[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be interested in a Metal Gear game set in World War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 647x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 647x1000
Would you be interested in a Metal Gear game set in World War 2 with the Joy, or would it be better left to the imagination?
>>
>>331557179
No. The Boss is an untouchable concept. The whole MGS series are based on what different people though of Boss and her dream. To actually play as the Boss and realizing who is really is and what her dream really was would be to demystify those things and ultimately make them seem dull. Some things are better left untouched. Let sleeping legends lie.
>>
>>331557552
She's not a legend though, she's a human-being like everyone else. Now that we know about all the shit everyone went through to keep her "dream" alive it would be kind of interesting to see who she really was.
>>
Not from current Konami. And even then, why call it Metal Gear? It won't even have anything to do with a Metal Gear like the MSX games or MGS1, 2 or 4.
>>
>>331557929
For what purpose? Debunking legends like that serves no purpose other than to humiliate them.
Like, Jesus was half-human right? So, that mean that he pooped like everyone, yes? Why would a Christian want to know about how Jesus pooped though? Sure, it happened, but there is no reason to exploit that fact other than to make fun of it. Therefore, in a sense, only someone who hates MGS and/or the Boss would want to make a game about her.
>>
>>331557179
I would more enjoy an actual squad-based Metal Gear game Launching from PO and PW and PP rather then relegating the army that's backing you to statistics. I liked having a companion like Quite in PP, and I can only imagine how many waves adding the Burning Man or the Cobras or any Supersoldier to the roster would make a last stand.

The Boss has a good basis of being that. But I'm sure it's not going to happen now.
>>
>>331558285
It should be the opposite. Have her do crazier things the gov has to cover up.

Fits her.
>>
>>331557929
Yeah... but what if Jesus was just a carpenter that wanted to instigate a few civil reforms and would be horrified to learn he's been deified?

That bit of blasphemy aside; The Boss isn't Jesus. And holding her up like she is was an in-canon mistake powerbrokers made in the series.
>>
>>331558285

>Why would a Christian want to know about how Jesus pooped though?

You underestimate them.

One of the people present at one of the Pope's addresses in the US STOLE HIS FUCKING GLASS OF WATER to have his wife and children drink from and bless them with.

And that's just the Pope.
>>
>>331557929
She absolutely was a legend. A person, who is a human being would have had a cesarean before going into live combat while 9 months pregnant
>>
>>331558881
The Vatican is obviously a completely Jewish establishment, at least in modern times.
>>
>>331558212
>MGS3
>No Metal Gear
>No Solid Snake
>"But it's a prequel to MGS."
So is this.
>>
>>331559438
There are mentions of a Metal Gear in MGS3.
>>
>>331558881
Christians also worship a bed sheet too, don't they?

Also, I don't know, OP. I'd play it if they made it, because who cares about the story after 4.
>>
>>331559438
It had Big Boss though, who was at least mentioned in every MGS game that came out before 3. That and it introduces Granin who shows design concepts for REX.
>>
>>331559553
The Nazi's where working on a bunch of super high tech weaponry for the time. Maybe they had plans for a protype that the Soviets got their hands on.
>>
File: 1447443596397.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1447443596397.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>331559572
>"I'd play it if they made it, because who cares about the story after 4"
>implying story doesn't matter in a MG game
>implying story wouldn't matter in a MG game about the Boss
>implying MGS4 and/or its story were bad
>>
>>331559778
>Metal Gear story matters! And MGS4 was good!

ohnoitsretarded.jpeg
>>
>>331559572
OP here. The whole reason I made this thread was because Metal Gear is effectively dead anyway, so they might go all out. MGS's story already has major ups and downs so they might as well give this setting a shot. All that said, Metal Gear is basically over with Kojima gone and Konami showing no interest in it, but if anothing comes up, officially or as a fan game, I'd like it to be about the Joy.
>>
>>331560143
>ohnoitsretarded.jpeg
Literally reddίt talk.
>>
>>331560258

I'm with you anon, I think it would be interesting. They don't really have another direction to go with anyway, so why not make it about the Cobras?

>>331560340
Good one
>>
>>331557179
>Would you be interested in a Metal Gear game set in World War 2 with the Joy
Yes.
and so would the rest of /v/.
we would all go apeshit for a Kojima metal gear project.
but metal gear will never be the same again.
>>
What about a game revolving around Liquid? Not much is known about him in between V and 1
>>
File: Kojima - The boss game noramndy.jpg (967 KB, 1440x4676) Image search: [Google]
Kojima - The boss game noramndy.jpg
967 KB, 1440x4676
>>331557179
Kojima actually had the idea for such game already planned during MGR's development.
Now we'll never see it.
>>
>>331561468
MGR was a developmental nightmare.
>>
Nope, I don't want anymore dwelling in the past.

Besides, the boss is a pretty fucking shit character, she's basically a walking talking plot device. I would rather see a completely new character start his own story with cameos from the old characters if they make a new MGS.
>>
>>331557179
No. Fuck you. Fuck your shit taste. Stop ruining characters.
>>
Can you faggots stop being obsessed with Metal Gear's lore? It was already ruined beyond belief with MGS 4 and ruined even further with MGS V

You people ever heard of new IP's? Let Kojima and Konami, for that matter, explore new shit.
>>
>>331557179
No. Then there'd be The Boss's mentor and that shit would never end
>>
I wanna see an Otacon Game...
>>
File: 1458059317196.jpg (60 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
1458059317196.jpg
60 KB, 500x487
I STILL REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE BOSS DIED
>>
>>331557179
> would you be interested in destroying the last intact character in the franchise?

No thanks anon.
>>
>>331564072
I read that in

Hayter's voice
>>
>>331557179
It would be kinda neat because the setting would lend itself to some crazy shannigans. Nazis are easy as fuck to provide potential for top tier military grunts out to kill you. But I honestly think the obsession with the Boss and putting her up there was stupid as fuck.

Fuck Kojima.
>>
File: image.png (433 KB, 386x494) Image search: [Google]
image.png
433 KB, 386x494
We need NANOMACHINES 2: Revengence Boogaloo
>>
>>331557179
Considering Metal Gear as a franchise is dead, I'd say all of the people's ideas in this thread are going to be left to the imagination.
>>
>>331557179
i was before konami killed the franchise
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.