[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who played this and thought it wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (392 KB, 1242x1755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392 KB, 1242x1755
>there are people who played this and thought it wasn't bullshit by the end

You are a bro of neither franchise but especially not Ace Attorney.
>>
Pure black
>>
>>331423065
i liked it
>>
>>331423065
All I can see is Pepe.
>>
professor layton is such a faggot, fuck him
>>
On the last trial.
Expecting that last prosecutor to be Bezella and is controlling Espella and/or is her mother.
And with that I am off the thread.
>>
>>331423065
It's a Layton plot. You know, village of robots and shit kind of stuff.
>>
File: Ridelle Mystere.png (608 KB, 656x2310) Image search: [Google]
Ridelle Mystere.png
608 KB, 656x2310
I thought that The Storyteller's final testimony was absolutely hilarious. For the wrong reasons perhaps but I was entertained so whatever.

I wish the game was more of an even balance between the two franchises, and features more actual crossover of mechanics (that puzzle near the end of the game that required both Layton and Phoenix for example, why was there only one of those in the entire game?).

I wouldn't mind a sequel, maybe bring Ema and Flora along next time.
>>
If Professor Layton wasn't included here, then that bullshit at the end wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>331423065
It's a Layton game with a Layton story that just happens to have PW and trials in it, and not the other way around (unfortunately).
>>
>>331426956
Not really. It's too easy for that. They clearly didn't want ace attorney fans to get stuck on a difficult puzzle.
>>
File: oliviaaldente.gif (2 MB, 450x271) Image search: [Google]
oliviaaldente.gif
2 MB, 450x271
I thought the ending was bullshit but I also completely expected it and enjoyed the rest of the game, mostly for character interactions and delicious waifus
>>
DAUGHTER I AM DYING
LOL JK MY DOCTORS FOUND A CURE
for fuck sake
>>
File: 1457753324676.gif (352 KB, 493x370) Image search: [Google]
1457753324676.gif
352 KB, 493x370
>>331428575
Hot damn, those hips won't quit.
>>
Worst part is that they even tried to explain the invisibility cloaks. Too bad the explanation was complete nonsense.
>>
If they have machines placed all over labyrinthia, how do people not constantly run into them on a daily basis?
>>
>>331423065
But all layton games have dumb bullshit like that in the end
>>
>>331423065
>There are people that didn't know about Layton's 24/7 bullshit plots.
>>
>>331425526
should be Trucy and Fiora really, they're both daughters that the MC increasingly neglects as the series progresses
>>
>>331423065
Machines fucking everywhere is a little dumb, even for Layton standards.
Most other things though, such as pure black are acceptable however; it has a logical basis and it is an interesting theory.

Moving from that though,
The trial segments and the layton puzzles are both lackluster for their respective franchises; I assume this was done to ease in AA fans new to Layton, Layton fans new to AA, and all those in between.

Do I like this decision? No.
Was this a necessary decision? Debatable.
Did it ruin the game and/or make it unplayable? By all means no.

What it does best is atmosphere and character interactions, and what it gets right it gets right.
It's still an enjoyable title for AA fans and Layton fans, and certainly for fans of both.
As an anecdote I like it more than DD, machines will never be as fucking stupid and poorly executed as The Phantom
>>
>beat the game
>find out Phoenix was just someone who got dragged along

You sure know how to treat your fans, Takumi...
>>
>>331430420
>machines will never be as fucking stupid and poorly executed as The Phantom
I dunno anon, I thought The Phantom was a good twist executed badly
whereas "machines everywhere" was a bad twist executed badly
>>
>>331430573
To be fair, everything at the end tries to one-up itself on twist factor.

It's just one of several piling on top of one another.
>>
>>331430420
>Most other things though, such as pure black are acceptable however
No, it isn't.

Say you 3 things: an object, a person with an invisibility cloak and another person, and they're in a straight line, and the person with the cloak is in the middle. Will you be able to see the object behind the person with the cloak? No. All the light reflecting from that object that is supposed to reach your eye hits the cloak and is absorbed. It doesn't make you transparent, it just makes you very black.
>>
>>331430420
>Machines fucking everywhere is a little dumb, even for Layton standards.

Really? Compare to a town full of clockwork robots and giant underground city underneath London? The only problem is they made magic so convincing that MACHINES failed to explain everything. Hell, they have to use extra episodes to explain a few things
>>
>>331429046
"Pure black is invisible to your consciousness."

Pure black can still be seen, everyone's just told to hypnotically ignore it. They subconsciously walk around it.
>>
>>331430428
That line made me so mad, and it's played off as a joke.

>>331431080
They never explain how the magic was done in London. There was no way Phoenix, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't have been able to see the black machines. How did that car get stuck in the tree?
>>
File: not guilty.png (249 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
not guilty.png
249 KB, 557x605
>>331424940
KEK
>>
>>331430573
I think the difference is that the phantom had more weight to him, being in an official mainline AA title.
Machines are easier to kinda write off and forget about and still enjoy the game; the phantom is just some random person out of nowhere with no backstory relevant to the player or really anybody that serves as your big bad.

