[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is your opinion on season passes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: seasonpass.jpg (28 KB, 490x219) Image search: [Google]
seasonpass.jpg
28 KB, 490x219
what is your opinion on season passes?
>>
File: jew who is that pokemon.jpg (21 KB, 519x576) Image search: [Google]
jew who is that pokemon.jpg
21 KB, 519x576
great addition to videogames
>>
I do not buy them.
>>
It's fine if it actually ends up costing less in the long run than the dlc themselves.

If it doesn't then what's the fucking point?
>>
>>331471196
This. If a game has a season pass I will buy it at half price, season pass included. Normally I will not even use that shit content, but there's a principle. I will not buy an incomplete game.
>>
File: ishiggy-diggy-do.jpg (91 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
ishiggy-diggy-do.jpg
91 KB, 500x440
>>331470907
>paying money for an I.O.U. from the developer
>>
Depends if the game is feature complete
If the DLC in question is coming out extremely close to when the game itself came out, then eat a dick
>>
>>331470907
a scam. the only video games you should be purchasing are the final editions that include all the fixes and DLC included.

Who fucking cares if you have to wait and who fucking cares if you are the first person to beat it?
>>
>>331470907
Spend money for the rest of the fucking game
>BATTLEFRONT
2007 was the year optimization died.
>>
I don't purchase things when I have no idea of what it is I am purchasing.
>>
Season Pass announcement before the game is released means one of three things:

1) Ignore game immediately
2) Wait for the """Game of the Year""" Edition
3) Plunder it
>>
File: 1457991851080.png (74 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1457991851080.png
74 KB, 200x250
>Pay 60 burgers for DIGITAL PRE-ORDER NOW WITH EXTRA SHIT WE CUT OUT TO MAKE YOU PRE-ORDER
>Pay 20+ burgers more for a thing that doesn't exist yet
Legit
>>
>>331471716
£80 and you'll get some stuff. No fixed amount. It might be stuff you like. The base game has no content.

Battlefront was basically every modern online game.
>>
>>331472113
Battlefront was worse than that. It was a fucking tech demo. They couldn't have blown all their budget on fucking graphics and sound design? Is the season pass the key to more fucking game?
>>
I have never been disappointed in fromsoft's dlc for the souls games, even then I wouldn't buy them as a season pass.
>>
>>331473108
Paying for a promise of future shit is retarded no matter how good the dev is
>>
B-but muh CS:GO and TF2 passes give me money because of the skins
>>
Disgusting. Buy the game twice so you get an undefined amount of content over the next 12 months that you may or may not deem worthy of your money
>>
>>331473205
Exactly. Why pay up front before it comes out even if you know you'll buy it anyway.
>>
File: 1424039800552.png (87 KB, 165x244) Image search: [Google]
1424039800552.png
87 KB, 165x244
>mfw never buy DLC or passes or preorder

saved hundreds of dollarydoos and if i like the game the DLC is always 75% off within 6 months

youd have to be a real fucking moron to pay what they ask for cut content.
>>
>tfw i bought dark souls 3 season pass

i mean, id end up getting the dlc anyway, but shit

i dont have enough self-control to stay off the internet for long enough to not get games spoiled between release and when the """""""""game of the year""""""""" edition comes out
>>
They stress me out. Fucking Batman went on for like 6 months and I was afraid I'd miss something if I wasn't checking every week. By the time the last part came out I forgot how to play.
>>
Buy them for $8 from an amazon sale years later
>>
>>331470907
I usually get them at a discount. Even then, it needs to be pretty robust to even be considered for purchase. I do appreciate that some devs are using them to create old school expansion packs.
>>
>>331470907
Most games I buy 6-12 months after release during a decent steam sale. For the very, very few games I buy at launch (read 1 or 2 at most per year)I have no issue with a season pass.
>>
File: 88oLNLd.jpg (202 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
88oLNLd.jpg
202 KB, 1500x1500
>>331470907
From a consumer point of view, sure it's a shit deal no doubt. But from the devs point of view, it sells more and keeps players in the game for longer.
>well I bought the season pass for this shit, might as well play it out
I've never bought one myself but it's business. If season pass games released with all the content included, people will play everything and drop the game in way less time than having little by little released over time.
>>
File: 1426088951655.png (269 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
1426088951655.png
269 KB, 538x538
>people tell me season passes are a good deal because they promise you tons of future DLC
>mfw Evolve
>>
>>331474595
What kind of retards do you associate with, anon?
>>
>>331470907

Show me the DLC before I buy.
>>
>>331474695

Normies, anon.
>>
>>331470907
They created
>destiny
>battlefront
>COD
>microtransactions
>gaming monopolies

I dont know if people are aware of this but the battlefront expansion only unlocks 2 maps on planets you already have and 2 heros all the rest of the shit is being released for free at the same time with a patch to the base game and the dlc costs 15 dollars. Its a scam to give everybody the contrlent but trick season pass buyers into thinking they're getting a ton of content. Eventually the maps will be added to standard rotation because there's not enough players for them to splinter off they're groups. So more or less you're paying 15 bucks for Greedo and Nemnub or whatever the fuck his name is and they already had the models for those characters so lets be really honest you're paying 15 bucks for 6 skills.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.