[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck would you even? I see no incentive to pre-purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
Why the fuck would you even? I see no incentive to pre-purchase content that won't exist for some time when you can just wait for it to go on sale and only buy the ones that aren't trash.
>>
>>331552902
Bad goy, don't you want our EXCUSIVE deals?
>>
Then don't buy it. It's a pretty simple decision.
>>
>>331552902
Its for people who know beyond that shadow of a doubt that that they will be buying all the DLC that comes out for a game and have no interesting in 'waiting' on it to be cheap. You usually save 5 bucks or so buying the season pass over buying each iteration individually

You're assuming season passes are targeted at everyone who owns the game. they are not.
>>
>>331552902
git gud casual scum
>>
b..b..b..but discount
>>
>>331553036
Pretty sure he's asking why other people would buy it, you smug faggot
>>
>>331553242
well if you're going to eventually buy the DLC anyway you may as well
>>
>>331552902
thankfully for me it only cost 50$ on my country (the game and the season pass included)
>>
>>331553069
I've never bought a season pass. Is the big incentive that it turns out cheaper then waiting for a sale on DLC or is it just for impatient faggits that need all the content ASAP?
>>
>>331553392
We aren't all poorfags who need mommy's credit card in order to pick up a content pack.
>>
>>331553627
good goy
>>
>>331553852
Took you a little while to come up with that cop out bro.
>>
>>331552902
Because I'll buy it anyway and this is cheaper.
Souls DLC has never disappointed me so far, I have no reason to think this will change.
>>
>>331552902
I got it when I preorded the 85$ edition, saved me 10 bucks for getting it with the collectors edition and 5 bucks for preorder. 25 for a season pass, am not disappoint. Hopefully.
>>
>>331552902
It's probably like 5 bucks cheaper in the end if you decide to get all the DLC so there is a little incentive at least.
>>
>>331552902
I did because I'd be getting DLC no matter what
>>
why would you even buy the game at all anon? you can just wait some time and buy it used provided it's not trash after watching a few let's plays

better yet, fuck off, some people have the money and just don't give a shit it's trash
>>
>>331552902
Dark Souls II DLC never ever went on sale. Just saying.
You can always aim for the inevitable GotY edition. But you are essentially bying the game twice at that point, not upgrading.
>>
>>331555817
Souls games are at their best at release because of active online.

Seeing people die like a bitch via bloodstaines always entertains me.
>>
>>331555903
There has never been a time in any Souls game's history where online was anything but active.
>>
File: Terry.jpg (38 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
Terry.jpg
38 KB, 400x304
>>331552902
>I see no incentive to pre-purchase content that won't exist for some time
People are willing to get season passes because they have been constantly assured that the content the will receive from company producing it (From Soft in this case) will be good, and knocking off a few bucks for content people know they will eventually get encourages them to just buy it now, rather than piss around with the idea when the DLC actually comes out.

You are skeptical, and probably a cynic when it comes to the matter of DLC, pre-orders and other early access elements of games. Which is fine, I'm not here to shit talk you, it is a logical and well grounded stance to take. However when you consider anons like this>>331554604 season passes become understandable, especially in the case of a Souls game. Souls DLC has often been considered even better than the core game, both in the case of Artorias and the Crown DLC. It's unsurprising people would be willing to trust a company enough to throw money at them for the prospect of better future content.

Fallout NV was a rushed game with huge cuts, but unlike MGS5 the "popular" public response of NV was positive as the game did not blatantly seem like it have an entire part of it ripped out. Using the money and success of the core game they finished or reshaped cut content into the DLC which was also loved. This idea is the principle of season passes. By using the core games profits and then adding on the Season Pass money studios can put further effort into their DLC.

This is not to say that game designs purposely withhold or do not finish content just so they can milk people through season passes, though that possibility does exist. In Fallout 4's case the game was already tied to a budget for it's core production and while they and we knew that DLC add-ons would be coming and they had plans for it, they did not have the time or money to put the DLC elements in their complete state into the games original release.
>>
>>331557597
>You are skeptical, and probably a cynic
Considering the current state of the gaming industry, can you blame anyone?
>>
>>331558224
>Considering the current state of the gaming industry, can you blame anyone?
As I said, it is a perfectly reasonable attitude to have with ample evidence to justify it. I was more playing Devil's Advoate when talking about Season Passes since when I first heard of the idea I could just hear the sound goyms rubbing their hands in the back of my mind since Season Passes are the pre-orders of DLC. Still, they are much better then fucking mircrotransactions, which is another thing plaguing MGS5 coupled with its cut content.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.