[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was wondering when the dev team would throw up their hands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].jpg (324 KB, 1472x828) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
324 KB, 1472x828
I was wondering when the dev team would throw up their hands and say "fuck it we give up just give it a OHK ground pound". But I guess it's fair since the last boss was a joke. I didn't think it was possible for "beast that tore off it's skin" to look stupid and hilarious but they managed it. And hey, the boss didn't commit suicide as soon as I looked at it so that's progress.

Also they reused the cleric beast theme for this boss, didn't they? And why'd they even spend time making a transformation scene if we're not going to see the transformation? No thought was put into this shit. Even it's design is bland, the same wolf we've seen since the very beginning of the game, only now it's white with awkward hair animation and is wearing a pair of panties as a blindfold. I need to move to Japan and become a concept artist looks like they'll give any loser a job.
>>
File: amelia.gif (548 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
amelia.gif
548 KB, 400x302
How much did you spend on your PS4?

Is Bloodborne your only game?
>>
>>331491447
I got the Last of Us bundle about a year ago. Got a bunch of great games, Transformers, Shadow Warrior, Evil Within, Until Dawn, Metro Redux, Second Son, Shadow of Mordor, DMC4, my darling MKX, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, etc. All of which are way better than Bloodborne. Mostly I just grab shit on sale.
>>
File: 1457774516952.png (36 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457774516952.png
36 KB, 321x322
>>331491251
>>
>>331492063
that's smart
I hope you didn't drop too much money if you're not enjoying this
>>
>>331492260
oh no it's the maymay brigade

respond to all criticism with maymays
>>
>>331491251
>the same wolf we've seen since the very beginning of the game
What wolf?
>>
>>331492531
What criticism? I never even played the game, I just find the creature in that pic extremely fuckable
>>
File: Bloodborne-LIVE[1].jpg (47 KB, 457x257) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-LIVE[1].jpg
47 KB, 457x257
>>331492645
pic related. some intern came up with that sketch and the other devs decided to build an entire game around it

>>331492741
Go for it, it'll tear your dick off and stop you from reproducing. everyone wins.
>>
also I love how the fog doesn't extend all the way to the ceiling of the church. no thought was put into any aspect of this boss fight it's so great
>>
>>331493163
That wolf creature is hot too
>>
>>331493518
If you're trying to shock me by being a degenerate, don't bother. You're a soulsfag. There's nothing more degenerate than that.
>>
I swear the bad camera in this game is way worse than any boss. For fuck's sake why would you make it so that locking on to the boss points the camera UP? I can't see the fucking floor so I don't know how far away I am. Then a candlestick gets in the way of the camera and I'm completely blind. Holy fucking shit, I heard people complain about the camera in Revengeance but that is NOTHING compared to this garbage. Holy fucking shit.
>>
And every one of her moves has a huge hitbox, impossible to dodge. Parrying is as useful as it always is, which is never. Only way to avoid is to stay right up her asshole where you don't have a usable camera. Fantastic design.
>>
>>331497531
>And every one of her moves has a huge hitbox, impossible to dodge.
Oh, come on. Amelia is one of the easiest bosses in the game to dodge. The one move that's tough to dodge (her back kick when you're behind her) does very little damage.
>>
You know what? I think I'm done. I wanted to see how bad this game got, but it's no longer the "laugh at this awful shit" bad, it's the "too boring to even get angry at" bad. I decided to summon Ye Olde Huntard Henriettamarysuewhoever to cheese through this shit boss and ended up wasting an insight because I got tagged by one of those unstaggerable mask cunts and couldn't roll when I stood back up. Just stood there taking hits while mashing the roll button.

This game is bad. It is terrible. It is an insult to every tenet of good game design. The parry doesn't work. The roll doesn't work. The camera doesn't work. The lock-on doesn't work. Throwing items doesn't work. AI pathing doesn't work. These are bugs. This is a buggy game that relies on it's bugs to have some semblance of difficulty. Everyone who made it is bad at making games. I'm uninstalling now because I've got games to play that are actually fun and don't have game-breaking bugs. Like The Evil Within, which is a buggy and glitchy mess, but those bugs don't affect the gameplay. I've never been completely blinded when playing that game, or have my inputs simply not work, or had a mini boss jump off a building because of bad pathing. I hope that the rest of you someday look back and realize what a bad game this is and put it behind you. In the meantime I'll do my best to tell everyone not to fall for the memes and reviews by people who have never played the game.

2/10 not going to play again. And those two points are given to level and visual design. Nothing in the actual gameplay is fun or interesting, and it quickly turns into utter trash.
>>
>>331498608
Try quitting when you are currently not frustrated from all the times you have died to the same boss. It kind of makes you look like a puss.
>>
>>331497774
Nope. Claw swipe attacks hit at least 270 degrees and can't be dodged through. And they do about half my health. And I'm pretty sure I'm overlevelled. Then she stands still for five hours while I spam charge attacks on her asshole. Is this supposed to be fun? Interesting? The shit I took earlier was a more complex and dynamic struggle than this.
>>
>>331498728
I'm not even frustrated though. I'm just... empty. I got mad at BSB because of the bullshit charge that deactivated the broken lock-on system. I got mad at tower gun man when he decided to kill himself for no reason. This boss is so cheap and boring to fight that it's not maddening. It's just boring.

The worst part is that apparently this game is more fast and dynamic than Souls. I don't even want to know how dull those games must be.
>>
>>331491251
You can draw up the most crazy retarded shit you want, but without someone to put that concept together, you're still shit out of luck. Just sayin.
>>
>>331499213
You're totally right. That's the real problem with the art in this game. It's cool, but it's just a bunch of cool designs that have nothing to do with anything. Why the fuck are there masked giants with staffs and a lantern? Why is the church dude a deformed mass of flesh? What the fuck is with the weird monkeys who have bags on their head? "Fuck you, player! How dare you want a coherent narrative or setting bound by some degree of logic! We can just increase difficulty by adding an input delay to the roll and pass all this trash off as art because it's hard!"
>>
>>331498608
that's too bad. I hope you didn't waste too much money on this.

Its probably frustrating to hear people praising this game, and then for your experience to be so much worse.
>>
>>331499883
I think it was like 15$? Not too bad. And at least I know, and I can shut up mouthbreathers who suck from's dick.
>>
>>331500124
That's a positive way of looking at it. It's always valuable to have diverse viewpoints.

With your experience added to the mix, people will be able to make more informed decisions about this game.
>>
>>331491447

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nR_4F1anI
>>
>>331495831
JUST FUCKING UNLOCK THE CAMERA JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>331498806
you are honestly just bad, the salt is visible in every word
>>
>>331502054
that's a pretty baesless accusation

do you always try to invalidate people when they disagree with your opinions about video games
>>
>>331502854
you give me plenty of ammunition with your anecdote on the game.

>Nope. Claw swipe attacks hit at least 270 degrees and can't be dodged through

Just dodge backwards? Also Amelia is one of the easier bosses to dodge just look up some youtube videos.

>And they do about half my health. And I'm pretty sure I'm overlevelled

If you level to high too fast monsters scale with you, maybe you would find it easier if you didn't grind.
>>
File: 1457971575611.jpg (286 KB, 1188x990) Image search: [Google]
1457971575611.jpg
286 KB, 1188x990
>its a lets pretend that Bloodborne has bad bosses thread
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.