[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any game simmilar to Mass Effect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Mass Effect 3 - ME3 - 1920x1200.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect 3 - ME3 - 1920x1200.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Any game simmilar to Mass Effect?
>>
star wars kotor
>>
>>331416904
I do not agree.
>>
>>331416694
Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights.
>>
>>331417087
doesn't matter if you do

ME is bioware's version of star wars, it's that simple. From the mission structure, to the lame moral system, to sucking off your crew to get them to cooperate
>>
>>331417179
>Neverwinter Nights
Im just not able to get back into NWN 1 anymore... I cant even get past the city anymore.
Better than NWN 2 though, cant even finish the tutorial
>>
>>331416694

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
>>
>>331416694
A series with a good start, mediocre sequel and terrible third game, both in gameplay and in story?
>>
>>331417848
Lmao
ME2&3 are absolute trash compared to 1.
>>
>>331417279
I'm playing KOTOR again, and you can find pockets of the world and writing that almost scream "what if we were doing this, but WITHOUT Star Wars"
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 256x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 256x312
This is similar... Tho it's like mass effect with everything done the wrong way.
>>
>>331417648
You can skip the tutorial in NWN2.
>>
>>331418010
im looking for games with related lore (sci fi, cooperation with aliens, etc), and (no needed) mediocre gameplay
>>
>>331418541
2 improved the series in every way.
Better Combat
Better and more characters
Better Story
More choices
The ability to kill almost all of your crew and not game over
>>
>>331419457
Totally agree
>>
Dragon Age Origins it'awesome.

Also, spec ops has a very similar system of combat but without powers, try it of you want, it's ok.
>>
>>331419457
>Better Combat
Simplified and constrained combat with no room to get creative or crazy (RIP Biotic detonations and shielded enemy tactics)
>Better and more characters
They're better, but
>Better Story
They also dominate the narrative more than the story itself, which is not only weaker, but the scale itself is smaller, and isn't very interesting when compared to the first, especially since there's way too many plot 180's and forced narratives involving Cerberus
>More choices
The actual story missions are pretty straightforward with little diversion beyond "do I suck TIM off or go with muh morals", with the only real choices of weight having to do with character missions
>The ability to kill almost all of your crew and not game over
The suicide mission is really easy to fuck-up if you don't read a guide about what to do near the end, because you could pick perfect leaders for every portion, only to have everyone die because you took your tanks to the Reaper fight
>>
>>331416694
Summoner is basically exactly what mass effect 1 was, jade empire is mass effect 0.5, divintity 2 is very similar.
>>331416904
Not in any way.
>>
>>331416694
Pic unrelated?
>>
File: 134445154513269.jpg (15 KB, 352x329) Image search: [Google]
134445154513269.jpg
15 KB, 352x329
>>331417279
>to sucking off your crew to get them to cooperate
quite literally
>>
>>331419457
>better combat
So generic gears of war cover shooting is worth a praise? At least ME1 abilities felt like they had a point and biotics were useful.
>better characters and interaction
True
>better story
Hell no. It began and ended exactly where ME1 had ended. It was also filled with plot holes. ME2 is worthless for the story arch of the series.
>more choices
? I don't really see how.
>suicide mission
Yeah, it was good but not enough to save the entire game.
>>
File: Dungeons and Robots.png (1 MB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
Dungeons and Robots.png
1 MB, 1280x968
Robofu is best waifu
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.