[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Borderlands 2 game of the year worth $10? Felt like the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 5da15e_5832271.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5da15e_5832271.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
Is Borderlands 2 game of the year worth $10?

Felt like the first one was an alright time sink when I played it a while back, and the humor was just sort of meh.

Is it worth it?
>>
2 updates most of the mechanics and has more of a story to it, but the guns system is fucking awful in comparison to 1's.
>>
I loved 1 but couldn't stand any of the gameplay or characters of 2
>>
>borderlands 2
>game of any year
>>
>>331466058
No, perhaps if they pay you $10.
>>
>>331466476
The story of one was basically nothing, wasn't it?

What, is there now more of a mystery to why you want to open the vault?
>>
>>331466058
Guns are shit and boring in 2, don't bother.
Just play through 1 again.
>>
its a timesink.
beware that the loot system is tedious and the enemies are bullet sponges
>>
>>331466058
Yeah sure, just don't fucking touch Pre-Sequel.
>>
Borderlands 1 is objectively a terrible game.

2 and the Pre-Sequel are better in every way.
>>
>>331466058
>game of the year
Is that seriously what they called the game+dlc?
>>
>>331468173
You got it backwards, anon.
>>
>>331467876
You also need to beat the game 3 times before you have any chance of good loot.

The problem is it feels like a waste of time as you play, even with friends.
>>
>>331468265
That's what publishers have been calling game+DLC bundles for years now.
>>
Guns suck and loot can be a bitch. A bit memey, but mot quite as bad as /v/ complains about. Okay story,l and slag guns are a pain in the ass , gimmick, but skill trees are fun to explore. Not a 10/10 but not the worst.
>>
>>331468272
Nah, Borderlands 1 guns feel like shit, the story is non-existant, the enemies are boring brain-dead bullet sponges and the game is just not entertaining to play.
>>
>>331466058

The game has extreme level/damage scaling issues, some guns are fun, like the 6 barrelled explosive shotguns, enemy variety is good and my favorite thing about it is being able to swap out your entire skillset whenever you ffind good equipment, that part kept me playing qiute a bit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.