[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has finally settled, can we agree that all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2015.png (278 KB, 810x382) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
278 KB, 810x382
So now that the dust has finally settled, can we agree that all of these games were pretty good?
>>
>>331422543
The Witcher had shit gameplay

MGSV had okay gameplay with copypasted shit everywhere

Blooborne was alright

didn't play Undertale
>>
>>331422661
>The Witcher had shit gameplay

Supreme meme
>>
>there are people that named Undertale as their GOTY, when those other games exist, as well as Super Mystery Dungeon and Xenoblade X
Kill me
>>
>>331422737
it did, literally use Quen for every boss and you win
>>
>>331422543
sure.
>>331422912
The difference between being you and being right is that the combat was only a part of the gameplay.
>>
>>331422912
>Being a quen spammer
>>
>>331422661
So edgy
>>
>>331423547

>The difference between being you and being right is that the combat was only a part of the gameplay.

Name the other gameplay elements. The dialogue options are literally more limiting than Fallout 4 and at least that laughable piece of trash had base building ontop of its more varied combat system
>>
>>331422912
>The gameplay is shit because I can cheese it like a faggot

Wow, almost every game must be terrible, huh?
>>
File: Hustled tw you.png (453 KB, 868x988) Image search: [Google]
Hustled tw you.png
453 KB, 868x988
>>331422543
The only one i haven't played of those is Undertale. I'm thanking the obnoxious fanbase for that.
>>
2015 was a terrible year. 16 is lookint like itll be shit too.
>>
>>331424079
>>331423704

>i-if you play a specific way the game is l-less shit!

The combat is mediocre because there's literal zero variety. The magic/potions serve as the barebones minimum due to Geralt canonically being a spellsword. Add in the shit tier loot, "Follow red trail" quest design and the laughable weapon variety (also a lore restriction), 1-2 dialogue options on average (all ranging from lawful good to chaotic neutral at worst) and you have mediocre at best gameplay that plays the genre sickeningly safe.

Literally 2015s Last of Us. An overhyped Plebbit game that was forgotten in within a few months.
>>
Witcher 3 was a 7/10 at best
>Repetitive fetch quests
>Large/beautiful world that is empty and quickly becomes boring to travel across
>Boring, repetitive, unfulfilling combat
>Unsatisfying weapon, armor, and skill progression
>Uneven difficulty and easy but HP tanky enemies
>A main questline that drones on far too long
>Useless "choices"
>There is no choice or sense of interconnectivity. The only choice is a few arbitrary dialogue options that go into an equation to determine which of three endings you get (which don't affect endgame at all)

One of the most overrated games I've ever played. Unless you're a lorefag, there's really nothing here. Gwent is pretty fun though (albeit shallow due to lack of variety)
>>
TW3 was alright and the dlc is good.

MGSV was casul, incomplete and worse than GZ which is rather telling

Bloodborne was good, but just that. Not great or amazing. I found it boring as well, NX lsvked replay ability like previous souls games.

Didn't play Undertale so can't voice my thoughts on it.

Really just par for the course "decent" AAA games you expect every year. This year it will probably be Dark Souls 3, Horizon, Crackdown 3, and FFXV
>>
>>331424481

>MGSV was casual
>Witcher 3 wasn't
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.