[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he justified in his war against the Gods? Did he do the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
Was he justified in his war against the Gods?

Did he do the right thing in the end?
>>
>>331551069
No.
He got rid of the asshole that tricked him into killing his family. the rest of the shit that happened to him was entirely his fault and his fault alone.

He is just a angry greedy prick.
>>
>>331551069
Wasn't the world fucked because he killed all the gods?
>>
>>331551358

Yeah but the gods were assholes
>>
>>331551358

He killed most of them no idea what the fuck happened to all the others
>>
No he killed a shit ton of innocents simply for getting in his way
>>
>>331551358
>>331551591
>>331552209
in killing himself, he gave humanity the power of hope, so the world will be fine

did none of you play the game?
>>
>>331552818
Wasn't it implied that he survived though? I don't know how hope is going to stop the cataclysm he caused.
>>
>>331551251
>the rest of the shit that happened to him was entirely his fault and his fault alone.
>Deimos' kidnapping was his fault
>Being tricked by the gods once again into doing their dirty jobs to free him from his dreams and then go "oops ,we can't do that, sorry" was his fault
>Being place in a position he didn't want on the first place just because he killed Ares was his fault

He had several reasons to be somewhat pissed with the gods.
>>
>>331551591
A god was a asshole. Ares was the asshole
After Kratos became the god of war he abused his power and was banished. Then Kratos became a asshole.

that is the entire story of GoW.
>>
>>331551069
Not really. He's just an axe for brains with anger issues who destroyed everything wherever he went. But the gods weren't any better, really, it was only a matter of time until something like that happened, seeing how they treated mankind.
>>
>>331552818

Theres going to be a God of War 4 though

And he's clearly not dead if three's ending is anything to go by
>>
>>331552818
He survived.

The power of hope was unleashed when he opened Pandora's box.
>>
File: it rhymes.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
it rhymes.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>331553178
It's a maybe, as in maybe we resurrect him to make a sequel or maybe we just let him fall through a cliff again because pottery.
>>
>>331553253
>After Kratos became the god of war he abused his power and was banished.

He was made the God of War

What exactly else is he supposed to do besides wage war?
>>
Kratos dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>331553490
he was an angry man

-(JED)
>>
>>331551069
Kratos didn't care about doing the right thing. He only cared about getting his revenge and being forgiven for killing his family.
>>
>>331553357
>>331553703

What new epic meme is this?
>>
The man murders his entire family both mortal and god
>>
>>331553813
I am no joke, I just like to sign my posts,

-(JED)
>>
>>331553253
Kratos didnt abuse his power. Zeus was afraid of him so he killed him and took his powers away in GoW2. Then Gaia saved Kratos and brought him back to life so he could beef up again and travel back in time to kick Zeus's ass at the moment he got killed.
>>
>>331551591
Were they? Because the game failed to show that, if they were then Kratos still ended up being the bigger asshole.
>>
>>331551069
If he's from Greece why does he look black?
>>
>>331554118
>Kratos didnt abuse his power
https://youtu.be/lLXPyCQYco0?t=49
>>
The God's were fucking idiots who got everything they deserved, I bet they wish they had just let Kratos kill himself at the end of GoW1.
And then after he kills Thanatos, one of the strongest Gods, they decide to make him even more powerful, and that was after Kratos had learned about all the messed up shit they had done to his family
>>
>>331554052
I'll take the bait, you know you can just get a trip right?
>>
>>331554143

>I have never looked at Greek Mythology outside of a Disney movie

Hades kidnaps someone's daughter and forces her to be married to him for half the year

Zeus is constantly sleeping with dozens of women creating monstrosities and Demigods everywhere

Hera tricked Hercules into killing his family

Ares is God of War nuff said
>>
>>331554173
He's painted white.
>>
>>331554425
But we are not talking about the myths here, we are talking about the games.
>>
>>331554173
you can't just ask people why they look black
>>
>>331551069
No and yes. In that order
>>
>>331554039

Not joking, that's deep.
>>
>>331554367
I'm special this way

-(JED)
>>
>>331554473
It isn't "paint" if you had played the games you would know he is white from ASH, specifically the ashes of his dead family or something like that. He was portrayed Caucasian in the games when it shows the flashback of him fighting on behalf of Ares as a commander of Sparta.
>>
The moment pandaros box was opened was the moment kratos became justified in his killings.
>>
>>331554774
>Commander of Sparta
>Riding a horse
>Or begging someone to save is life
Some Spartan he was
>>
>>331551591
Wasn't the gods infected with the evils released from Pandora's box. Athena said that she realized that Zeus was infected with fear.
>>
File: 1333218936413.png (2 KB, 210x165) Image search: [Google]
1333218936413.png
2 KB, 210x165
>>331553327
>GoW 4
>Kratos loses all his powers AGAIN
>Gets mad and angry all over again as someone tricks him into doing stupid shit

I love Kratos but they better just reboot that shit. The gods are fucked, Kratos is fucked, the world is fucked, everything at the end of 3 is FUCKED. There's nothing left for Kratos to destroy.
>>
>>331554425
>Zeus is constantly sleeping with dozens of women
*in the form of animals
*while married (to his sister)

don't omit the sexy details

-(JED)
>>
>>331551069
The plot twist of God of War III was that the gods were on a downward slide since they became infected with the evils of Pandora's box when it was opened. So Kratos was indirectly fixing his own mess.
>>
He spent the opening of God of War 2 destroying dozens of cities that worshiped the other Gods

He brought it on himself
>>
>>331554425
hades was struck by aphrodite and he was the only god who didnt have a wife, also zeus was afraid of him and refused for him to fuck around like he himself and poseidon did. Also persephone was okay with hades, but her mother was throwing a huge hissfit.

Demigods also arent a problem
>>
>>331555486

This. Just give us a new protagonist in a new story with new mythology with a tiny reference to Kratos if need be.
>>
>>331555757
Apparently Hades one of the most stable marriages compared to the other immortals.
>>
>>331551069
>Was he justified in his war against the Gods?

Depends on how you view it. They fucked his life completely and utterly and only ever used him.

>Did he do the right thing in the end?

Killing himself and not giving the power to Athena so she can control humanity and all life? Most definately.

>>331553178
>Wasn't it implied that he survived though?

No. Nothing hints at this. They should you that he crawled towards the cliff edge and threw himself off it.

>>331553327
>Theres going to be a God of War 4 though
>And he's clearly not dead if three's ending is anything to go by

Kratos entire life story is over and by the end he had absolutely 0 reason to go on living. There's gonna be a new God of War game, but it won't feature Kratos.
>>
>>331555894
Sun Wukong already have an entire arc of his personal war with heaven.
>>
>>331555918
yes because he is not allowed out of hades. Zeus is afraid of hades because he is master of the dead.
>>
>>331556067
He also didn't let death stop him from getting out of the underworld
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.