[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got this thing, it's installing as we speak. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: skylines.jpg (273 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
skylines.jpg
273 KB, 1280x720
Got this thing, it's installing as we speak.

What am I in for?
>>
>>331577678
A good game, expect traffic jams
>>
>>331577678
building a city with a lot of roundabouts instead of intersections like a normal fucking city, that is, unless they fixed traffic.

inb4 eurocucks try telling me the actual term for a fuckign traffic circle
>>
>>331577678
A game you bought faggot. Go find out for yourself.
>>
>>331577875
well roundabouts ARE better, the C:S problem is that there is way too much traffic. a 6lane highway really shouldn't be jammed in a well functioning city...
>>
>>331577678
Best city builder to hit the market in many years.
>>
Read up on how to organize your roads and shit.

It will help you in the long run.
>>
>>331578993
maybe ur city isn't well functioning senpai
>>
>>331579843
not that guy and haven't played in forever, but at release traffic was broken as fuck. number of lanes on a road didn't matter because all cars took the same one and the others were mostly empty. when there was traffic on another lane and a car tried to switch lanes it would just park in the middle of the fucking highway and wait, causing a huge traffic jam.
>>
>>331577875
britbong here, roundabout is correct word.
>>
File: city.jpg (328 KB, 1768x992) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
328 KB, 1768x992
A very nice looking game with great traffic system but that is also extremely simple and bland.

The game has zero replayability since there is literally nothing to it.

There are absolutely no decisions or choices to be made that aren't simply where you are going to place stuff and the shape of the roads/zones.

If you don't run out of money in the first 5 minutes you will be the richest city in the world regardless of how badly you play it.

It's the "creative mode minecraft" game of the city building genre.
>>
>>331577678
>what am I in for?
Traffic management: the game
>>
>Traffic++ will never be updated

God damn I miss autistically placing turn and lane rules.
>>
>>331577875
The fixed traffic, cars now use different lanes.
>>
>>331577678
>What am I in for?
A city-building game what the fuck do you think you're in for?
>>
>>331577678
Get mods
>>
>>331582470
Do those giant fans help keep the city cool?
>>
>>331578993
Perhaps you've never visited my hometown of Los Angeles. 6 lane highways jam packed from 6am til 6pm.
>>
>>331581369
no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>331586764
They just waft pollutants over the residential area and make tons of noise.
Real life shitposters.
>>
one of the better city builders since SimCity 4. The UI seems lacking at first, but you have to get used to it. Not all options are unlocked at first so it eases you into it. This almost turned me off at first.

Traffic will be the main issue you face. One of the better traffic systems in a city builder, but it had some huge issues shortly after launch. (Not all lanes were used for exit ramps among other things). It required more planning rather than simply making everything highways and 6 lane roads. The mass transit/subway system was a bit lacking though it might have been improved with mods.

However, keeping your budget afloat is far too easy.
>>
Its pretty good for just city building but the game has no difficulty at all even on the hard mode.
>>
>>331577678
It's got a good soundtrack. Music to fall asleep to. Unfortunately you can't because the traffic noise is so loud.
Also show us your first city.
>>
An easy and comfy city builder.
>>
File: bounce.png (4 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
bounce.png
4 MB, 1680x1050
>>
>>331589683
Damn. That's some hardcore bouncing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.