[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamecube Must-Play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: windwakins.jpg (57 KB, 626x590) Image search: [Google]
windwakins.jpg
57 KB, 626x590
Finally got into Dolphin when my Gamecube stopped booting discs. What games are worth playing? What have you guys played? I can rip my own games but I'm wondering what's worth the trouble. I've been having a blast with Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.

Also general Gamecube love thread
>>
>>331446768
>There will never be another good Custom Robo
>>
Twin Snakes
>>
>>331446768
Killer7
Resident Evil4
>>
>>331446768
First two Super Monkey Ball games are amazing but hard as fuck on later levels.

Paper Mario TTYD is always good but it has some flaws (namely the amount of dialogue but that's only a problem on repeat playthroughs)

Custom Robo is also solid

Resident Evil 4 is best on GC

Viewtiful Joe

Also Twilight Princess is much more impressive as a Gamecube title.
>>
File: IMG_2955.jpg (122 KB, 440x417) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2955.jpg
122 KB, 440x417
>>331447030
I do own it, wasn't sure how it would run in Dolphin but I'll give it a shot
>>
>>331447243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjYxTjpCwzw

amazing
>>
Chibi-Robo is a masterpiece
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln7MBdwH3SM
>>
Custom Robo and Eternal Darkness are both at the top of the "must play" list.

If you can't enjoy either of those, don't consider suicide. It should already have happened long ago, so being the worthless piece of shit you are and you have failed to kill yourself long ago when you should have, just continue on with your daily worthless life, the cosmos will sort your retarded ass out since you can't even figure out the simplest of tasks such as killing yourself.

But no really, Eternal Darkness and Custom Robo are excellent.
>>
>>331447278
Never finished Twilight Princess when I owned it on Wii.

I've heard great things about Custom Robo, is it fairly accessible? I always assumed it was like Armored Core, and I'm honestly too dumb for that kind of thing.
>>
File: 1454877438744.png (2 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1454877438744.png
2 MB, 1200x1600
killer7
chibi robo
>>
>>331446768
Spider-man 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Star wars Bounty Hunter
Rogue Squadron
Clone wars (if you like star wars)
SSBM
>>
wario world is fun and charming and the only serious issue with it is it's length
>>
>>331447984

He said must play.

Wario World is average on it's best day. Completely skippable.
>>
>>331447963
Also, REmake and RE4
>>
Anyone play giftpia? best VGM just uploaded a really nice piece of music from it, apperently made by the chibi-robo team yet I've never heard of it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imK2k2YK36E
>>
>>331448067
I own REmake on Steam, worth playing GC version?
>>
>>331448230
No idea if there's a difference but why not
>>
>>331447984
>>331448049

If it's good I'll play it. I thought it looked cool when it came out but I was an actual child at the time. If it's even close to WW or Sunshine in terms of production value I'll play it. The Wario GB/GBC games frustrated the fuck out of me but I was twelve.
>>
>>331448049
>What games are worth playing?
you can drop "top 10 gamecube games of all time" into youtube and get 10x the results you'd get here 10x faster, not much sense in retreading the same zelda/mario/metroid prime suggestions

anyways, custom robo is great as well. Weird kind of 3D fighter with lots of customization and a weird but interesting story. Would have been awesome with online
>>
>>331448108
Didn't know this game existed. I'll definitely try it
>>
F-Zero GX
>>
>>331447278
I can heartily recommend the Super Monkey Ball games. Nobody ever discusses them for some reason despite them being phenomenal and the Gamecube versions being the only ones worth having. Deluxe edition a meme.
>>
>>331448614
Yeah, that's exactly why I asked here, I played a bunch of the "must-plays" when the system was current and Blockbuster still existed but it was hard to find some of the more unique games when I lived an hour from the nearest retail store and was too young to drive. :D
>>
File: Colosseum.png (174 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum.png
174 KB, 250x350
>>331446768
Pic related and Gale of Darkness are on par with HG/SS, Platinum, and B2/W2 for quality Pokemon games.
>>
>>331449098
luigi's mansion is really fun and surprisingly atmospheric for a mario spinoff. The sequel beats it in mechanics, but atmosphere and level design go to the original hands down. Definitely worth playing
>>
>>331449134
I pre-ordered this game, and I still have yet to finish it.
>>
>>331448996
I will definitely check SMB Deluxe out, thanks!
>>
File: Baten-Kaitos.jpg (1 MB, 1534x2152) Image search: [Google]
Baten-Kaitos.jpg
1 MB, 1534x2152
BATEN KAITOS!
Best jrpg on Gamecube. And then play the prequel Baten Kaitos: Origins
>>
Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out everything I can get my hands on.

Have some footage of myself running Wind Waker, tends to stay close to 30fps but I did experience some drops. Considering my video card is a dinosaur I was pretty pleased with the performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMn4fzrIQ8
>>
Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos: Origins
Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia Legends
>>
>>331446768
here's the short answer:

all of them are worth playing
>>
Pikmin 1 and 2 as well. Pikmin 1 has a time constraint on it, but it is a great lead in for Pikmin 2.
>>
File: hypatiastexturepack.png (662 KB, 1280x798) Image search: [Google]
hypatiastexturepack.png
662 KB, 1280x798
>>331451034
Make sure to install the HD texture pack.

Plus there are probably ways to get rid of that stuttering, make sure to use the newest development build of Dolphin (4.0 is ancient as fuck now) and follow the guidance from the Dolphin Wind Waker wiki page.

https://mega.nz/#!3c41jJzC!jSp2wAACE_K-wDloMM6gKO0z-8mOuJiUq7ac6FP_8OI
>>
>>331451592
This is very helpful, thanks!
>>
>>331451592
Also how did you know I was running 4.0, that's some wizard shit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.