[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who works at IGN anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: ign20101.jpg (63 KB, 800x244) Image search: [Google]
ign20101.jpg
63 KB, 800x244
Ask someone who works at IGN anything.
>>
>>331552934
When will you quit and become a person?
>>
>>331553076
I make a decent amount of money, above average I'd say
>>
Tell Ryan McCaffrey no likes him. Worst reviewer ever
>>
>331552934

Why is IGN so shit?
>>
>>331553221
Will do, friendo :^)
>>331553354
Hello, newfriend
>>
>>331552934
how do we destroy your website?
give us some clues or hints
I really want to see gaming journalism burn
>>
How much did Greg Miller make a year before he left?
>>
>>331554075

also got any verifiable dirt on Miller that could really hurt him, his career and his friends?
>>
- How long have you worked there?
- Ever appear on any of the podcasts?
>>
File: 44GtP.jpg (182 KB, 1007x891) Image search: [Google]
44GtP.jpg
182 KB, 1007x891
Do the IGN reviewers actually play the games they review themselves? Or is it a system where someone else plays the game, makes notes, and then provides writing material for the reviewer to work off of?
>>
Can you confirm that Alanah is a serious case of nepotism? I am absolutely fucking sick and tired of her being featured all over the site for no apparent reason. Also, is Max as much of an insufferable piece of shit as he seems?
>>
Who's IGN biggest advertiser at the moment?
>>
Why do you suck so bad?
>>
Are you located in SF or NYC?
>>
Does IGN receive under-the-table payments from game developers to provide a good review for their game?
>>
>>331554306
I remember reading that God Hand review when it came out, it was pretty goddamned obvious the "reviewer" spent all of five minutes playing the game before dropping the controller.
>>
@331552934
Will you answer my strawpoll?
https://strawpoll.me/7145011
>>
File: gayyy.jpg (15 KB, 234x268) Image search: [Google]
gayyy.jpg
15 KB, 234x268
IGN used to be a good resource for game reviews.

Now it's just another pseudo-blog parroting SJW pop culture bullshit. Into the trash it goes.
>>
and the OP bailed.
>>
>>331554075
Old rumours around the office says Schneider (The Producer), the biggest jew I've ever met, took pretty much took 9/10 of Greg's final cut that he'd been saving for his IGN-retirment
>>331554293
Been working here for a little less than 3 years only doing tech stuff and what not, but about 1 year ago I got really huge promotion
>>331554202
No, he's actually a really nice guy
>>331554306
>>331554448
>>331554542

I can't really speak of that, as much as I'd like to, though I'm not gonna lie and say that IGN doesn't do shady shit
>>331554754
No
>>331554816
Just alot of questions m'lord
>>331554756
I make a decent salary from it, I'm happy atleast
>>
>>331554756
This. All the reviewers basically left or got sidelined in favor of human garbage SJW's clogging the site with clickbait. Shame that Brian Altano and Daemon Hatfield have to go down with them on this sinking ship.
>>
>>331554978
Reported to the cops
>>
How big of a drunk is Marty actually
>>
>>331554978

So you're not involved in editorial at all? Then fuck off, nobody cares about you.
>>
>>331555819
I am, by tech stuff I meant helping the actual tech guys get shit done around the office. I got a promotion you see? So now I'm working around the editorials.
>>331555659
The biggest
>>
>>331554978
So you're the IT guy?
>>
>>331556038
You don't know what editorial means, you sham. Piss off.
>>
>>331556038
Did you go to the first ign house party? If so, I might have met you
>>
>>331556225
>>331556280
It's a complicated position
>>331556287
No, I'm more of a /v/ base-dweller than a party guy
>>
Do you think IGN Could ever be unbiased?
Do you know anything of the incestuous office relationships with game development studios that might cause red flags for videogame reviews?

I personally don't ever trust any review your company ever makes, and I don't think you should either.

I just wanna know where IGN'S Biases lie so I can immediately disregard certain reviews but actually pay attention to ones they might not have some bias in.

This whole incestuous relationship between journalists and devs is only a recent thing. This wasn't happening back when IGN started and it was a company worth going to for honest reviews.

I just wanna know if that spark is still there.
>>
>>331556451
>thinks the IGN House Party was a regular party

Confirmed fake.
>>
>>331556707
Him being a Yuropoor with a poor grasp of english, and not knowing what Editorial is, should've been a giveaway
>>
>>331556707
I don't know what party you're talking about either way
>>331556641
Can't answer that matie
>>
>>331552934
whats your hourly rate
did you get in by networking, did you make ignorant reviews like the rest of your staff?
how do you like with yourself knowing that you work for "8.8" "Too much water" "Overwhelming mechanics" "its okay to never review unless to shit on Nintendo but not when Sony or Microsoft does it" the website? do you get paid by competitors to shit on the other companies?
how much dick did you suck and how many people youve to get this job
>>
>>331558134
7-9 hours a day, have not done any reviews in particular, mostly just take care of their social medias, all of them.

I know this is a shit company but it keeps food on the table so who gives?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.