[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games everyone seems to like. I have NEVER heard of anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Portal_standalonebox.jpg (60 KB, 300x423) Image search: [Google]
Portal_standalonebox.jpg
60 KB, 300x423
ITT: Games everyone seems to like.

I have NEVER heard of anyone who dislikes the Portal games.
>>
Knew someone who disliked it because there wasn't enough "replayability" which is difficult to achieve with a puzzle game given even the best puzzle isn't fun to replay. Still Portal 2's user made puzzles probably helped eleviate this.
>>
>>331411106
They're fun but they have fuck all replay value.
>>
>>331411106
i dislike puzzle games in general
>>
File: Blood Money.jpg (52 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Blood Money.jpg
52 KB, 256x363
Aside from one Anon going on and on about muh casualisation, everyone seems to like this game. I still havent played it, though its pretty high on my "to play" list.
>>
I didn't "get" all the hype about portal, it wasn't particularly fun or amusing
>>
The Swapper
>>
>>331413464
Yep. Flawless game. Anyone who disagrees is contrarian.
>>
>>331413464
Agreed. This is the only game I can think of desu.
>>
>>331413198
I disagree, unless you have perfect memory a lot of the jokes are still great upon revisiting years later.
>>
>>331413464
+1 for this game.
>>
>>331413198
>>331412021
A lack of replay value is not enough to justify saying you dislike the game, because it implies you enjoyed the first play through enough to warrant wanting a second.

>>331413448
>a unique puzzle concept executed to its fullest potential
>witty writing (though this is a matter of taste)
>no bullshit padding or nonsense
>released for free (and the re-release was cheap), so the short length isn't a ripoff
But the real thing that made Portal so well received is that it doesn't have any flaws. Even if you don't like what's "good" about the game, you still can't point out any problems without trying too hard and grasping at straws.

Portal sometimes gets a bad rap on /v/ because of cake maymay PTSD, but as a game it's genuinely great.
>>
>>331411106
I dislike them, easy, not very funny, too long.
>>
File: header.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
>>
>>331411106
The first portal was pretty bland after you figured out you can escape from GLADOS.

The first also has a exploring an abondoned complex feeling which I fucking love that is absent in the second game.
>>
File: mario-bros[1].jpg (227 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mario-bros[1].jpg
227 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>331413758
I didn't say I disliked them, because I don't. I actually loves both Portal games, they're great little puzzlers. But they're also short, and don't give you much incentive to keep playing after you've finished. And you know what? That's completely fine.
>>
>>331413860
I really disliked Portal after you avoid the fire pit.
>>
>>331413806
>The Swapper is an award-winning, narrative driven puzzle game set in the furthest reaches of space.
>narrative driven puzzle game
to trash it goes
>>
>>331413860
>exploring an abondoned complex feeling
>absent in the second game
I don't think you remember Portal 2 very well, anon.
>>
>>331413806
>>331413464
>>331413541
>>331413595
>>331413650
nice try shill
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.