[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Splinter Cell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: scct.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
scct.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
>We’ve been fighting their dirty little wars our entire lives and where do we end up? Staring at each other down the barrels of our guns. Nothing has changed, Fisher, and it won’t change by degrees. We have to tear it down, and start over, it’s the only way.
>Your own little chaos theory, throw the world into war and hope that what comes out the other side is better?
>It will be better, because this war will change things, Sam. Every other war has been about keeping things the same, but the status quo doesn’t work anymore. America is sick Sam, she’s dying. Politicians, the bureaucrats, the whispered backroom deals, it's all life support for a sick old lady who was dead a long time ago.
>The only backroom deals I’ve seen lately were made by you. You’re a murderer, and a war criminal.
>Those are the only names the state has for the revolutionaries Sam. You only become a hero after the war is over. You know the truth; the world is built from the bottom up, not the other way around. Honour, courage, fidelity; we don’t inherit these things from the world, Sam, we build the world from them. I know you, you believe in these things more than any government, and I know because of it, you wouldn’t shoot an old friend.

Shetland did nothing wrong.
>>
>>331501217
No shit, he was the man. Felt bad to kill him.
>>
>press x
>put gun down
>the bastard raise's his gun up to shoot you
>sam knocks it up and stabs him
Never trust shetland
>>
SC was such a based series.

Played up untill chaos theory but am very reluctant to play the other newer ones.
Did buy conviction because it was 5 euros but sceptical about it.
>>
the literal second he said "wouldn't shoot" I was bracing to pull the trigger as soon as the game let me

shitscum deserves to die for making me 100% that fucking bathouse level
>>
>>331501936
Be honest, you wouldn't trust Sam either. Look at his track record and his liability (having a daughter.)
>>
>>331502175
Give Blacklist a try. It's basically a modernized Chaos Theory - a little shittier in some aspects, but a lot more polished.
>>
>>331502263
daughter i understand but track record?
what do you mean
>>
>>331502175
I unironically like conviction as a weird side thing. it's very focused on exactly what it wants to do, and I find it very enjoyable if I can judge it on its own terms instead of holding it up to games it's not trying to be like, as much as I may want another CT-tier game

blacklist is a "better" SC game, but the awkward attempt to do both styles at once rubs me even worse than conviction just unashamedly doing its own thing
>>
>>331502391
The dude's entire career is sneaking around, gathering information, and assassinating people. This, coupled with his connections and relationships with his handlers/support staff/commanding officers make him a very hard to trust person.
>>
Do youselves a favour and play double agent on the xboxHUEG, or ps2/gc if you don't have one. Its basically chaos theory 2, the levels aren't as good, but the gameplay, mechanics, and even Sam's attitude is just like CT.
>>
>>331502391
The dude's track record is him just killing people left and right. Doesn't matter what color, what nationality, what religion, doesn't matter if they have a family or if they were the one in the right.

That, and he knows a few tricks on how to spread misinformation.
>>
>>331502417
thanks, i'll give them a try keeping that in mind
>>
>got the PS2 versions of Splinter Cell 1, Chaos Theory, Pandora Tomorrow, and Double Agent, in a second hand shop a month or so ago
>Still haven't played any of them

Are they all good, or is there anything I should skip?
>>
>>331503237
you will not be able to go back to sc1 after playing pandora tomorrow because it's tons better

you will never ever be able to go back to either of them after playing chaos theory because it's 10x better than the first two combined

it's one of the best trilogies in video games, and ct is one of the best video games ever, period

double agent tries a lot of things and not many of them work very well. you might as well try it after the others if you have it
>>
>>331503237
I hated Double Agent but enjoyed the rest of those. Play them in release order and watch how the series progresses, it's good stuff.
>>
>>331503237
I'd say play the first two, but get Chaos Theory on PC. Shit runs on toasters and holds up in graphics very well, and I hear the PS2 version looks pretty bad.
>>
some music for the Seoul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsxhy_9iijg
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.