[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say this is close to the actual NX controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 599x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 599x380
Will the NX sell well or flop?
>>
it will flop either way, it's destined to
>>
flop, ps4.5 next best thing
>>
>>331409283
PS4.5 ALIVE
NX MIGHT B SEX
XBONE/W10 NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>331409283
I hope the buttons are transparent. I had surgery to make my hands transparent and it annoys me that when I'm holding a controller I can't see through the opaque buttons. Once I get transparent buttons to match my transparent fingers I'll be perfect.
>>
Flop. Nintendo needs to drop the gimmicks and just release a real console. I mean, I love the Wii U but holy shit. Wii was an abomination and I prefer games that don't require the touch screen. That shit should be novelty at best.
>>
Controller doesn't matter.

What matters is marketing and popularity. On that front, Nintendo is destined to fail.
>>
>>331409283

as a nintendrone, i will say that i will buy it regardless whatever that is
>>
>>331409805
Sure, nintendo isn't popular, see how low the 3ds sell
>>
>>331409805
>Controller doesn't matter.
Tell that to the Wii. Fuck the Wii.
>>
>>331409901
The 3DS was selling so badly at first that so many games were cancelled for it, prompting Nintendo to cut the price. Did you forget that?
>>
>>331409805
>>331409963
The Wii is, in fact, the perfect example of how:

>Controller doesn't matter.

>What matters is marketing and popularity. On that front, Nintendo is destined to fail.
>>
>>331409963

>fuck the wii

>turn out to be best selling nintendo home console

lol
>>
>>331409283

Why would it hinge on its controller?
>>
>>331409763

underrated post
>>
>>331409283
nigga do you even know how a button works? a transparent button? that shows the screen? gg/10
>>
>>331410169
And that was like 5 years ago. Funny how time changes things, right?
>>
>>331410685
Because the WiiU failed almost exclusively because of the controller.
>Makes it seem like an add-on because the controller is the only thing advertised
>Hikes up the price of the console by 100 bucks or more
>People don't want a tablet controller
>>
>>331409283
Is there even a way a controller like this could work? I mean if the screen goes right to the edge of the stick gate then how are they going to stop the screen from eventually developing stress fractures from the sticks banging/rubbing against it all the time?
>>
>>331410819
Well yeah, the console is very cheap now.
>>
>>331410894

The WiiU failed because it wasn't marketed right and had a year long drought on release.
>>
>>331411010

Mostly marketing, having no games but remasters didn't hurt PS4 sales
>>
>>331410991
It started selling immediately after the price cut. They overpriced the thing like crazy at launch. It's been selling big numbers since that initial cut.
>>
>>331411010
Even if it was marketed right, it wouldn't have sold much better.
People just don't want a worthless piece of shit like the WiiU.
>>
It will fail harder than Ouya or Nokia N-Gage
>>
>>331409763
Wouldn't matter, there are no screens behind the buttons/sticks. you'd only see wiring and circuit board.
>>
>>331411138
>selling big numbers
It's selling worse than PSP. It's the worst Nintendo't handheld so far.
>>
>>331411408

It's the worst generation for handhelds in general
>>
>>331411010
Marketing mattered little in that regard.
The WiiU was the weakest in the market with the others shortly following
It has a pretty exclusive development dedication. Meaning if you made a game and had it on the wiiU you either shoehorned a feature on the controller screen or made it an intricate part of the experience and then alienated the other consoles.

Put simply; if you made a game for the WiiU it was pretty much only for the WiiU and shit on the rest.

That's not a good choice for devs/pubs.
>>
File: 1455912219060.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
1455912219060.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>>331409763
>>
>>331410894
What is the WiiiU anyways? Is it a controller that you put discs in or something? I literally have no clue. Why the fuck didn't they just make a Wii2, why make a fucking tablet?
>>
>you know those on screen buttons on smartphone emulators everyone hates?
>yeah
>let's do that except you can't even see through them
>brilliant!
>>
>>331409489
Ps4.5 is a lame rumor. It will probably just be HDMI 2 to add 60 fps video support in 4k, and maybe flash memory or something for faster loading times.
>>
>>331409283
If that shit is true then the WiiU is the last game system I'm ever buying.

Didn't like the ps4/xbone because of their lack of good exclusives and under powered hardware, yet they'll probably do the same shit again since they're selling well. Bought a WiiU since it had some interesting games that weren't on pc and actually had stable frame rates.
>>
>>331409283
This is a joke right?
No way they're going forward with this.
>>
>>331409283
I really hope the buttons to be physical. Transparent buttons are really annoying.
>>
>>331411076
That's different when you're the most powerful console on the market and appeal to MUH EYECANDY.

