[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vive's TiltBrush BTFO!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: psvr.jpg (121 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
psvr.jpg
121 KB, 800x569
Dreams VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVj9UngaJXc

But seriously, seems like you can actually do something salvageable from modeling in Dreams and export the models to PC to create skeletons, make retopology and use them in games or 3D print them

Seems like casual Zbrush but with similar end results (hard surfaces like Mechs can be made)

Not only is this the ultimate MarioMaker/LBP type of game but it could also have some usefulness for 3D artists or even 2D artists
>>
>>331448464
shitposting aside this actuary looks pretty neat
>>
can you stop posting this garbage

thx

engineers all around the world are already using vive

nobody will use this chinese ripoff for professional stuff
>>
>>331448464
Mm has been releasing weekly Dreams modeling videos on their Youtube channel since Paris Game Show.
Where have you been?
>>
>>331449729
>chinese ripoff

Sony is a Japanese company.
HTC is Chinese/Taiwanese company.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (385 KB, 2114x1272) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
385 KB, 2114x1272
>>331449729
>engineers all around the world are already using vive
Sure, but there is no benefit to it. The tools are the same. It's using Unity in VR, or Zbrush clones like TiltBrush in VR, but there isn't a significant time reduction.

In dreams you don't worry at all about topology (even in more freeform programs like Zbrush you need to follow some rules). The guy made a 3D level of that quality with events in a couple of days, with 100% new assets. Of course games themselves won't translate to real world applications but the modeling aspect is the fastest and best I've seen of this kind. TiltBrush doesn't even come close
>>
This is pretty cool. I kindof hope they release non-game creative stuff like this for free with the headset, like how tiltbrush is free for the Vive.
>>
>>331450896
In case you haven't noticed TiltBrush is a drawing application
>>
>>331450896
>unity

ayy
>>
>>331448464
Dreams looks amazing, I hope the music making tools are as robust as the modeling ones.
>>
File: Zspheres.jpg (472 KB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
Zspheres.jpg
472 KB, 2880x1620
>>331451214
and a bad one at that.
It's like the begginings of Zbrush's transition from 2D to 3D.

It's actual 3D modeling but with a crappy looking default "artistic" brush with no depth to the strokes and some horrible optional blinding neon-effects on the side

From what I've seen everyone tries to make 3D modeling in TiltBrush and fails horribly. They need to draw strokes on top of one another to create the illusion of an actual 3D solid object. As an artist I have no interest in it, just seems like a shitty mix of photoshop and zbrush with no real life applications whatsoever outside of taking a screenshot or uploading a video to youtube of your shitty looking creation.

On the other hand Dreams might honestly substitute Zbrush for concept art or sketching a model. It's quicker and easier with the same end-result (downside being it'll be missing on very specific Zbrush tools and add-ons) but unlike TiltBrush you can actually export usable .obj files out of it

>>331451331
exactly. No one will actually use Unity VR in an effective manner outside of the last polishing phase for VR games, like quickly checking how the scale is. From the videos I've seen devs say it's a 2 person job. One in VR giving feedback about scale to the one actually working in Unity on a flat screen.

Every development program is too complex for VR usage. So Dream undercuts them by making something simple but still with real world applications. Copy/Pasting a program to VR simply doesn't work in a useful manner, it'll always be quicker require less effort to do the bulk of development on a flat screen with M&K
>>
>>331448464
As always with Media Molecule.
The art direction is insanely good.
The game will be shit.

What a waste of talents and money Sony, keep it together...
>>
>>331448464
remember when Red vs Blue was a thing?
now we just have talking facecams on youtube
>>
>>331448464
is there any aa or aaa games coming to these things or is it all indy trash like golem
>>
>>331453361
But lbp was a good game
>>
>>331448464
>kinda funny plays

consider suicide
>>
File: Driveclub.webm (2 MB, 720x640) Image search: [Google]
Driveclub.webm
2 MB, 720x640
>>331454173
I don't follow them, just happened to open a link with that video.

>>331453868
Yes. Battlefront will have a VR mode exclusive to PSVR, we have yet to know if it's the full game or a side thing.
However GranTursimoSport, BattleZone, RIGS, AceCombat7, Driveclub and well as multiplats like EVE Valkyrie are some of the full AAA/AA games for PSVR.
You also have interesting or fun indies that aren't just 5 minute long fire-and-forget trash. Like 100ftRobotGolf (gives me EDF vibes)
There are strange cases that may be shit or fun like DoAX3 VR and Tekken7 VR, take these with a grain of salt.

Out of the 3, Sony is the one most probable to be able to twist the hands of big publishers and developers like they already did with EA and DICE. If if any HDM is getting AAA's in the future It'll be PSVR primarily. This last point is only my own speculation, of course.

>>331453361
I don't see how LBP games are any worse than MarioMaker for example. At least when it comes to sharing and not outright deleting random levels It's much better.
Although I'm more interested in the real life workflow applications of Dreams than the game proper, personally. Can't wait to do concept art in it or 3D print models (you could make W40k custom units or something. quicker and more easily than you could right now)
>>
>>331450354
I'll check them out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.