[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not a big Zelda fan but I indulge in the games from time to time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: gc_83.jpg (2 MB, 3238x2141) Image search: [Google]
gc_83.jpg
2 MB, 3238x2141
Not a big Zelda fan but I indulge in the games from time to time.
Playing Twilight Princess GC on my Wii since HD released. That intro isn't as bad as I remembered.
In terms of ranking entries in the franchise, does this game stand up to the other games like LttP or OoT, or is it regarded as a poor Zelda entry?
>>
>>331503354

It's considered pretty bad by OoTfags but anyone who can get over OoT knows it's a pretty great game.
>>
The temples are all linear as fuck and ever boss is insultingly easy.
>>
>>331503354
Its alright, probably the most mature/real that a zelda game will get.

Playing Skyward Sword though and I think that it gets more hate than it deserves.
>>
>>331503354
Twilight Princess in particular seems to be pretty divisive.

Personally, I would take it over OoT.
>>
>>331505379
SS is the best 3D Zelda after OoT, and I'm an OoT nostalgiafag so that probably just means SS is the best 3D Zelda.
>>
File: 0-1.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0-1.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
It's several tiers below OoT and LoZ. And I would put it a tier below MM and ALttP.

But for its sheer content and the scope of how many things you can do and its in-depth lore, I would say its holds its own on the next tier if it were not for LA and Seasons. Arguably as good as TMC. Better than the Wind Waker. Better than Ages and Phantom Hourglass (though PH more nonlinear). Leagues better than any other Zelda.

7 or 8th best Zelda for sure.
>>
File: 001.jpg (2 MB, 940x1496) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
2 MB, 940x1496
>>331506671
Oh shoot I forgot Zelda II. Bump everything down a notch. For me.
OoT > LoZ > Zelda II > MM > ALttP > LA > Seasons > TP
>>
File: v2k1Tb2.jpg (683 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
v2k1Tb2.jpg
683 KB, 1920x1080
I'm a pretty big nintendo fag but even I know there's no point in buying TPHD when you can play it on pc for free in HD
>>
File: 1412299431468.jpg (189 KB, 870x591) Image search: [Google]
1412299431468.jpg
189 KB, 870x591
>>331505379
The only reason you think that is because of Other M syndrome. You've set the bar of your expectations so low that you can't tell how bad the game is objectively anymore.

Like if somebody was to watch Troll 2 after watching the documentary about it.

Try to imagine if you were not playing a Zelda game whether you would put up with the crap that SS is filled with.
>>
No one can really agree on TP. It does some things really well and other things really poorly, so it really comes down to what you personally think is most important in a Zelda game.

It was really poorly received at first because it was overhyped to an immense degree but I think emotions have calmed a bit. I'd probably put it somewhere in the middle. Doesn't touch the greats but it's far from a bad game.
>>
File: Ace_Attorney_Link_by_SebzB.png (90 KB, 503x377) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Attorney_Link_by_SebzB.png
90 KB, 503x377
>>331507006
>superior Gamepad controls
>Ghost Lantern
>Wolf dungeon
>Rollgoal on Gamepad with motion controls
>Mirror Mode Wii mode with normal controls

The last one is particularly nice, because even if you took out all the other things, it's the only way to play the reversed version of the game and all its idiosyncrasies like the Fishing Pond which could be its own game, with regular controls.

Only way you can IN ANY ZELDA GAME FOR THIS MATTER fight King Bulbos, Dark Nuts, Ganon, and Zant while having to check your sword-hand privilege to make sure you don't get hit. With normal controls.

Even in OoT3D, when you're playing Master Quest, it's more than just the double damage. You have to be strategic and swing right to catch a Stalfos on its left-side. The only way to stop one mid-jump attack.

I can't think of a video game with an instance of sword combat that involving outside of TP/OoT3D since MM barely has any, TWW is automated, and SS is a puzzle.
>>
>>331508082
>superior Gamepad controls
unnecessary
>Ghost Lantern
utterly worthless
>Wolf dungeon
a waste of time
>Rollgoal on Gamepad with motion controls
unnecessary
>Mirror Mode Wii mode with normal controls
unnecessary

Emulation is better because it has a better frame rate, better graphics, and it's free.
>>
>>331507223
Eh, I mean, I didn't like it at first and theres still some things about SS that I hate, but overall I felt like the controls grew on me, and the motion control support is much better than those of the Wii release of TP.

I would say that it has its problems but its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, certainly not perfect though.
>>
>>331508434
Says someone who will not get to experience it
Atheist:0 Scientologists:1
>>
>>331508697
It's not a bad game so everyone saying it's shit seems exaggerated, but I still personally found it very underwhelming. I'd still put it as the worst 3D console Zelda game. Motion controls aren't even the biggest problem with it.
>>
>>331508434
It's also illegal.
>>
>>331508936
Hmm, what would you say were the weak points of the game then?

The dungeons?
The pacing?
Fi?
>>
>>331509489
Knowing them they will complain about backtracking, despite it being there in large amounts since ocarina of time and maybe a link to the past
>>
>>331503354
Good idea (At least story/atmosphere wise) but shitty execution like everything Aonuma had his mitts on.
>>
>>331509489
Handholding was excessive, the world felt disjointed and generally not very interesting or fleshed out, they didn't do nearly enough with the origin story aspect or with new mechanics like item upgrading and stamina so it felt like a lot of potential went to waste, and the art direction felt really inconsistent. I could go into more nitpicky things but those are the big things that spring to mind immediately.
>>
>>331509709
Eh, my complaint would be that flying around felt redundant. Theres only so many islands that have something on it.

Its like WW except with only 8 islands to explore.
>>
>>331505379
>more hate than it deserves
The only hate that isn't deserved about that game was the swordplay, which was fine with the exception of the simon says-tier enemy AI when you get in a fight.. Everything else about the game just seems like a big joke. Don't try to tell me that I think this way because of the initial heat of the moment. I played the game twice, so that should be enough to understand the game.
>>
>>331508975
It isn't.
>>
>>331510692
>simon says
every time
You might as well just post, "I had no idea how to do the combat in this game."
>>
>>331510692
Main issue I had with combat was how overly effective the shield parrying was. It's so easy to pull off, does no damage to the shield, and just lets you totally ravage the enemy.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.