Plus you know you're guaranteed all the 3rd party releases on sony hardware while nintendo is kinda sketchy looking on that front.
>>
>>331409283

>make a shitty console with a screen in the controller
>it does not sell
>make a new shitty console with a screen as the controller
>???
>>
>>331413174
Well, they failed with the 3D technology on the Virtual Boy and reused it with new technology on the 3DS.
>>
>>331413347

Nintendo handhelds are an ensured success because Sony blows dick as a rival and japan loves handhelds.
I dont think many people buy the thing for the 3D.
Theres a lot more competition on home consoles.
>>
>>331413347
It's not like they didn't release several non 3D home and portable consoles in between that time.

Also no one buys the 3DS for its 3D, being able to turn it off was a selling point.
>>
>>331409283
A controller with no tactile feedback is a garbage controller. Period.
A controller where your fingers cover part of the viewable screen for the entire time you are playing it is a garbage controller. The only exception are games where a touch screen interface makes sense like a puzzle game or a game where the second DS screen is being used entirely for control.
>>
My purchase requirements if the controller patent is true:

1. It must be a handheld that can connect to the console
2. There must be physical buttons, no touch screen buttons
3. L2/R2 must be actual triggers, not just buttons (important for any car driving games)

IF these things don't align, I will be switching to Sony systems and never returning.
>>
>>331413174
It didn't sell well because there were no games, because the architecture was too much of a head ache for game developers. If they could go back and get that shit right they might have had a chance.
>>
>>331414139

Exactly.

And their solution to that problem?
>lets make the entire controller a screen!!! that was the problem!!!
>>
>>331409283
It's not the NX.
Sonybrony mouthbreathers are wasting their time trying to create negativity towards the NX with these fake leaks because the system will be revealed before the shitty cheap Sony VR is released.
>>
>>331414183
I mean, that was 4 years ago, now they can develop the technology further, they can untether the controller to make it dual purpose and they can update the architecture, I'd rather they do that then do the VR crap.
>>
File: 1348574134812264.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1348574134812264.png
12 KB, 500x500
>>331409283
>touch control
>round screen
You'd have to pay me to use this.
>>
>>331410953
>how are they going to stop the screen from eventually developing stress fractures
Why would they?
If it breaks, just buy a new one goyim. You aren't poor are you?
>>
>there are people in this thread who believe this is real
Kill yourselves
>>
>Virtual buttons

No. Never. Fuck this shit.
>>
While this is obviously fake and dumb sonyggers want it to be true, if it still had good Nintendo games on it (Which it will) I would still buy it once they're out.
>>
File: 1447454743220.png (101 KB, 451x505) Image search: [Google]
1447454743220.png
101 KB, 451x505
Only mentally impaired retards (neogaf) could even imagine that Nintendo is not only going to ditch dual screens and 3D, leaving their main userbase and the main driving force of the games industry in Japan behind and cutting off compatibility with their largest back catalog, but also once again make it difficult to port games for something as retarded as the mockup in OP.
Specially with over 10 other patents that not only involve buttons, but modular ones and other kinds as well.
>>
just think of all the games fans asked for that could have made for an actual system that's in stores right now with the cash they threw at this terrible interpretation of an interesting touch screen technology
>>
Can't they just make a normal fucking console again? The only game that seems to use the gamepad gimmick well is Mario Maker.
>>
>>331409901
Fun fact: the 3DS is Nintendo's worst selling handheld since the GBC.
>>
>>331414912
>Nintendo
>having any grasp of what consumers want
>>
>>331414139
The WiiU has a better library than the PS4 and Bone.
This is a fact.
The WiiU failed because it wasn't properly marketed and the concept wasn't properly explained either.
Thus, the userbase never grew, and that means no third party support.
The architecture means nothing if the system sells enough.
That being said, they're not going to make a system with no fucking buttons.
>>
>>331414875
>t-they would never be so dumb to put a whole touchscreen on the controller ;___;
>>
>>331409283
flop because they focus on gimmicks rather than usability.
>>
>>331414912
But this is Nintendo we are talking about. :^)

There, this is what a Neofag would answer you.
>>
>>331415058
Fun fact: the 3DS is the worldwide best selling videogame hardware of 8th gen so far.
>>
>>331415058
That's because the casual portion went to mobile.
Software sales are pretty similar.
The 3DS is the current best system getting the most third party support and the best games.
Nintendo wants that userbase on their next system, that's why this fake is so retarded.
The patent was made to cripple any possibility of something like that being made by mobile manufacturers, because it would go against what Nintendo wants, bringing the mobile crowd to real consoles, not making a mobile hybrid.
>>
>>331415090
Wow you seriously believe the "customers thought it was a Wii accessory" narrative God you're such a fucking drone its really pathetic and your going to cry when the fake is actually real
>>
>>331415206
That's fine, it's still Nintendo's worst selling handheld, sans the VB of course.
>>
>>331410569
Mainly cause it was so cheap

