[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX: Worst Case Scenario Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: NintendoNX.jpg (25 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
NintendoNX.jpg
25 KB, 1200x674
A thread for the worst possible outcomes for Nintendo's NX. I'll start:

-It's a mid-range smartphone-tier handheld that plugs into your television and plays full price games
>>
>>331583023

that's more than likely what it is, or there's some type of shit you can combine that makes it a traditional console, but they'll fag it up by doing dumb shit like backwards compatability, never using a different CPU architecture, always needing the same instruction sets.
>>
>>331583278
>or there's some type of shit you can combine that makes it a traditional console
Okay, that's a very good nightmare scenario. It needs a 32X add-on out of the box.
>>
>>331583023

The NX is not a smartphone.
>>
>>331583454

Well that's really what it's sounding like.

You have 2 devices, 1 has to be some type of mobile handheld shit, but it 'combines' in some aspect for console use.

Just wait till we have to use Naruto ninja handsigns to initiate and complete the joining process.
>>
>The controller really is a touchscreen.
>>
>>331583575
If it really ends up being something where you need to buy add-ons to make it more powerful I hope it is absolutely rejected by the market place. Same goes for any of this PS4.5 or Xbone+ shit that keeps circulating.
>>
>>331583278
>dumb shit like backwards compatability

hey, fuck you, buddy
>>
>>331583823

You fucking retard, you realize that's mostly what's holding Nintendo back.

You fucking sheep want backwards compat on every god damn console, so they can't ever fucking use anything new, except minimally faster hardware.
>>
>>331583023
>It's a mid-range smartphone-tier handheld that plugs into your television and plays full price games
I think you meant "most likely scenario"

Worst case scenario would be something like, they gut their millions of surplus Wii Us, overclock them, then put them in a new plastic casing and sell them as a new thing
>>
>>331583823
I think he means in the sense that Nintendo isn't going to pay the money for a more advanced POWER CPU because they don't want to deal with the power consumption and heat issues [which is a defensible position] so they just keep reworking the same one they've been using since Gamecube.
>>
>>331583992
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just took Wii U, added a fourth core and produced it on 28nm to boost the clock.
>>
>>331583997

that's part of it.
>>
I think if it doesn't sell well out of the gate it will lose steam very, very rapidly and may not even hit Wii U levels of sales.
>>
It not only detonates, creating a massive, fiery explosion that incinerates anyone nearby, but it leaves both toxic fumes in the immediate vicinity and an incredible amount of fallout in a ten mile radius.
>>
File: 1458240660557.jpg (895 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458240660557.jpg
895 KB, 900x1200
>>331585087
so what kind of a gimmick will it push to be attractive to normies ?
>>
>>331583935
you realize that nintendo will find any excuse to make their console cheaper and sell it at a profit, right? It's not like backwards compatibility is their focus, it's that they are, and will continue to be, a bunch of jews trying to wring the most money out of what they've already invested in.
>>
>>331585673
This. If Nintendo wanted to they could go to IBM and get something more powerful that maintains BC if that was so important to them. Really, they just don't want to spend the money on a new CPU.
>>
>>331585636
>what kind of a gimmick will it push
Whatever it ends up being, I'm dreading it.
>>
>>331585636
Portability.
>>
>>331583023
>It's 500$ and slightly below PS4 power wise.
>>
>>331583023
-It's just the vitality sensor.
>>
>>331583023
>The controller without buttons is real and it only has digital games.
I'd probably kill myself. Or drop videogames altogether.
>>
File: 1457933256523.jpg (3 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1457933256523.jpg
3 KB, 124x124
>>331586968
heh
>>
>>331586969
If that controller is real they are DOA.
>>
Dead on arrival.

It'll be underpowered compared to whatever MS/Sony put it, and of course PC. No third party dev will want to downgrade their games to N64 levels, so it'll just be another Maryoh machine.
>>
File: 20160201_102840_resized.jpg (396 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
20160201_102840_resized.jpg
396 KB, 747x1328
> its a $400 android tablet with Nintendo exclusive store
>>
>>331583023
>Pikmin 4 is the only first party release during the first 6 months
>No third party support
>>
It's a handheld with next gen pokemon being exclusive on 3ds line of consoles. They would sell nothing.
>>
It's Wii 3, name and everything. Just cut to the chase and fuck its shit up right now if that's true. Wii isn't bad but it was a one-off deal and WiiU is proof of that. The worst thing Nintendo could possibly do is continue to attempt to ride Wii's legacy. I think they're smart enough to move away from it this time, or at least I hope so, but that would kill them. They need to completely let go of all things Wii looking into the future. That ship has sailed, let it die.
>>
File: ready.jpg (47 KB, 641x247) Image search: [Google]
ready.jpg
47 KB, 641x247
>>331588194
>No third party dev will want to downgrade their games to N64 levels, so it'll just be another Maryoh machine
>>
>>331588787
I bet they make it just like Wii only they change the name to something different.
>>
File: NO MORE FUCKING GIMMICKS.png (50 KB, 286x300) Image search: [Google]
NO MORE FUCKING GIMMICKS.png
50 KB, 286x300
>>331583023
>its another gimmick console
>>
>>331588787
Kimishima himself said that they were moving away from the wii/ds brand altogether and it was going to be something completely new. Whether or not you want to take his word is up to you
>>
That's not worst case scenario OP, that just means I won't buy it.

Worst case scenario is more like:

>Console is phenomenal with Nintendo's best in ages. Tons of great games, the best entry in a lot of series, etc...

>all localizations are done by Treehouse and reach a new level of shit. It's not just censorship, dialog changes, but full on changes or removal of content, dumbing down game play, etc... making all cersions far more inferior than the J-versions

>console region locked

>Nintendo fanboys still defend it
>>
File: nope.png (33 KB, 2057x1221) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
33 KB, 2057x1221
>>331583023
>Worst Case Scenario
this
>>
>>331590634

Let's be honest with ourselves.

If this is truly the NX, nintendo is fucked.
>>
NO ZELDA AT LAUNCH OR NEAR LAUNCH
>>
>Doesn't have VR capabilities
>>
>>331591172
Good senpai
>>
>>331583023
>Two styles, like the 2DS and 3DS
>Nintendo Mother
>Aimed at bringing in an older demographic, comes packaged with a Cooking Mama game
>Nintendo Daughter
>Clunky, indestructible shell around the system designed for toddlers, cones packaged with New Super Mario Bros. Family
>>
>>331588408
Seeing how many good descitions they have done recently, specialy with the new paper mario and Metroid I wouldn't be surpised.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.