[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people will actually argue you should spare Daud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: DaudMurderEmpress.jpg (123 KB, 1358x617) Image search: [Google]
DaudMurderEmpress.jpg
123 KB, 1358x617
>people will actually argue you should spare Daud
>>
>>331587850
I spared him.
>>
>>331588053
Why? I mean, it's just a game, but why? Don't you immerse yourself even a little when playing a story driven game like this?
>>
>>331588241
Nope, I just do what ever I feel like doing.

Considering it was like 4 years ago I couldn't tell you why.
>>
>>331588241
Because Daud is a sympathetic character who isn't fully at fault for the coup.
>>
>>331588328
>Nope, I just do what ever I feel like doing
Somethimes i do too, but definitely not on the first playthrough.
>>
>>331588478
I only ever play games once.
>>
>>331588438
Does it really matter? He's a cold-blooded assassin who killed innocents (not all of course, but you're not selling me on all of them being scum) for decades, killed your lover in cold blood in front of you, kidnapped your daugther and framed you for all of that. I'm surprised you even let him speak at the end of your fight.
>>
>>331588241
>Don't you immerse yourself even a little when playing a story driven game like this?

So to be immersed that need to agree with what you did?
>>
>>331588569
You sound like a fun person who fully enjoys their hobby.
>>
>>331589007
Well, ok, if all that happened to Corvo happened to you IRL, why the fuck would you spare Daud?
>>
>>331587850
Actually, he was the only one I killed.
>>
>>331589276
The only correct way to play.
>>
>>331589123
I didn't. So asking me is irrelevant. I'm saying that not everyone will feel the same way as you whether they are immersed or not.
>>
>>331589416
I know it sounds conceited, but it's literally the only rational human choice. Unless someone gets off to all this shit, there's no reason to spare this asshole who has the audacity to beg you to spare him after fucking destroying your life. Especially before DLC.
>>
File: griffith.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
Didn't do anything wrong tbqh
>>
>>331590629
fuck off griffith
>>
>>331588241
Gotta get all the cheevo's friendo
>>
>>331590879
Oh, i'm talking first playthrough.
>>
I spared him and then on the expansion I redeemed him.
>>
>>331592309
>redeemed
You do realize we aren't talking about objective morality here? And that Corvo has no idea what happened in the DLC, and neither did you when you first made that choice? Why, from Corvo's perspective, would he even consider sparing him. Also, redeemed? He didn't die, he didn't even suffer. He just did some shit and he's off the hook for every evil thing he's done? I don't think so.
>>
>>331589614
>black-and-white-reasoning
I hope you know where your error lies.
>>
>>331593616
>>black-and-white-reasoning
>literally talking from the perspective of the MC
If thinking that the only rational choice is taking revenge on this (from your perspective) scumbag who killed your lover, ruined your life and fucking taunted you with it, if that's black-and-white-reasoning, i don't know what to say.
>>
>>331589123
Daud and Corvo aren't that different by the time you confront him
>>
>>331588241
I didn't spare him my first playthrough but I did spare him after I beat Brigmore Witches with Cleanest Hands
>>
>>331594401
>he didn't go non-lethal
Therein lies the problem. And even if you kill everyone, we're talking revenge here, not objective justice.
>>
>>331594401
This.

>>331594526
On a first playthrough without savescumming (including intentionally dying) when shit goes south you're going to kill some people, probably in horrible ways.
>>
>no low chaos, kill emily, be king ending
Why live?
>>
>>331595161
Corvo is lowborn you dingus
>>
>>331588241
>don't you immerse yourself when playing a story driven game like this?

I'd love to, but only if the story is good. But Dishonored doesn't have a good story. The plot is predictable and borderline cliche, the characters are 1-dimensional and speak with the enthusiasm of a corpse. And I had zero attachment to the Empress. Why should I respect her? Why would Corvo care about her? I don't know, I just heard her speak a few lines and get stabbed.
>>
>>331595161
>killing your daughter
>>
>>331595396
>exonerate yourself
>only person close to a claim to power
>people who oppose your rule wind up 'missing'
>>331595946
King Corvo don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>331596436
The game doesn't make it clear but there's literally an entire legislature of lords (e.g.: people born into aristocratic rule). It was the Pendleton's job to sway the voting blocks.
>>
File: 1456879382329.jpg (683 KB, 710x874) Image search: [Google]
1456879382329.jpg
683 KB, 710x874
You gotta look out for your fellow magic bros.
>>
>Not pick pocketing him and then leaving
>Not enjoying him panicking at realizing you had him right where you wanted him and he will never be safe from you