People quickly got bored of it and never played it again
>>
File: 1458147379428.jpg (51 KB, 568x562) Image search: [Google]
1458147379428.jpg
51 KB, 568x562
>>331409283
Why is it so hard for Nintendo to just make a normal game console without all the gimmicky shit. Their casual audience already moved to mobile games so only the core audience is left.
>>
>>331415392
GameCube failed they lost alot of good people in the failure and the wii confused Nintendo on what the fans wanted which they never truly had a firm grasp on anyways
>>
>>331409765
>Nintendo ever not relying on gimmicks
HA, good luck with that.
Even the Gamecube, Nintendo's last honest console, was gimmicky as fuck with that weird as controller. and games being on shitty minidiscs.
How in their right mind could give their controller less buttons than the controllers of the competition.
I remember how most GCN ports were a pain to play because of the awkward button combos you had to press whereas on other consoles it might have been an individual button.
>>
>>331415346
You don't deserve it, but here's a serious reply.
Yes, people thought it was an accessory, because what's shown in marketing is the gamepad, never the system.
The large bulk of dudebros that bought the PS4 are that retarded.
Marketing is everything when you want to sell a console to the lowest scum.
>>
>>331415206
It has also been out 3 years longer than the PS4. Which will probably pass it early next year.
>>
>>331415336
the cell phone fake(better idea) is the hybrid this is just an follow up on the Wii U's idea but so much worse
>>
It would be impossible to play anything on that, imagine not feeling buttons and all the stickiness over the thing.
Only QTE trash like uncharted would be playable like that, and I doubt that's what Nintendo wants on it.
>>
>>331415206
But it has the worst library of all Nintendo handheld and is complete shit compared to the ds
>>
>>331409283
It all depends on the games. I'm buying it regardless.
>>
>>331415549
What I'm saying is a controller with no buttons would be a middle ground between mobile and consoles.
Nintendo doesn't want middle grounds, their whole strategy with phone apps is to get that crowd on traditional consoles.
>>
>>331415519
ps4 came out a whole year later and if we fallow your fake narrative then Nintendo is the single most the incompetent company in the entire world they had a whole fucking year to explain that was a console if they cannot explain one simple thing they deserve what's happening to them but what you're saying is not true it just had no games that interested anyone and zero road map unless a Mario Wii port and a shitty ubisoft game really made your drone dick wet
>>
>>331415648
Said nobody.
>>
>>331415346
Not that anon but I knew plenty of people who thought that. Some that even played games before the Wii came along and kept sort of up to date (as much as adults with careers can) with gaming news. Nintendo really fucked up on getting info of their product out to people.

Though I don't think that's the only reason it failed.
>>
>>331415732
it does have buttons it has a tactile screen but like I said I could have been much better used in their own cell phone hybrid which would have its own console teir exclusives on their own platform while making shitty mobile games for ios and such but both ideas won't work and honestly making a NX is a bad idea all around
>>
Why would you want this? Why would you want your fingers all over the fucking screen?
>>
>>331415874
I knew a few black men who fucked your mom
>>
>>331415992
only covers the bottom right and left of the screen but yeah it's shit
>>
>>331416031
Mum died while giving birth and was a virgin
>>
>>331416271
I'm so sorry anon my condolences
>>
Flop instantly. Audible groaning at E3, people filing out of the reveal theater.
>>
>>331409283
Seeing as how well the PlayStation is doing til this day, I am confident a bad controller design doesn't impact sales as much as every other aspect of the console.
>>
>>331416354
watching the stocks drop into a black hole will be the most comfy thread on /v/ in years
>>
>>331409283
The NX is 40 million units too late.
>>
>>331416434
You keep posting this.
Truth is you found /v/ way after it died due to other shiteaters from neogaf like you came here.
There's no comfy /v/ with you in it.
>>
>>331416653
actually /v/ sucking Nintendo's cock was only around the time the Wii U was revealed at e3 go back to your safe space neofag
>>
I'm so sick of touchscreen shit.
>>
>>331416937
enjoy vr!
>>
>>331409283
I just want use fucking Gamecube controllers or Wii U's Pro controllers.
>>
>>331417021
controllers are outdated anon
>>
>>331409283
i dont understand this picture
>>
>>331409283

what if its Region free?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.