[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Notch the most successful game maker of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Is Notch the most successful game maker of all time?
>>
Define success.
>>
Does anyone even still care about minecraft?

Definitely the biggest shyster of all time.
>>
>>331495243

Acquiring fuck you money with the least amount of effort possible.
>>
>>331495243
loads a money
>>
>>331495059
He sure is the luckiest one.

>steal freeware sandbox game
>charge money to help beta test it
>release it unfinished
>cheat Microsoft into spending far more for your company than its worth
>retire a billionaire
>spend your time crying on social media how hard your life is
>>
>>331495327
Then no. Angry birds tops them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-the-owners-of-angry-birds-are-actually-worth-2012-2
>>
File: 1458532527862.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1458532527862.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>331495059
>not even a capitalist
IT'S NOT FAIR! THE REPUBLICANS TOLD ME I WOULD BE RICH ONE DAY
>>
/v/ helped him make minecraft. There I fucking said it. He came to us pre alpha an during alpha and continued asking for our feedback.

WE MADE MINECRAFT.
>>
>>331495327
>>331495330
He made money, but he did not succeed. He is still unhappy.
>>
>>331495326
It's pretty much the only game that the 12 and under crowd plays, alongside CoD and LoL. It's actually still hugely popular, with shitty merchandise flying off retail shelves everywhere.
>>
>>331495460
what, are you proud of this? it's your fault
>>
>>331495558
Hes nihilistic he will never be happy
>>
>>331495668
Aahhh yes, the perks of being a liberal, of course.
>>
>>331495558
Yes because as it turns out, money really can't buy happiness when you have to sacrifice friendships to get it.
>>
i think its funny he literally stole the infiniminer source code, hacked/modded it a bit (without knowing java) and ended up a billionaire.

The guy who made infiniminer is still working for a living.
>>
Success is not measured in wealth.
Notch's greatest achievement was making minecraft. And holy shit, its a pretty big one. He made approximately 1 bazillion fuckloads of money off of it. There is no way he can top it. He knows that he hit the climax and its all downhill from here. With that 1 bazzillions fuckloads of dollars, theres no reason for him to ever work another day in his life. He has nothing to aspire to and nothing to live for besides autistic 9 year olds. One time, I saw to kids on the side walk with their arms crossed an saying they were "villagers". One of them was wearing a helmet, but had no bike. This is Notches legacy. He did not succeed
>>
>>331495843
cocaine is neurochemically identical to happiness.
>>
>A poorly coded game ends up being one of the best selling games of all time

It's such bullshit
>>
>>331495647
No, I am ashamed.
>>
>>331496018

Fame, wealth, people given fun and enjoyment, all for what is comparably low effort.
>>
>>331496287
look at legos
they are arugably clunkly, take up a rather large space and never quite fit in the original container.
But
They were a pastime for kids who didn't have anyone to play with them because their parents were either working, sleeping, or watching tv
Now
You have kids who don't even play outside anymore all they know is tv and internet and they play minecraft since its basically legos while their parents are either working, sleeping, or playing on their phones
>>
>>331498452
True story. At work the other day a couple came in to eat with their child. As soon as we sat them at their table both parents started talking to each other or looked/played on their phones almost completely ignoring the child, minus the occasional grunt or "huh yeah" aimed his way. After the food was delivered the child final pulled out his own phone (kid was probably 6-7) and started watching a LP of minecraft and started conversing with the LPer like they were friends.

A lot of time on /v/ I see people bitch about how kids shouldn't have phones this young, or how creepy/weird it is that they watch/talk to LPers. I think it says more about the parents than the child. How many kids watch/talk to LPers on youtube because that's the only major social interaction they get at home?
>>
>>331495059
He's certainly one of the sexiest. I would just that bear any day man.
>>
>>331495326
Can't wait for minecraft VR.
>>
>>331498963
>pulled out his own phone (kid was probably 6-7) and started watching a LP of minecraft and started conversing with the LPer like they were friends.

Christ that's depressing.
>>
>>331498963
>How many kids watch/talk to LPers on youtube because that's the only major social interaction they get at home?
One? The one you saw. Honestly it isn't unusual for kids to do weird things like this. They are just kids.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.