Revenge doesn't always mean killing them.
>>
>>331587850
>killing any of the targets
>not stealing his shit without him noticing and letting him live the rest of his life knowing that you utterly outclassed him and let him live on a whim

Also Corvo canonically spares Daud
>>
>>331595396
Not only that he's a foreigner.

And I don't think that he can exactly come out and officially declare that he was banging the Empress, even if everyone and their mother knew it
>>
DO YOU THINK YOU'LL GET YOUR OWN SQUAD AFTER WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?
>>
>>331587850
I saw absolutely no point in killing him by then.
I did actually sit there with my blade out for at least a full minute though.
>>
>>331597957
YER SUCH A CHAUFFER
>>
>>331597525
>>331597702
Considering he begs you for his life, he'd be relieved that you spared him, first and foremost. That is not revenge.
>Also Corvo canonically spares Daud
That's because devs have a boner for Daud. It literally makes no sense for Corvo to spare him, he isn't some transcended mesiah, he's a fucking warrior and killer who has had everything taken from him and his life ruined by this bastard, who proceeded to taunt him with it during their fight.
>>
>>331598210
>he begs you for his life
>ever letting him realize you're there until you're already gone
chauffer detected
>>
>>331597990
>I saw absolutely no point in killing him by then.
Shit, this answer makes sense. You're a better man then i, anon. I could never let something like that go.
>>
>>331587850
I did a completely pacifist run throughout my first playthrough and I never got any of the offensive traits. I only had one level into the turn to dust upon killing someone because it was on of the last ones for me.

I knocked out everyone in Daud's place and then turned Daud to dust with no combat at all. He was actually the only one I killed. Still feel like I made a good choice in that circumstance of the story.

It also makes me feel weird how I just made him gone. He's dust. No corpse to bury, no mark left from our encounter. He's just gone.
>>
>>331598336
You know what i meant.
>>
>>331598210
>Daud is a broken man with no real ambition left and gets to live with the fact he's the sole reason his entire organisaiton died.
>Who also pretty much got told he's not worth killing by the man who has more reason than any to kill him
>Not revenge enough.

You ever heard of the term cruel mercy?
>>
>>331598514
Good point. Though it's not like he'd spend the rest of his life wailling in depression. People move on.
>>
>>331598450
The "mercy" options aren't Corvo being some optimistic pansy, death is preferable to pretty much all of them.

Sparing Daud is basically you telling him that his entire worth as a person is nonexistent, that compared to you he was so insignificant that he wasn't worth killing.

Also beyond the edgy shit Corvo probably knows better than anyone that it isn't the assassin that matters, it's the people who hire him.
>>
>>331598770
Daud is in his late 40 IIRC, he wouldn't have that much time left to be active and recover.
>>
>>331588653

The whole point of Daud's character is that he's supposed to be a tool like Corvo (remorseless killer), just working for the opposite side.

I'm willing to bet that many players who decided to kill him didn't make the connection.
>>
>>331599490
There is a difference, corvo is a tool with an agenda, Daud was just doing a job.
>>
>>331598889
>Sparing Daud is basically you telling him that his entire worth as a person is nonexistent, that compared to you he was so insignificant that he wasn't worth killing
Again, all of this would make perfect sense if Daug wasn't BEGGING FOR HIS FUCKING LIFE. Meaning he wasn't completely that broken old man you all make him out to be, otherwise he wouldn't have given a shit. He fought and even begged, that means his life is still worth something to him.
>it isn't the assassin that matters, it's the people who hire him
This shit really pisses me off. If you make your life killing people for money, you don't get to complain when one of those peoples' loved ones comes for payback. The most bullshit excuse ever ''Oh, i'm just a tool, the one who hired me is who you're after, anybody could have done it'', well, motherfucker, then i would have killed anybody.
>>
>>331600105
That doesn't apply if you pickpocket him without him noticing. Otherwise you may as well kill him.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.