[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TF2 advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 134142343324.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
134142343324.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Been playing for a couple weeks now. Bought a key just to get the upgraded version. It unlocked some useless item.
How do you go about getting new stuff? Players are always on chat yammering about trading items and I don't know what any of it means.
What's the best way to advance in the game?
>>
I dont wear the Gibus cause ppl make fun of it.
>>
Buy a key, trade it for metal (check backpack.tf for prices), use metal to buy every weapon from scrap.tf.
Now ignore all trading and play the game
>>
>>331557731
I see. Saw metal in the crafting menu and wondered how to get it. Thanks matey.
>>
File: 1360016114820.jpg (52 KB, 229x355) Image search: [Google]
1360016114820.jpg
52 KB, 229x355
>>331556031
>What's the best way to advance in the game?

Holy fuck, as someone who played on launch the fact that the concept of advancement even exists in this game is incredibly depressing. I miss the original TF2.
>>
File: Team-Fortress-2_256.png (14 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Team-Fortress-2_256.png
14 KB, 256x256
>>331558062
TF3 soon, fellow stalker

>sweep away all the economy bullshit
>clean slate, focused on gameplay
>quick loading times, great performance and optimisation, shiny new slightly-less-cartoony-but-still-stylized graphics
>bunnyhopping on/off as a server option
>>
>>331559229
Wow, it almost sounds like exactly what they designed TF2 to be from the beginning, before turning it into a hat simulator a few years later.
>>
>>331558062
there is no "advancement"
>>
>>331559493
yeah but it's too late to fix that shit now or they'll get mobbed by angry fanboys over losing millions of dollars of virtual hats

best to start over
>>
>>331556031
Default weapons are superior, there is no advice
>>
>>331560046
this is not true for

>Medic (Crossbow, Quick-fix, Ubersaw/Solemn Vow)

>Soldier (Beggars and Disciplinary Action, Market Gardener, or Escape Plan are all functional upgrades to the Shovel)

>Heavy (Tomislav, Sandvich, GRU)

>Scout (Soda Popper, Critacola, Atomizer/Basher)

>Sniper (Jarate/DDS/Camper/Razorback are all used over the SMG in competitive)
>>
>>331560046
what is escape plan
kritzkrieg
ubersaw
reserve shooter pyro
l'etranger + dead ringer
the jag
the gunslinger + panic attack ( buffed ) combo
the flying guillotine + sandman combo
the tomislav
the sandvich
the GRU
the blutsauger or medic crossbow
the quick fix while pocketing a good scout/jumping soldier
>>
File: 1458304138148.jpg (144 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1458304138148.jpg
144 KB, 800x800
tf2 on ps4/xbone with cross server when ? Does valve hate money? I'd like to watch console toddler trying to rollout/airshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol0Xg3smzN8
>>
>>331561879
>Beggars Bazooka
>Good
Yeah, have fun trying to load up your rockets at close range combat against a scout or pyro.
>>
>>331556031
>What's the best way to advance in the game?
build a time machine and go back to 2007
>>
get drops by playing daily, though there's a cap or decline after a small amount of time

one thing for each character is unlocked by completing a specific achievement, everything else is drops

trades are mostly for the cosmetic shit, because you'll get most weapons within a couple months
>>
>>331561879
None of these weapons are upgrades to their vanilla forms. I would only argue that the Sandvich has more use than a shotgun on heavy (since you really aren't ever close enough to someone to use shotgun, and if you are you might as well minigun) and that the Ubersaw far outclasses the normal saw because of the uber. Everything else is situational
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.