[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's a link to Derek Yu's new book about Spelunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: spelunky.jpg (348 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
spelunky.jpg
348 KB, 1024x1024
Here's a link to Derek Yu's new book about Spelunky: http://tempsend.com/1EB88F9D4C/9997/Spelunky%20%20Derek%20Yu.pdf

You're welcome.
>>
>>331468724
Who the fuck is Derek Yu?
Why should I care?
>>
>>331470646

He made the game.
>>
>>331470881

He also runs TIGSource.
>>
>>331468724
It's a great game, I was actually playing it the other night.

But why does it need a book?
>>
>>331471190

The book is about the development process. It literally came out about an hour ago, so I haven't read it yet and can't give more specifics. You could just click on the link and read the table of contents, if you're curious what's there.

You're under no obligation to care about it, but enough people did to kickstart the Boss Fight Books project it's part of.
>>
>>331471190
Same reason games had guide books.

I miss those the days where games had them, they were filled with neat art and made for great bathroom reading material.
>>
>>331468724
I was actually interested in this, so thanks.
>>
>>331472127

Yay! You're welcome.

If you like it, and you can afford it, buy a friend a copy of Spelunky, or get yourself some other books from Boss Fight. They're all great people who deserve your money :D
>>
>So pathetic you're begging people to pirate your book

Fuck off Derek Yu.
>>
>>331473087

dang, you got me.
>>
File: LET'S GO AWAY.png (269 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
LET'S GO AWAY.png
269 KB, 400x367
>>331468724
Thanks, I love Derek. Just wish he didn't allow the retarded mods to run the TIGsource forums into the ground.

If I like it I'll buy it later.
>>
>>331471570
A book about the development process... now THAT'S something nice.
>>
>>331472318
>Boss Fight
They published Burch's book
>>
>>331471178
you misspelled pigscene
>>
>>331474224
What the fuck happened to podunkian
>>
>>331474134

putting aside the highly questionable validity of your grievances against this other person, do you have ANY idea how idiotic your implied argument here is?

Name any book you've ever liked, and I 100% promise I can tie its publisher to someone you hate.

You're not uncovering a vast conspiracy, you're just acting like little Jimmy telling little Bobby he can't come to his birthday party because he still eats with little Jenny after she told teacher on you for pulling down her skirt.
>>
Looks like a bunch of it is about the remake and networking and shit. Oh well.

Why isn't Derek Yu making another game?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.