[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RCT Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: openrct2_2016-03-19_16-48-21.png (587 KB, 1280x962) Image search: [Google]
openrct2_2016-03-19_16-48-21.png
587 KB, 1280x962
Show off your parks and rides!
>>
File: 1446003063372.gif (160 KB, 390x379) Image search: [Google]
1446003063372.gif
160 KB, 390x379
>swan boat 3 has not returned to the station
>>
>>331408314
Chris Sawyer fucking never fixed most of the annoying bugs in this game.
>>
someone host
>>
>>331408371
yeah hold on
>>
server name?
>>
bump

>tfw server still isn't up
I'd host but I can't port forward
>>
>>331408359
Cut him some slack, the entire game's programmed in fucking assembly.
>>
>>331409751
and?
>>
how do I git gud at this game? every park I make never turns a profit and I go into the red within the first year
>>
servers up ya fags
>>
Are handymen broken in open rct or were they always this retarded? They keep walking back and forth in ride queues or bounce between food stalls, they get nothing done
>>
I want to join but don't have the add-on packs and all torrents I find are dead. Wat do?
>>
>>331410718
https://mega.nz/#!Kpo1DKwb!V9nALUu3qPwNZYqS0Rpg-FVb4OfJ0o95KjUrJxtHfJg

Then download

https://openrct2.org/downloads
>>
>>331410718
mega:///#!rR0BlSCL!-eoKJSIluyqPzYOBdRIb0eLYs5r3KrmbWKcIRKJQTTA
>>
File: 1447598665147.png (82 KB, 293x281) Image search: [Google]
1447598665147.png
82 KB, 293x281
>>331410718
Pic related like I do because of the error message for DirectPlay.
>>
File: pirate_cove.png (301 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
pirate_cove.png
301 KB, 1366x768
rides build around scenery are the best
>>
>>331409854

Assembly is incredibly awkward to program in. You have to give the machine the most basic instructions at the most basic level, and it won't tell you shit like why it's crashing or what mistakes you're making. Most people who made games in assembly made text rpgs or shit, nothing like a fucking theme park simulator.

There's a reason why companies charge a premium for their middleware, and companies happily pay it. The alternative is shit like assembly.
>>
>tfw this game made you want to design roller coasters as a kid
>tfw you hate physics
>>
Oh shit nigger, it's time for some Open Roller Coaster Tycoon 2!

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE OPEN RCT2 INSTALLED, IGNORE STEPS 1-3
>1. Download the base game and the open RCT2 installer. (I made a rar containing both right here: https://mega.nz/#!LppnyZqb!tA3_4BATDQX9Rdz4iagYYS1nFXlcO6j_96hxQO7eXZY )
>2. Open the folder in the archive named Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and run "Autorun.exe", this will install the game that open rct2 needs to run. (Install it in English or it might not work)
>3. Go back and run "OpenRCT2-0.0.4-develop-b1671.exe", this will actually install open rct2. Install in English or it might not work.

>4. Boot up Open RCT2
>5. Pick the 2nd button from the right, labeled "Play with other players"
>6. If no servers show up press the button labeled "Fetch servers"
>7. Join the one labeled "/v/ RCT2" or whatever as long as it says /v/.

Password is either 'rage' or 'fuckball' depending on who hosts a server. Server hosts are usually Azuli, DoubleMint Dave, Ainsley and/or whoever else hosts.

FOR THOSE HOSTING THE SERVER:
>OLD /v/ sandbox map v2 !!!OLD!!!) https://mega.nz/#!UsNHzRKB!ZVOMWtgIFZDu4qLdOpzTxfNEF2B7d11MA2hZscmBLJ4 !!!OLD!!!
>NEW /v/ sandbox map v3) https://mega.nz/#!hh1GhBpK!HT3DCFOAkY4Prt9HYw_tCqE5gANTudG0CSzEIIxW1aY
If you are HOSTING a server please run the newest map. Put it in Documents/OpenRCT2 and run the savegame.
Call the server /v/ - something and put "rage" as a password so we know we get the right people in.
You do not need to download this if you are a player. The map download is only for the host.
Make sure you know how to host a server, you need to open port 11753 on your router (also put in your ipv4 address and set protocol to both)

FOR THOSE PLAYING ON THE SERVER:
>Please don't build right at the entrance so guests can spread out a bit throughout the park.
>Terraforming and water is only for people who dont fuck up.
>Dont fuck shit up

Enjoy faggots.
>>
>>331408208

>trying to port forward for openRCT
>try everything and it still won't open

Fuck this is annoying
>>
Are we still playing? Which server? There were two /v/ servers yesterday. Too lazy to check.
>>
>>331412913
post screenshot of your port forwarding page (remove ip if you want)
>>
File: junk.png (92 KB, 497x302) Image search: [Google]
junk.png
92 KB, 497x302
Bumping with a picture of my junk.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.