[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Salt and Sanctuary? I was pretty sceptical because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: salt.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
salt.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on Salt and Sanctuary? I was pretty sceptical because of the whole cashing on Dark Souls success meme, but the game actually looks surprisingly good from what I've seen. Anyone played it? Also PC release when
>>
It's okay. 6-7/10
>>
>>331527059
>PC release when

Middle of April
>>
>>331531578
Oh really, that would be nice. Got a source?
>>
>>331527059

while i hate to judge a game purely on its graphics, it looks like a fucking newgrounds.com game from the early 2000s.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>331531957
I'm a sucker for this grimdark artstyle I suppose, but I actually really like it
>>
It's good, but doesn't walk into "great" territory.

The exploration is rather limited, not a ton of optional content that Dark Souls games are famous for.

Boss fights are a chore because 2D really fucking limits the freedom you have.

Tons of build options is a plus, and there are a few small things that I wish were in Dark Souls games, such as the covenant leveling / converting system although it's still not done entirely well in this game.

Leveling feels like a chore because of the minimal increases and bonsues in the gigantic tree (it's really big but none of it is substantial at all).

I guess I don't regret my 18 euro investment but I'm not entirely satisfied either. The game drags on.
>>
If you like the idea of dark souls and castlevania coming together you'll like it
>>
>>331531578
>>331531872
They devs said in a stream that they're aiming for June for the PC and Vita versions.
>>
>>331531578
Right when Darksouls 3 releases? What's the point.
>>
>>331527059
Its alright, its art style is my biggest gripe. Enemies blend into the backround too much because there is no color palette besides grey/black. Everything looks the same.
>>
>tfw no one remembers The Dishwasher even though it was a gorillon times better because it didn't try to copy the hip stuff
>>
>>331532523
>Platform(s): Xbox 360 (XBLA)
this is why
>>
>>331527059
It's alright but I think it would've been better if it was more towards the Metroidvania spectrum than the souls one.
>>
>>331532315
>vita version
Nice. Do we have any info as to whether or not it's cross-buy?
>>
>>331527059
>pack of enemies does jumping grab attack
>they can chain grab you
Whoever designed this needs work
>>
>>331532758
Yep, already confirmed to be cross-buy.
>>
Love the ever fucking shit out of it. Fanboying hard here but it feels like castlevania can be saved. I hope bloodstained will be this good. Currently at the tree of men getting my ass kicked for hours on end.
>>
>>331532271
only thing dark souls games are known for is being unfinished
>>
>>331533156
know any other similar games?
>>
>>331533271
Sadly I don't, I guess the DS castlevanias come closest, although they're much easier.
>>
>>331533156
When I saw the name Tree of Men in the trophies I kind of expected an actual tree so you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this boss!
>>
Played a bit last night. The game looks like shit but from an art style and fidelity level. I was also very turned off by the movement. Something feels off about rolling but I was tired and hell while playing so that might be a big reason.
>>
>>331527059
Pretty decent but the hitboxes are fucking retarded, you get clipped by every end of the bosses in this game.
>>
Is it known yet what the boss candles represent?
>>
>>331533970
It's supposed to show how much people died to the boss recently.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.