[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the longest amount of time you've spent trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: you're not getting this.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
you're not getting this.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
What's the longest amount of time you've spent trying to get a certain item in a video game?
>>
I doubt it's the longest time but I recently had to farm 27 lagiacrus for a plate
>>
Rathalos ruby, it took 25 days to get 1.
>>
73 hours in a row with short breaks in Terraria, farming the rod of Discord alone.
>>
File: flinstone.png (205 KB, 1125x1418) Image search: [Google]
flinstone.png
205 KB, 1125x1418
Here's the obligatory flintstones screencap
>>
I probably spent about 40 hours getting all the materials for the Tournesol in FFXII.
>>
before they made the lumberjack shirt easy to get in runecape, i think i farmed for 2 weeks to get it
>>
About 30 Seregios for a dissenter and by the time I got it I didn't need it any more
>>
Technically like a year of ingame time to get the completionists cape in Runescape
>>
>>331530267
Around 30 minutes getting a Pure Bladestone

Apparently I got really lucky on that one
>>
>>331532012
>only a year to complete the game

RS3 really is easyscape
>>
>>331531775
This. So fucking much.
I still don't even have the damn thing, I finished the game and did the rest of the side Qs while farming for Tournesol but I eventually just gave up.
>>
>>331530267

I don't think I have ever spent a long amount of time trying to get something in a game except skill and the ending.

I don't have that kind of autism.
>>
A piece of armour in dark souls 2. Fuckin waste of life
>>
3 months of constant grinding in AB in vanilla WoW to get the Ironbark Staff.
>>
File: we just don't know.png (134 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.png
134 KB, 450x600
>Do double pinky quest
>Get two Rathian Mantles in the rewards box

I have four of these now and I have no idea on what to do with them
>>
I won a tournament to get a Pure Bladestone and my friend went 300 hours farming one.

I used a Tearing Uchigatana instead of sharp :^)
>>
>>331532160
>In-game time
Not sure about you but that's a long fucking time.
>>
2 months a few hours a day camping and gathering groups to get my Ragebringer for my rogue in EQ. No fucking guilds ever wanted help a rogue out.
>>
I am usually preety lucky when i comes to this stuff, I mean, I got the tank shield in WotLK ICC raid on the first raid with a roll of 5(the other guys rolled 2 and 4)
>>
Dragon's Dogma on 360, it took me 117 weapon level 3's to purify a blackwing bow for my magick archer alt.

Getting the cursed weapons wasn't too hard since by the time I got it I was max level from farming Daimon 2.0, but the 25k rift crystals for each purification is what fucked me for a while.
>>
File: Loque%2527nahak[1].jpg (235 KB, 1270x739) Image search: [Google]
Loque%2527nahak[1].jpg
235 KB, 1270x739
>gib 1000g or i kill it lololol :D

;_;
>>
Marlene's Ring in Vagrant Story, damn thing took like a month to drop, and this was after I raised my character enough that it stand up to the boss that has it.
>>
Probably the HR ingot armor in MH3U
>>
File: ShockConferenceCallyay.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ShockConferenceCallyay.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
Several hours over a few nights trying to get a 'Practicable Shock Conference Call' in Borderlands 2. The last boss has an almost guarnateed legendary drop, so I kept quitting to desktop and retrying until I got it.

Image isn't mine BTW.
>>
>>331534283
Fuck the game's level scaling

>Finally get legendary
>Made obsolete two levels later
>>
looking for a Jigglypuff at Mt Moon in Pokemon Blue...... took me like 45 minites to find 1!!!! . _.
>>
>>331530267
320 runs of beauty desire situation dire to get a pair of miser rings in castlevania harmony of despair.
At first it took me about half an hour to do the run. By the time i got my second ring, my time was 12 minutes.
So i spent a lot of time grinding for it.
>>
That aids flying mount in Wow that circled a area, and then had you do a minigame to get it, i forgot the name since i purged it from my memory but there was always people with more autism than me that could get it.
>>
>>331530267
I'd say farming baron rivendare in WoW for his mount, did it almost every day for a few months or so. Outside of MMO I would say yeah defo plates or gems in Monster hunter
>>
30 rathians trying to get a plate
I actually just gave up on it.
>>
The entirety of one's playing Castlevania HoD culminates in trying to get that one 5-star drop for your character that just never comes
>>
>>331535789
And no. After all those hours, I never got the Valmanway +1
>>
>>331535970
I'd give you the 3rd one i got if i could.
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mh4u on vita
>>
>>331534283
Was about to say this. I spent a good 10 hours just constantly killing The Warrior to get it.
>>
1400 hours and counting
>>
>>331530267
Pre-BC WoW, Alterac valley mount, jesus fucking christ I don't even know how long
>>
I spent about a week in Dragon's Dogma grinding for a Coat of Oblivion with max health regen. Amusingly enough, I only got it after I took a few days break from grinding to play other games.

I am a bit unsure if it was worth it.
>>
>>331530267
I spent a few days trying to get a Dragonite with it's HA in BW2. Prolly about 15 hours maybe

I've farmed for numerous shit in MH but nothing has really taken long to get except maybe a good relic weapon
>>
Currently attempting to get the ultima blade in KH 1.5
>>
File: KeepersChapel_sffrontshot.jpg (6 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
KeepersChapel_sffrontshot.jpg
6 KB, 200x150
>>331530267
3 hours making a guiding beacon inside a cathedral-factory filled with robots
>>
>>331538092
>I've farmed for numerous shit in MH but nothing has really taken long to get except maybe a good relic weapon

Same here, I've usually gotten what I've really wanted for weapons & armor in 4U within a handful of successful hunts.

Charms are another thing entirely though, and I'm not looking forward to the relic weapon hunts. Even though they can beat out crafted Greatswords, apparently it's an even bigger of a bitch to get something worthwhile still.
>>
>>331530267
82 weeks and counting for the Eye of Sulfuras from ragnaros
>>
~300 hours grinding for a pet drop in Runescape
>>
not me but i was helping a friend farm grank gravios for pallium to finish his HBG

we spent 3 evenings (fri-sat-sunday) 4-5 hours of nothing but murdering those niggers and he didnt get it till last day

i didnt even say anything after i got 4 in 2 quests on 2nd day
>>
>>331540368
At least it wasn't Black Gravios right?
>>
>>331530267

Chocobo's Paradise in FFIX took me quite awhile
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (32 KB, 450x312) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
32 KB, 450x312
2-3 hours of stealing from this thing and running away for an early Arcturus
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.