Not saying having an assassin is bad though, see Shelly De Killer.
The phantom is just an incredibly weak big bad for AA and feels so much worse in comparison.

>>331431343
>How did that car get stuck in the tree?
This was actually explained in an extra episode, kind of.
The statue was robot and put it in the tree.

What I want to know is about Godoor.
>>
File: 1457681926640.jpg (28 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
1457681926640.jpg
28 KB, 500x267
>>331430428
>be and Ace Attorney fan
>Haven't played not one single Professor Layton game
>I figured I might play it if I liked the setting and the characters of PL
>Everybody in the game constantly sucking Professor's dick
>Phoenix loses his memories and becomes a fucking baker
>Muh Professor Layton figured out the huge secret, he's so smart
>"I actually brought you here as part of my plan because you're so skilled Layton"
>Phoenix:"What about me?"
>"You were basically brought here by accident"
I'm still mad and I have yet to play any of the PL games, do the characters constantly suck his dick in his own games as well?
>>
>>331432219
More than the excessive twists at the end, that irked me more than anything.

We bought this game because, hey, we like Ace Attorney, why not? Then at the end we're told Phoenix is a nobody and not special, Prof. Layton is a genius and can do no wrong.

Well fuck you too.
>>
It was a 10/10 for fans of both series

Only people who can't into Layton stories took any offense to the ending
>>
>>331433785
>piss easy watered down version of both
>10/10
>>
The problem with the twists at the end was there were so many that you were shocked more by the fact there were so many than the impact they have on your perspective of the plot.

The twists obscure the story, which is usually not a good direction.
>>
>>331432219
Layton is supposed to be a genious, everybody sucks his dick in every single game he's in.
Phoenix is pretty dumb and is laughed at constantly, but manages to beat everyone and be a badass in the end despite it, making it much more interesting and likable than any of the plain characters in Layton.
Since it's a crossover they reduced their character and character developement to a minimum, and that's why Layton is cool and Nick is laughed at.
>>
>>331431843
>Godoor
The shades cut a hole in the wall.
>>
>>331434645
Phoenix is pretty dumb and is laughed at constantly, but manages to beat everyone and be a badass in the end despite it, making it much more interesting and likable than any of the plain characters in Layton.
The writers did poke fun at this. If you have Layton present the wrong piece of evidence, Wright gets excited, and gloats at Layton being wrong.
>>
>>331432219
>>331430428
To be fair, almost no one respects Phoenix in his own game as well.
>>
>>331434260
Layton games had gotten piss easy by game 5 anyway
>>
>>331436052
Only because he accepts cases that look hopeless, which means when he always looks like he's grasping at nothing.

Here it's basically said to his face he was never relevant to the larger scheme, which goes considerably farther...
>>
>>331425526
Ridelle a cute. CUTE.
>>
>>331425526
That specific puzzle was bretty gud, I'm sure if asked Level-5 would come with a pathetic answer like: "It was too difficult for our puzzle engine to make that, we could only include one" or "It would make all puzzles feel dull if they were special like this one"
>>
>>331436442
Isn't that normal for Pheonix where he isn't supposed to be apart of the bigger plan but gets sucked in anyway for his games?
>>
>>331423065
I think Shu Takumi was in charge of writing. He was probably too scared to offend Layton fans and it was easier for him to give his franchise shorter end of stick.

It's not the worst crossover.
>>
>>331436703
I don't get where the "X a cute. CUTE." meme came from but I agree.
>>
>>331437476
always struck me as an /a/ meme
>>
>>331437476
>>331437553
Wasn't it from that Rosalina doujin (I guess it was a doujin) that said something like Miss Rosalina is cute! CUTE! First female heavyweight in Mario Kart! or something like that?
>>
>>331436340
I haven't played any of the 3DS layton games but DD was pretty easy, so I can see it
>>
Best part of the entire game was the music. Specifically this fucking track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTlY3oIwOc

That said, the entire game was enjoyable, with the Alchemist's death being the highlight. Celebrating that you saved Maya and then seeing the culprit crying and begging for her life before being brutally incinerated was such a tonal shift and really got me excited for what was to come.

The game is, overall, a 7/10 game with a few 9/10 moments. Unlike every other AA game the best parts are neither the beginning (AJ) or the end (Every other game)
>>
>>331436831
>>331436052
but even so there times where people called in Phoenix to be pulled in to something bigger like 2-4 which had an assassin kidnapping his assistant to get a celebrity a not guilty verdict, it's pretty clear that even though Phoenix accepts hopeless cases he certainly is well known for what he's good at. In AJ and DD Phoenix is regarded as a legend so it is kind of grating he's just a nobody in the crossover
>>
>>331437956
All the English court songs were great. Shame they're only used on the first trial.

I did like the village cornered song though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYg0J2rE0Aw
>>
>>331438263
The soundtrack in this game is great.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-TM9KtKv4
>>
>>331437725
Seems like it would've been before Rosalina showing up in MK, but maybe. It sounds plausible, at least.
>>
The machines-everywhere thing is retarded.

Otherwise it's a great AA game and a great Layton game.
>>
>>331438263
No one ever talks about the English court music but it's fantastic.

Especially "Cross-Examination~Allegro 2001".
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.