[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start uni soon >have been interested in VR since Rift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: HTC_Vive_(16).jpg (49 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
HTC_Vive_(16).jpg
49 KB, 900x600
>Start uni soon
>have been interested in VR since Rift Kickstarter
>have to decide between investing in studying and partying or getting a new PC and a VR headset

W-Which o-one /v/? I don't have money for both.
I'm pretty tired of gaming and I think VR is the last straw to get interested in vidya, but university is also my only chance to get into somewhat normie life and maybe even get friends.
>>
PSVR for the most innovative games in history, such as golem sword fighting
>>
>>331412621
>start uni soon
I want underages to leave
>>
Wait a few years for VR
>>
normie stuff first. first gen VR looks dicey. don't worry, anon, once you leave uni, you will have your entire life to not bother with normie shit again
>>
>>331412621
Why the fuck do you want a normie life? Spending money on alcohol is a waste of fucking time so don't do it. There is a reason normies are so fundamentally boring and depressed
>>
>>331412621
Sounds like you're not even interested in studying.
>>
>>331412621
A VR headset without a good PC is useless.

>>331412678
I didn't start uni until I was 25.
>>
>>331412671
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIFSt0YSDls
>>
File: JosephJoestar4.png (301 KB, 303x477) Image search: [Google]
JosephJoestar4.png
301 KB, 303x477
>>331412621
>investing in partying
>>
>>331412621
Vr

You will regret that lifestyle when you come home alone after a booze party feeling lonelier than when you left
>>
I don't know why you'd ever choose regular reality once the far superior virtual reality exists.
>>
Go with the cheaper option and get PSVR.
The high price of entry for Vive/ Oculus and lack of uniformity, means that it's mostly going to be hobbyist and indieshit for a while.
Sony already has waifus and a VRMMO at launch.
>>
>>331412671
It's going to be Rift or Vive, probably Vive

>>331412732
Probably this, but I've seen how VR is now and it's great minus the price.

>>331412749
But also this. I'd just want to have some more social contacts and not sit alone at my computer the whole time.

>>331413261
PSVR is shit, I'd rather take something that can run 90fps and look good at the same time. Rift/Vive already has enough games for me to be interested
>>
Don't waste money on VR, it will suck and be a major disappointment.
>>
>>331413537
Already did, got the DK1 when it came out, the best purchase I've made in +3 years
>>
>>331412952
>You will regret that lifestyle when you come home alone after a booze party feeling lonelier than when you left

dang what is that feeling and why is it a thing
>>
>>331413261
PSVR allows 60fps games when 90fps is the minimum no-puking level.
>>
File: 457457456845.png (21 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
457457456845.png
21 KB, 700x471
>>
>>331413419
Psvr has a better display than rift/vive
>>
>>331413419
All of VR is going to be shit of you don't create a big enough install base to attract big developers.
Hardware is only as good as software available for it.
PSVR is more affordable and more consumer friendly. It's going to have the easiest time catching on and getting people used to the idea of VR.
PSVR will lead for the next 5 years, then Vive will slowly take over.
Rift will be dead on arrival.
>>
>>331414038
Wrong. The specs don't matter shit, the in-headset quality does. Atm it seems to be Rift>Vive>PSVR

>>331414064
>big devs
I don't know where you've been, but there are tons of big devs working on VR
>>
>investing in partying
>partying
>an investment

Unless you see potential sloppy sex with some random woman the highest form of dividends then partying is nowhere near.
>>
>>331413923
Wrong.
PSVR runs games at 45 or 60 and doubles each frame to get 120 and 90 hz
The display is 120hz
>>
>>331414150
Sloppy sex is better than no sex

right?
>>
You could buy a retarded normie headset and then spend the next 5 years crying about how nobody is making games for it, or you could spend your money on something half decent instead.

>>331414064
They're all completely dead out of the door. PSVR will be the next Move, while the PC headsets will sell barely any units.

All of the VR devs will move to the only viable VR market, which is bits of cardboard you slot your phone into. Total cost, 5 bucks. Someone will develop a simplistic standardised control scheme, in conjunction with either Google or Apple, and then it'll take off. That's the actual future of VR. Nobody is spending 3 grand on a display when they can just buy the latest iPhone with a simple one-handed controller included in the box for 200 bucks plus contract.
>>
>>331414143
PSVR has huge support form Japanese devs.
western devs have always been kinda shit.
Japan will always lead the video game market, that's how it's always been.
>>
>>331414372
>cardboard
Lolno, that's like saying why don't everyone go around on $15 bicycles but drive $100000 cars
>>
>>331412732
this is a good way of thinking through the problem
do your normie uni shit first, then you can look into the VR thing after a generation has passed to work out kinks or even to see if things even panned out and survived
>>
>>331412621
>partying

lol
>>
>>331412621
Both are scams, so either option is a waste of money.
>>
>>331414036
How do you escape this cycle?

I was a NEET until I was 21, then I went to uni and got a job with the FBI. Now I've been a normalfag for 6 years and I'm just as depressed now as I was a NEET.

I just want the suffering to end.
>>
>>331415014
You don't. Life in itself is suffering.
>>
>VR has no games coming out for it

Isn't the point to be able to get immersed in every game that already exists?
>>
>>331415221
Nope. You can hack VR into lots of games with VorpX or shit like that, but there's no guarantee it'll be any good at all. Generally speaking, you're going to want games designed specifically for VR.
>>
>>331413785
I think it happens when you feel like you haven't truly connected with anyone

Happens when I go to busy parties, talk and laugh with heaps of people but feel like I didn't really connect and go home feeling alone.

Idk man
>>
>>331414205
yes
>>
>>331414372
>>331415221
>hurr no gaems

>Vive has 50 games on launch
>Rift 30
>you can play all games on Steam in a virtual theater
>you can play ALL your games in a virtual theater with Virtual Desktop
>PSP emulation working in VR
>N64 and Wii emulation working in VR
>dozens of community created hacks for games like Morrowind, Doom 3, Kotor and many more
>programs like VorpX allow to play almost all newer games in VR
>>
>>331412621
VR will be much better in 3-8 years, wait until then.

Also wait until there's more research done about the long term effects of having screens that close to your eyes, because I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of damaged vision.
>>
>>331415901
>Vive has 50 games on launch

If this guy doesn't get accused as a shill, then /v/ is truly PCuckgaf
>>
>>331415990
VR headsets are actually better for your eyes than regular monitor, because with them you focus into different distances and infinity rather than a flat screen 1m away from you.
The distance of the screen and how far the light comes has no effect in vision
>>
>>331416062
>"According to Chet Faliszek, writer and virtual reality evangelist at Valve, 50 developers already have HTC Vive store pages on SteamVR that could begin selling content today."
You can check it yourself on Steam
>>
>>331416136
How about you go and check out how many actual games there are. Because every single one of those devs screams "tech demo".
>>
>>331415990
Its going to be dead long before then, like Google Glass.

>planning 8 years ahead
>>
>>331416251
Checked, 11 pages of VR supported games, most of them were full games. Surely there are lots of indie games and ports, but why would there need to be 100 full AAA titles at launch? In most cases the indie games are the best
>>
>>331412621
>being in college
>thinking about vidya

choose one
>>
>>331415014
Just b ure self my man.
>>
>>331415901
PSVR offers the same compatibility with non VR PS4 games.
It also has about 50 upcoming "games"

Let's be honest, most of it is tech demons, shovelware, and launch trash. We wont see any real VR games for any headset until at least next year.
>>
>>331412621
>even having to ask this question
Just leave and go be a normalfag.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.