[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A rather common criticism I see of Sonic Heroes is that the levels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Sonic Heroes.png (734 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Heroes.png
734 KB, 500x375
A rather common criticism I see of Sonic Heroes is that the levels overstay their welcome, as some of them can last for 10 minutes, or even 20 minutes if you're new or bad.

Explain this. Why is this bad? Why would you want less content?

Personally I feel unsatisfied after playing a 3-4 minute level, 10-15 is the ideal length in my opinion.
>>
10 minutes you have to do 4 times
>>
>>331488637
most arguments about 3D Sonic are fucking retarded anyway.
>>
TRY GOING DOWN THERE
>>
>>331488637
It's not necessarily time by itself, it's the fact that you have to replay the same stage four time, and a lot of the length is taken up by padding via health bar enemies.
>>
>>331488637
What about the fact there was even less plat forming than the the first two 3D games, or that combat sections are highlighted even though it's just spamming knuckers punch or Sanics homing attack.
>>
>>331488637
I didn't have a problem with the stages' length, I had problem with the stages being re-used for every campaign.

Though all in all I didn't hate Heroes.
>>
>>331488637
Having to beat a game on easy, normal, and hard (and I guess treasure hunt mode) to unlock the ending is stupid.

That was the big issue. The idea of making each team a different difficulty was kinda smart, making it so you had to do them all was stupid. If you start with team dark for instance, then team sonic and team rose is all the more boring.
>>
Same level 4 times AND they're different lengths of level. Rose, Chaotix, Hero (?), and then Dark in order of length. But yeah, even then, they weren't fun.
>>
Because a lot of that time is spent with boring as fuck battles against robots.
>>
>>331488637
>play team Chaotix cuz I like the edgy Espio
>they're too slow to catch any emeralds

Every time.
Sonic's team can catch a chaos emerald fast.
I guess Espio and them are a bunch of slowpokes
>>
>>331488637
Ever hear of the term "wearing out your welcome"?
Some things just drag on for too long and can get repetitive.
>>
>>331488637
Quality over quantity, anon. Also this >>331490768
>>
why do you feel like you have to rush to the end of the game asap?
>>
>>331488637
>decide to replay
>download iso
>boot it up
>pick Team Chaotix
>first mission is a fucking FETCH QUEST
>need to collect 10 fucking crabs
>can't find shit
>the wonky as movement throws me into the water
>die
>close emulator

Wow that was fun.
>>
>>331493264
It's Sonic

>>331494039
Stay mad and bad
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.