[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGS thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_Integral.png (220 KB, 368x350) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_Integral.png
220 KB, 368x350
so which one is the best version of MGS
>>
>>331489915
>tfw when have only played MGS3, PO, PW (on PSP) and GZ

Should I buy the legacy game for the PS3 and play through 1 and 2 before I buy TPP? Or should I play TPP and then go to 1 and 2. As it stands now I've been following the chronological track, and I sort of like that idea. On the other hand I know we're "supposed" to play the games in release order.

Help me out here fellas.
>>
PSOne.
>>
>>331490125
release order /thread
>>
>>331490336
So what's the best way to play 1 and 2? Buy the Legacy collection for the PS3?

Is PW really a lot better on the PS3? I loved it on the PSP so I'm not sure if I want to give it another play through (plus I can play it right now if I wanted). Is there a lot of extras added?
>>
What is the diference between integral an the ps1?
>>
>>331490730
It's essentially the re-release version that the other MGS games got (Substance/Subsistence) only it was never released in the US. From what I understand, it is the original game + VR missions + super easy mode + first person mode and a few extra costumes.
>>
>>331490703
play 1 and 2 like normal and the ps3 becasue controllers
>>
>>331490703
>So what's the best way to play 1 and 2? Buy the Legacy collection for the PS3?

That's is good as any of the HD ports

>Is PW really a lot better on the PS3? I loved it on the PSP so I'm not sure if I want to give it another play through (plus I can play it right now if I wanted). Is there a lot of extras added?

It's HD and you can use a full size controller. I don't think there are any extras
>>
mgsv is the only good metal gear
>>
>>331490336
Definitely this, you could argue that 3 is better than 2 but I think release order is the best way to look at it
>>
>>331490703
the legacy collection is the best version of all the games. buy that. Yes the ps3 version of peacewalker is better but you don't really need to bother playing it again. MGSV is essentially a way way better AAA version of peacewalker anyway
>>
>>331489915
Twin Snakes
>>
>>331491594
and pw on psp runs at 20 fps and 60 on ps3
>>
This is just my personal opinion
1. MGS
Reason: the story is great (not the best) and pretty straightforward, it doesn't try to complicate anything. And the gameplay is the best one in the entire series, very simple controls and doesn't let you choose tons of weapons and equipments unlike their sequels.

2. MGS3
Reason: best story in the series. The gameplay is rather unimpressive because camouflaging and crawling are big part of the game but still very playeable. And applying yourself with medicine is neat. Quite possibly has the final act for any game ever. Once you fight Volgin and Ocelot is watching, from here on out, it's boss fight after boss fight after boss and after boss fight and the final boss fight against the Boss. It's really one of the best way to end a game, the cinematics between all of this is the cherry on top.

3. MGS2
Reason: I feel like Kojima hit his peak with his cinematic vision with MGS2, not to say the metal gear games weren't cinematic anymore after it but in terms of directing cutscene, MGS2 has the best direction in the series (just my opinion). The mechanics are a lot more complex than MGS but you can get used to it. Being on cover and then trying to aim on first person is a bitch though. Boss fights are the worse in the series, far too easy in my opinion, none of them stood out. The Emma Emmerich arc is one of the best arc in the series.

4. MGS4
Reason: it's a tribute to every metal gear game that had released since then. It's all what it really is more than anything else. Second worse boss fights in the series, Screaming Mantis and the metal gear fight against Liquid Ocelot are the only good boss fights in the game. Overrated final boss fight (although it was a great tribute to the ps1 mgs final boss fight) and even more overrated ending. It wasn't sad at all, that Old Snake and Big Boss meeting got dragged on too long, way too fucking long to the point it got boring. Access to any weapon is what killed the gameplay of this game
>>
>>331492378
I hit character limit so I'm continuing on my next post
>>
>>331492378
5. MGS5 GZ and TPP (putting them together)
Reason: gameplay mechanics never felt so right but i'm just complimenting its controls. I was never fan of this game's core gameplay. Going on a mission solo was always metal gear's most important aspect. D Dog, Quiet, D Horse all made things too easy in my opinion and the fact that your binocular could made you see through made things even more easier. Unfinished story mess. Boss fights were disappointing. Didn't do anything new, just an upgraded version of MGS peace walker.

6. MGS peace walker
Reason: not a great game. Very hard to pick it up after you finished every game from the series (knowing you played by release order of course). Worst gameplay in the series, no crawling or first person view but set the way what The Phantom Pain would become. PW introduced fulton, building a mother base, sending soldiers on missions, have classes in your mother base (your soldiers, your intels, your food, your medics, etc.), story just has layers on layers on them, it's frustrating. Worse game in the series

Never played Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, even though I can play them because I have the legacy collection
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.