[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for gothic!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 484664831_preview_1433165126827.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
484664831_preview_1433165126827.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Time for gothic!
>>
Can some no-nostalgia fags tell me why the fuck I NEED to play Gothic I before II? I don't have much time for vidya anymore, and just wanna play Gothic II
>>
>>331416654
You don't really have to, the story just fits nicely together that's about it. You meet a lot of characters from the previous game as well.
>>
>>331416654
Because story is directly connected. Same characters, world, situation. Plus you won't feel this feel when going back to Colony in g2 without playing g1.

Why would you want to skip g1 anyway? This game is just as good as 2, hell, 2 without NotR was actually worse.
>>
>>331416654
I personally think it has much better story/narrative. G2 has more of pretty much everything but as a story it doesn't hold so well.
>>
I couldn't get into Gothic 2

Like I usually don't have problems, but Gothic 2 difficulty seems bat shit insane. It really feels like you're a peasant who can't swing a sword.

I got to the city and did quests there but when I ventured outside that Orc raped me, multiple bandits overwhelm me, even the insects are a danger if there are more than 1.
I couldn't find any proper gear in the city either.
>>
Any fixes for Win7 64-bit? I couldnt launch the game without it crashing everytime and saw others had similar problems after googling. Anyone experience any problem trying to get this old piece of golden shit to work?
>>
>>331416151
>DX11 in G1
Ok son, do tell how.
>>
>>331416964
You fucking scrub, just try NotR, that shit will rape your ass.

Few tips:
There are solid weapons inside of guard towers, pickpocekt keys from the militiamen
Go hunting with Lares or Bartok for easy XP and money
There are few coin purses and random items on rooftops in the city, jump around for a bit
There is incredibly good agi sword behind landowner's farm, it's guarded by trolls which will fuck you up but you can easily outrun them
After yo get like 30 str, it's better invest into swordfighting unti you have like 35% chance to crit. Both 1 and 2-handers are viable
>>
>>331417484
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484664831
>>
>>331417776
cheers
>>
Haven't played any of them; how does Gothic 1 hold up compared to 2? It looks incredibly dated, but that might not mean anything
>>
>>331417737

>getting pickpocket

What a waste of LP. Better to use it for battle skills.
>>
>>331417998

It plays like most action RPGs really. The controls can be strange but I never had a problem.
>>
>>331417998
Gameplay-wise it's exactly same game. Story-wise it's better, but world is smaller.
>>
>>331417737
As far as I understand it was NotR
>>
>>331416654
Because it's plain better.
Because you re-visit places from G1 in G2 and it's not the same if you didn't know them beforehand.
It has recurring npcs.
It's better.
>>
>>331416654
2 takes place directly after 1 so if you want to just say "i played a Gothic game" you can play Gothic 3.
If you're into RPGs though you'll play 1 and move on through there instead of being a retard with a grocery store list that tries to scratch another name.
>>
File: kingseeker frampt.jpg (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
kingseeker frampt.jpg
164 KB, 900x900
>>331416654
you dont have to but the stories and characters are connected.
the gameplay and stories just fucking work so well.
after you finish gothic and you get to the second one youll meet all your bros from the first game and have adventures with them.
fucking djego the mad man fuckin djego. its like one big connected world and it feels like you actually do shit.
play gothic 1 trough 3 in order and youll have huge fucking adventure like a little kid. youll meet your friends and so many people you interacted with and they fucking remember you too and you get to do shit with them again.
also 1 and 2 have a huge modding community.
most mods are in german only but the biggest ones have english translations and even english voice actors.
after you complete every game before you move on to the next play some of the mods because most of them are total conversions rather than simple additions.
>>
>>331418594
>getting triggered because people don't want to play your obscure slavshit game
lemao
>>
DUDE SUMPFKRAUT LMAO
>>
>>331417998
Gameplay and graphics wise Gothic 1 and 2 literally identical.
>>
>>331418954
But I thought you wanted to play it?
U dum nigga
>>
>>331419079
>gameplay
yes
>graphics
god no
it's the same engine, yes. Similar artstyle, sure. But G2 textures are entire new quality compared to G1, not to mention higher polycount.
>>
>>331419272
>everyone on 4chan is the same person
Are you literaly autistic or just dumb as fuck?
>>
These games are terrible
Combat is fun, but it just so ugly and it feels really unfinished
>>
>>331416151
I bought the series pack for this game and managed to run in two times but now it runs and I hear the music and menu sounds but the screen doesn't appear. Fucking sucks because I really wanted to play the second one.
>>
>>331419335
Then what do you want precisely?
That was my answer to that person and you just extrapolated whatever you wanted without making any sense but I guess "we're on 4chan lol" so it's okay in your head.
>>
>>331419323
>not to mention higher polycount.
There is none. Literally all the models from 1 are reused.
The only character with higher polycount is the Nameless Hero and only barely more.
Textures are better though.
>>
>>331419561
Enviromental models. For example look at G2 trees or forests, there are not only additional polys on tree models but also a lot of high grass standing out.

I'm not saying it was revolution, but i'm sure it was important change.
>>
>>331419837
To be honest I never played them back to back so maybe that's why, but I never really noticed environment looking any better othan the colony simply being greener in G2 due to being abandoned and overgrown.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.