could improve, they improved nothing.
>>331597136
>he doesn't look like he's agreeing with me, better pretend I'm retarded
Use your head.
>>
The whole idea of using already existing mythical/religious figures as characters is cheesy and fuckin stupid

shit game
>>
Is that anon from the gaming buddies thread earlier on in here? Your post was:

"A whole lot of stuff. Endless Space, Dota, CS, Battlefield 4, osu!, SMITE pretty regularly. Been playing a fair amount of Quake Live and HLDM recently but have no one to play with. I'm also quite fond of Factorio but I'm playing on a pirated copy. " Just curious, don't mind my useless post.
>>
desu i didn't see any real mythological games except for titan quest and age of mythology.

i dont see it as cheesy, refreshing desu
>>
I agree with OP.

The concept of MOBAs is highly appealing to me, a game purely focused on teamwork and skill / knowledge of your character and your enemy

I just really really don't like clicking to move around an isometric map for hours and hours.
>>
ain't me m8
>>
how's paragon?
>>
>>331597983
>desu
That's really stupid innit
>>
>>331597705
>They improved nothing
Over Dota? Probably not because they didn't aim to improve upon it.
They took League and made it better by a longshot.
>>
Super fun arena mode.

Never played the conquest mode, neither I intend to.
>>
>>331598154
it is, can shit on here write itself?
im a newfag desu
>>
>>331598328
it obviously can
>>
>>331598284
lvl 30 myself, didnt't play 10 conq games total
other modes are pretty cool too
>>
>>331597790
>The whole idea of using already existing mythical/religious figures as characters is cheesy and fuckin stupid

Not as cheesy and stupid as making up fake names for gods that already exist.
>>
>>331597467
>slow

when was the last time you played? They updated the game sometime last year that quadrupled all damage to enemy players. Combat is super quick now.
>>
>>331597790
how is it cheesy m8?
only mythological games i can think of are titan quest and age of mythology
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.