[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
love the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
So I just finished playing through the game again and I want to know what makes the game for other people, for me its the characters.
>>
>>331578505
The pseudo ww2 setting
>>
I suppose it would be the gameplay, despite it's absurdly easy difficulty. Which characters in particular? I skipped the entire story since the few cutscenes that I watched in the beginning gave me the impression that the story would be some sort of typical anime bullshit (my opinion was further reinforced by the unskippablr cutscenes).
>>
>>331580032
I'd have to say all of them since they all are given enough backstory to kind of get an idea of there personalities which I found really neat
>>
File: r.png (682 KB, 701x1155) Image search: [Google]
r.png
682 KB, 701x1155
I like the low-fantasy WW2. Nothing was too over the top and it felt like the story actually went through QA before going into development. It's no Iliad but it's not a bad story at all. Shame about the sequels.

Resting bitchface a best
>>
>>331578505

The world war-ish setting. Also, certain characters like the blonde yankee who doesn't like being called a hick. And the brown scout that gets bonuses for being around cocks.

Little things like that give the otherwise faceless grunts a little personality.

Alicia and the Darken are garbage though. Welkin needs access to his own squad-harem.
>>
>>331580032
>it's absurdly easy difficulty

Speaking of which, now that it's on PC, are there mods to make it harder? It's getting boring on PS3.
>>
>>331578505
I liked most of the characters and the setting was charming
>>
another thing that was really well done was the art style, its very unique that you don't really see in games to often
>>
>>331578505
The gameplay did remind me of Hogs of War, Worms 3d, etc to an extent and I liked those games but it was the characters mostly.
I thought they handled the evolving relationship between baker lady and bug boy pretty well. It seemed unusually subtle and I liked it. Then I discovered the extra content and started cringing.
I enjoyed it overall.
>>
>>331580032
You should probably emulate 3 if you want a real challenge and fun
It is way more anime though
>>
>>331580682
There's a really good rebalancing mod that makes some missions hard as fuck and reworks most of the OP orders.
>>
>>331580875
is there an English patch?, i know that the third game only released in japan.
>>
>>331581064
Yeah there's a patch, it doesn't translate the DLC missions but everything else is fully translated
You should check out the artbooks too
>>
>>331581687
thanks for the info, i didnt know it had a patch

so is the second game worth skipping?
>>
>>331581987
Do you like military academy setting?
But at the very least the artbook of it is worth looking at
>>
the second one looks like a anime highschool show, so im just wondering if its worth getting for the stroy
>>
>>331580980
Gallian crossfire is the mod
>>
>>331582615
The story is okay but 3 is better in almost every way
>>
>>331578505

WW2 with waifus, also the Canvas engine makes it look unique.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.