[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The most underrated games of their respective franchises.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: ctw_huang[1].jpg (117 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ctw_huang[1].jpg
117 KB, 640x360
ITT: The most underrated games of their respective franchises.
>>
The drug selling mechanic was so fun. Such a great way to do risk/reward.
"Wanna get fucked up?"
>>
But people love it
>>
>>331437120
Not as much as other GTA games. Even London gets its cock sucked more than this.
>>
>>331437120
Not as much as IV and 5
>>
I wish rockstar would make another GTA like CW. Minimal/no retarded social commentary bullshit, just the game and all the various activities and shit to do.
>>
>>331436149
which version is better, psp or ds
I've never played GTA before but I'm interested
I own both consoles with flashcart and CFW so money doesn't matter
>>
>>331437603
I played ctw on psp
Was pretty good and fun
>>
>>331437603
What does the PSP version have that the DS version doesn't? Because the touch screen features really added a lot to the DS version. The touch screen PDA alone sets it apart.
>>
>>331437786
I haven't played it too much but it does ad a whole slew of new missions. Can't say much about the PDA, though. It's really clunky on the PSP version.
>>
>>331437603
I preferred the DS version for >>331437786
But honestly any version you can handle playing this on is going to be a good experience. I enjoyed the gimmicky nature of hotwire cars by pulling my my stylus/screwdriver and that sort of thing. The PDA thing helped to do what Rockstar tends to do best and put me into that era of goofy, oversized phones with silly sticks. Loved every minute of it.

CTW is seriously criminally underrated. Easily the best top-down GTA and I can't believe how many people overlook it or couldn't take the time to adjust.
>>
>>331437426
>Minimal/no retarded social commentary bullshit

explain yourself
>>
>>331437953
Did it have new missions or just different missions? Because there were a tonne of missions that incorporated the touch screen too.
>>
>>331437426
Rockstarr has tasted that sweet DLC microtransaction bucks. I'll be surprised if they don't keep milking GTA online for another few years until it's finally dead before they get to work on a new title.
>>
>>331437603
DS is funner.
>>
>>331438060
CW doesn't beat you over the head with obnoxious "satire" of American culture(partially because there aren't commercials on the radio stations), and the story tends to stay on topic with the plotline rather than sidetrack itself to deliver the rather frequent LOL ONLY IN AMERICA joke.
>>
>>331438083
They were new. Anything that required touchscreen operations were retooled to work with the thumbstick and buttons.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (42 KB, 478x243) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
42 KB, 478x243
>That mission where you have to steal the ambulance and use the stylus to de-fibrillate the guy inside when he flat lines after you crash into shit
>The guy you do the mission for then cuts out his heart
The Chinese are fucking crazy.
>>
>>331437209
That's just desperate bongs. Sane Bongs shit on that game because it was genuinely bad/uninteresting..
>>
>>331437603
You could just get the iOS or android version it's free if you know where to look and it has the graphics of the PSP and the functionality of the DS. Superior version desu senpai.
>>
>>331438750
>It's free
>I have have the tools to pirate both the DS and PSP versions
>>
>>331438750
Yeah if you don't mind it controlling like shit because of touch buttons.
>>
File: anonsfavoritecontroller.jpg (46 KB, 600x754) Image search: [Google]
anonsfavoritecontroller.jpg
46 KB, 600x754
>>331438750

Here you go bro, you're gonna love it.
>>
This.
>>
File: reobf1.jpg (105 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
reobf1.jpg
105 KB, 500x625
>Both this and the 2nd game when they were online were the good ol' glory days.
>>
>>331440708
The opening song still makes me weep.
>>
>all the people irl i knew who thought it was gay because it was isometric
honestly normies have shit taste
>>
>>331442575
it's not even true isometric, you can adjust the camera angle in any direction, the whole world is 3D.
>>
>>331440708
I've tried getting into this game two times now and I just can't do it. Does it get better as you go along or something?
>>
>>331442803
That depends, how far did you get? The stages do get more interesting and engaging the further into the game you get but the game play is fairly consistent.
>>
>>331440878
>Cindy
>Gun
>>
>>331443207
Just around the beginning. I read that the game works better as a multiplayer game so I just never went back to it. It also doesn't help that I didn't really like the combat (unless it's just really shitty at the beginning).
>>
>>331436338
I liked the theory behind it, but it was so easy to get drunks that selling them really wasn't hard to rack of lodes e mone

They should have made the system deeper and with consequences.
>>
>>331443428
The first 3 stages are pretty bland, but once the story starts to unfold it gets super interesting. The combat doesn't really change but it does incorporate magic a lot more the further you get. As you get better weapons you get combo multipliers as well. Also all the different races have different combat styles.
>>
>>331443438
The only real problem with it was that it was too easy to deal and on the off chance it did trigger a wanted rating, wanted ratings were too easy to shake due to it displaying how many cop cars you have to total in order for your rating to decrease. You could just pick up speed and do a couple of u-turns to easily dispatch 4 or 5 cars.
>>
>>331443898
I think they coulda made the drug system better like penalties for selling to certain gangs and in certain territories and drugs having quality so you could could and upsale portions of shit to profit off gangs that like you a lot while selling primo shit to people who dont like you so they like you more for that and ripping off rival gang.
>>
Final Fantasy Blank
>>
>>331436149
poor man's sleeping dogs
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.