[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rip my whole squad familia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: XCOM(EW)_SiteRecon_Docks.jpg (215 KB, 1186x704) Image search: [Google]
XCOM(EW)_SiteRecon_Docks.jpg
215 KB, 1186x704
rip my whole squad familia
>>
>>331558801
Is squad familia like your main set of people or something? I do not understand this sentence.

Anyways, at worst you should love one guy. Once the surprise of that mission is over, just know to blow up the sharks with grenades and you're fine.
>>
>>331559050
you should lose one guy*
>>
File: 1361229117368.gif (3 MB, 396x186) Image search: [Google]
1361229117368.gif
3 MB, 396x186
>mfw found out you can rocket jump to the controls with a mec, activate the beacon and rush back to the LZ and the fuckers will always run out of moves before they can attack
>>
>>331559419
dont have mec yet
>>
File: xnview_2016-02-18_18-45-28.jpg (149 KB, 1047x1007) Image search: [Google]
xnview_2016-02-18_18-45-28.jpg
149 KB, 1047x1007
It's a scary mission first time you do it, on the additional playthroughs though you just run the overwatch train through the level, farm lids spawning out of the whale, then leave the fastest guy at the control panel, run the rest of your team to the LZ, then press the button and leg it.
>>
>>331561042
>not having mecs yet
might aswell restart you fucking dick, you're the reason shen left us
>>
>>331559050
>Is squad familia like your main set of people or something? I do not understand this sentence.
How is your first day on /v/ going?
>>
>>331561454
>not haivng mecs yet
That probably means he is playing LW like a seasoned and exceptional commander, and YOU are now the reason Shen left us.

Tables are turned nigga.
>>
>>331561454
mimetic skin is pretty op so..
>>
File: smug anime girl.jpg (35 KB, 319x333) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl.jpg
35 KB, 319x333
>>331562063
>using memetic skin
Full on pleb
>>
>>331558801
S H I V
H
I
V
>>
File: Untitled (6).png (2 MB, 1766x760) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (6).png
2 MB, 1766x760
>>331561695
>implying im not playing on hardmode with troops like these
>>
>>331562423
SHILL
H
I
L
L
>>
>>331562459
LW for XCOM 2 when?
>>
>>331562687
But you can already play it like that. Just don't start the final missions and knock over a facility when the avatar project gets too high. The only thing LW would bring is retarded healthbars on all the enemies.
>>
>>331563138
I take it you haven't fully played LW before then? Because you are talking some stupid shit there.
>>
>>331563138
Don't forget about squad fatigue. And UFO's would chase you 24/7, not just during the dark event. Retaliation missions would mean that you always lose the region, the number of civs saved would only affect the number of days you need to reestablish connection with it. Psi operatives wouldn't be usable during their psi training.
There's always a possibility to make the game less fun, I'm sure LW team will find all of those possibilities.
>>
>>331563756
Joking aside, UFOs hunting you all the time could be an interesting way of upping the difficulty. Like, you do a lot of stuff on a single continent in a short space of time and they start to zero in on you, so maybe you need to lie low for a while.
>>
>>331564758
I wouldn't mind, if the missions themselves were sufficiently different every time, but that's unlikely. My darkest memory from Long War is endless fucking small UFO missions, hundreds of them, every one just like another. 7-9 aliens, 2 small pods or 1 big and and Outsider. Fuck small UFOs. I appreciate all the new content that Long War adds, but the way it burns you out with endless repetitive missions ensures that I'll never play it again.
>>
Are there people who actually like the XCOM 2 campaign timer?

Because it's some serious artificial difficulty bullshit.
>>
>>331565704
I don't think it's a bad idea by itself, but I wish they implemented it better. Like, if you could hack lamp post and increase the timer by 1 turn on a basic roll and by 2 on advanced. Or if timer only started when you were revealed on some missions where it doesn't make sense for the aliens to wire self destruct on their shit before they even know that the terrorists are coming.
It doesn't make the game hard per se, since there's so many tools for you to exploit and blow the fuck out of any enemy you meet in one turn, but it does add a bit of frustration for newer players who are not used to the game being balanced around them.
And if you mean the Avatar timer the only thing I dislike about it is the shitty way it forcibly stops your scanning, takes your screen, shoves it into the fucking ocean and shouts the same fucking speech from Bradford in your ear.
Once you familiarise yourself with the way it works you can easily control and abuse it.
>>
>>331565704
I've only failed one mission due to the timer. And even then all I would've needed was a grenade to blow a wall open.

The timer's really not that bad. IT feels great when you extract on the last turn, too.
>>
>>331566636
>>331566527

I mean the campaign timer. The overall campaign timer.

I don't even care all that much about the mission timers, but I'm talking about the "Avatar Project" timer bullshit.
>>
>>331566807
You can prolong it indefinitely.
>>
>>331566807
Why do you dislike it (other than the annoying cutscene bullshit)? It's annoying, but it hardly makes the game more difficult. Always be in process of establishing contacts with new regions, use facility leads to get to facilities in the regions you don't have contact with yet, use plot missions to knock it down even further. It's easier than the satellite game in EW in my opinion, a lot more annoying, but easier in gameplay terms since it doesn't really do anything by itself, except annoying you.
>>
>>331566959
>>331567268

I had shit luck with trying to push back the Avatar project. I got hit by a Dark Event that pushed it forward by two bars and I also had difficulty trying to balance countering the Avatar Project and doing other shit on the side.

I mean, when scan opportunities come up, do they go away after a period of time or are they there until you scan them? And I also want to make sure I have enough resources so that I can send good soldiers in to fight.

Also, I did the tutorial as well, so not sure if that also screws me over or not.
>>
>>331567659
>when scan opportunities come up, do they go away after a period of time or are they there until you scan them?
They last for about a month, I believe.

>I did the tutorial as well, so not sure if that also screws me over or not.
I believe doing the tutorial gives you a better start, actually, since it gives you a scanning location right away, which chains into other scanning locations
>>
>>331568382
Ah. I might just be doing something wrong, then. I think I just get too eager to do the other stuff that I haven't paid attention to knocking down the facilities.

Plus, I had to wait some time to get the first resistance comm room.
>>
>>331568829
Also, again, I had a Dark Event where the project advanced by two bars, so that also helped in fucking me over.
>>
>>331566527
>timer only started when you were revealed on some missions
This fixes it completely.
Otherwise its perfectly logical and serves as a good mechanic.
>>
>>331568382
You get a scanning location with an engineer every time you start a game, tutorial or not.
And scanning locations don't last a month, there's a mod that reveals their timers.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.