[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into fighting games, but I get too stressed out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: CY3dwNRUwAIabY3.jpg (105 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
CY3dwNRUwAIabY3.jpg
105 KB, 600x863
I want to get into fighting games, but I get too stressed out during matches, and too emotional if I lose. What should I do?
>>
>>331548540
Stop being a bitch?
>>
Stop being a faggot it's literally just a game
>>
>>331548540
Don't lose your way
>>
Win
>>
>>331548540
Grow up is what you do
>>
git gud
>>
Quit. What do you want me to say?
>>
Gengar. Move spam his spin. Call in support. GG
>>
This Pokken craze is really bringing the quality threads.
>>
>>331548540
try a easier fighting game like street fighter v
>>
>>331548540
1. Practice
2. Never underestimate your opponent, regardless of win ratio or character
3. Practice
4. Learn the ins and outs of your character
5. Practice
6. Learn combos and movepool
7. Practice
8. Treat everyone like they're gonna kick your shit in if your that emotional
9. PRACTICE
10. git gud
>>
Find an environment you can grind out matches where you care more about attaining knowledge than winning. Generally this means something with friends or a local community.

While you should always play your best, make winning a long-term goal and getting better the short-term goal. Repeat whenever you hit a wall.
>>
Guys, please stop being so mean. You're hurting my feelings.
>>
>>331548540
Learn how to view your losses as learning experiences instead of getting buttmad
>>
>>331550109
But I get too buttmad to think of losses that way.
>>
>>331550302
Then emotionally detach yourself from the game and learn how to compartmentalize like an adult.
>>
>>331548758
IN YOUR MIND, WE HAVE TO BE AS ONE
>>
>>331548540

Lose. Get your shit kicked in time and time again to where it doesn't even phase you emotionally; it's something you grow out of. Also stop thinking you're good enough to win if you lost, if you lose the other player's just better then you. You just gotta get better and kick their ass next time around
>>
>>331550458
DONT LOSE YOUR WAY
BLESSED NIGHT

>>331548540
Just keep at it and you'll get over the hurdle eventually. Maybe take a breather after each match to adjust or something.

Does Pokken save replays? You should watch your replays if it does so you can analyze what you did wrong.
>>
>>331550420
I don't know what compartmentalize means, though.
>>
>>331550609
Basically it's like this. You act differently when you're at your job right? When you're around friends or family? When you're by yourself or talking online. You're compartmentalizing your life by dividing it into different sections and behaving appropriately in each one. Now do the same with the game, adopt a calm demeanor, one that's ready and eager to lose for the learning experience. Detach yourself emotionally, just let losses roll off of you, right now it's your job to lose and learn from the experiences. if you can't do this, consider getting another hobby like screaming into a pillow or beating up a stuffed animal.
>>
File: mang0.jpg (52 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
mang0.jpg
52 KB, 500x333
A loss is a loss in any game

I think people take fighting games too personally because they're 1v1. There's no escape from your loss because you're the only one that caused it, not a team.

But if you remember the first online game you ever played you probably did not win. The same thing happens here but it just happens for a little longer period of time because they're ultimately harder than a game like CoD or something. You can't prevent yourself from being mad all the time but you can allow yourself to realize it doesn't matter. The more you play and focus on getting better, regardless of how many times you get your ass whooped, the more you'll see improvement.
>>
>>331550584
>the other player's just better then you
What if he's a faggot spammer?
>>
>>331551129
he adopted a tactic and made it work
you couldn't even beat a single move
>>
File: 0.jpg (195 KB, 900x576) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
195 KB, 900x576
>>
>>331551129
Then the other player was using a very novice strategy that you either didn't know how to get around or were unable to execute properly.

In the end its still your failure for being unable to deal with it and you need to learn how
>>
QUIT!?!
>>
>>331551129
He's still beating you, and he's still better than you.

I'm good at smash, so when I play online against a shitter, I lower my play to make the match easier and start doing obvious options and spamming things that still work on said shitters. Better, cleaner win for me, and they get to learn a thing or two.

Or in your case, cry to 4chan and call the game shit.
>>
>>331552248
>I lower my play to make the match easier
I don't. Getting curbstomped online is often a good motivator to git gud and rethink how you play. Certainly works in my case at least.
>>
>>331548540
Here's some advice:

QUIT
>>
>>331552691
Lowing my play curbstomps them harder though, for Smash that is.

Depending on the char I'm playing against, I give them a certain level of respect relative to the better players I've faced. Good example would be Link. Playing a good Link? You better be on point with your shield and weave your way in, force him to the ledge and find your punish. Playing a bad Link? Just jump or dash attack right into him.
>>
Calm down, take the loss, forget win/loss exists. You'll impress more people by getting good and kicking their ass than you will showing off your 95% win rate.
>>
>>331548540
faggoooooooooooot
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.