[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the real question is, will No Man's sky really be worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: NoMansSkyScaleModel-3.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NoMansSkyScaleModel-3.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
So the real question is, will No Man's sky really be worth the wait?

I'm still really tempted to preorder, but I am afraid of some of the stuff others have said, mainly that a lot of the planets we've seen have been very similar. Will it be repetitive, or will it be great?
>>
>>331574369

Never preorder shit like this. There's no guarantee on if the game will be fun or repetitive, or if the planets are any good. Just hold off on it.
>>
>>331574369
It'll be neat if its promises are delivered

but the wont be
>>
What do you lose by waiting a week or two?
>>
>>331574369
The pre-order bonus is just some shitty ship, there is zero reason to pre order this. Just wait and see if it's decent.
>>
>>331574939
I have just been following it for so long that I'm going to be seriously disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be amazing.
>>
>>331574369
Don't preorder anything unless you're able to live with the consequences of being fucked in your tight little wallet.
>>
>>331574939

Absolutely nothing. Just wait and see what others say about the game. Then form your own decision based on other people's opinions and decide wether you want to buy the game or not.
>>
>>331574369
Can I become a space pirate?
>>
File: 1455847170371.jpg (189 KB, 1276x1944) Image search: [Google]
1455847170371.jpg
189 KB, 1276x1944
>>331575068
>I have just been following it for so long that I'm going to be seriously disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be amazing.
You poor innocent soul.
>>
>>331574369
>will No Man's sky really be worth the wait?
depends on how much you enjoy procedurally generated screensavers.
>>
>>331574369
Be a responsible gamer and never pre-order. No matter how good or bad the game may be, never give that kind of power to dev/publishers.

Not pre-ordering a game basically means a company is forced to put out a better product if they intend to make money off of it.
>>
>>331574369
What kind of question is that? How should we know?
>I'm still really tempted to preorder
Nigger stop
>>
>>331574768
What promises don't you think they'll deliver on?>>331575207
>>
I want it to be good and it looks like it will be good. It probably wont be good ;_;
>>
>>331575207
Do you really think that the interaction will be that limited? Possibly another "walking sim"?
>>
>>331574369
I preordered and I'll still tell you not to. This game will basically either be amazing or boring as hell and there's no way to know before it launches. I only preordered because i get all games like this regardless of quality.
>>
>>331574369
I will wait, view reviews from actual players and avoid autistic critics that havent been paid off by a small gaming company. I'll probably buy the game whether it gets good ratings or not, which i believe it will, I can get comfy with a game like this.
>>
>>331574369
>preordering
>ever
But for what purpose
>>
>>331574369
>Preordering
>2016

I literally can't understand this
>>
>>331575296
>>331575824
I like to have things on release day. It's like an imminent sense of excitement knowing you're going to have it there and then.
>>
>>331575556
I hope for their sake too that it'll be amazing, it's a brilliant idea that I hope can be well executed. Sean Murray seems to have really put a lot of hard work into it and I hope it pays off.
>>
JUST
WAIT
>>
>>331576753
I take it you haven't been burned before, sure, do preorder it.
>>
I know you're trolling, but if anyone reading this thread isn't:

If games are bought by how good the game is (only something that can be judged after release) then publishers give money to developers, to make the game better.

If games are bought by pre-order, then publishes pay marketers, because the quality of game has no impact on sales, and so marketing of the game is the only thing they need to worry about.
>>
>>331578858
Literally not trolling.
>>
>>331575437
They have robo cops on literally every planet that will give you a GTA style wanted level if you mess with the planet too much, despite the planets supposedly being the size of actual planets meaning any damage by one person is extremely negligible.
>>
File: madcyclopswithhairytits.jpg (49 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
madcyclopswithhairytits.jpg
49 KB, 330x319
>>331574369
>just replace the image with Todd and its the same fucking thread.

>taking preorders of anything ever
Do it, and enjoy your huge hollow game.
>>
>>331580779
What if it's possible to shitpost a planet so hard that you end up destroying a country or continent?
>>
>>331575141
Yeah.
>>
>I'm still really tempted to preorder
It doesn't matter if the game will actually be good or not
YOU NEVER FUCKING PREORDER
>>
I just don't have a good feeling about this game. It just doesn't sell me at all no matter how much Sony promotes it.
>>
>>331582795
But why?
>>
>>331580779
Maybe they're just really angry.
>>
>>331574369
Depends on what you're expecting.

I'm kidding; no matter what, the answer will be no.
>>
>>331575297
Meaningful gameplay differences between the planets, making exploration have a point beyond shallow, cosmetic variety.
>>
I think the real question is, will it even be worth playing, much less buying?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.