[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>20 years later >Still the best Mario RPG of them all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: SMRPG.jpg (63 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
SMRPG.jpg
63 KB, 300x210
>20 years later
>Still the best Mario RPG of them all
>>
its ugly as shit
>>
>>331497580
Paper Mario rpg is better.
>>
>>331497649
it seems to only look good on a CRT
>>
True. true. But that's mainly because all of the other Mario rpgs are terrible.
>>
>>331497580
Honestly I'm a huge SMRPG fag but I'd say at least TTYD tops it.
I wish we'd get an actual sequel but there's probably no company that could actually do it justice
>>
>>331498212
I'm surprise no one has done a full ROMhack of SMRPG yet.
>>
I skipped too many battles in SMRPG and got stuck at the cake boss. I didn't expect to have to grind, which is what doing all the encounters felt like to me.
>>
File: 1446861939210.png (86 KB, 268x309) Image search: [Google]
1446861939210.png
86 KB, 268x309
>>331497580
i am not a bir RPG fan.
but i enjoyed this game (and Front mission too) because the simple mechanics and good enemy/bosses

what other RPGs are like this?
>>
>>331498697
you don't really need to grind the cake boss, just pile up some healing maybe some defense items and just attack
>>
>>331498862
try out the other Mario RPGs stick to the first 2 Paper Mario games and Mario and Luigi series
You might like the Baten Kaitos games more than likely the prequel since the card battling system is simplified from the first game
>>
>>331499231
He should stay away from any Mario & Luigi past Bowser's Inside Story.
>>
>>331499546
might as well skip Partners in time altogether
>>
File: 34819851.png (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
34819851.png
32 KB, 500x500
>tfw all these Mario RPG fans keep saying that Square Enix should make a new Mario RPG when the entire team that made the original game are the ones who make the Mario and Luigi series now.
>>
>>331498697

>i skipped too many battles
>got stuck

It's entirely your fault then.

It's an rpg.

You are supposed to kill things and level up.
>>
>>331498862

No other "simple" rpg compares to SMRPG. The only game that comes close to it is Paper Mario.

Nothing else will be as good and still be "simple".
>>
so has Nintendo even bother uploading the official trailer of Color Splash yet on their own channel? Or are they still being pansies?
>>
>>331500156

I would consider pretty much all of the tried and true SNES rpgs as pretty simple. None of them really stands out as more or less complex than SMRPG in any meaningful sense.
>>
>>331500562
They haven't uploaded it yet, but keep in mind they didn't upload the Kirby Planet Robobot trailer either so I don't think it's because they're pussies.
>>
>>331500814
I don't know. The direct's website doesn't even have it as a highlight and Kirby was on there as a highlight.
>>
File: 1428475824038.png (51 KB, 230x198) Image search: [Google]
1428475824038.png
51 KB, 230x198
>>331501030
Right, I forgot about that. It needs to be E3 or some shit, I wanna see if they're gonna comment on the backlash like they did with Federation Force.
>>
>>331501289
It's sad, Federation Force could be a good game while we know Color Splash is going to be garbage
>>
>>331501289
it would be hilarious if they did. DESU it's amazing how they didn't even listen to a single feedback one bit about the backlash of the game.

Meanwhile Mario & Luigi team actually listened to the people complaining about the unskippable tutorials.
>>
Only one that comes close is Superstar Saga before Nintendo decided it didn't want a straight rpg Mario series anymore.

Fite me Fagets.
>>
>>331497580
i got your back bro, paper mario saga is good but this one is waaaaay better
>>
>>331501561
but you're right tho.
PiT was easy and short
BiS was full to the brim with backtracking and dumb minigames
DT was fucking trash in general
PJ was bland as fuck and as formulaic as they could get but:

>y-you can skip tutorials so that means it's good!!!!

Fuck off
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.