[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dork Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: darksells.jpg (202 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksells.jpg
202 KB, 1280x720
Guys you got any tips for the dragon down below?

Also is there a way to play this game online without steam? I got it from a friend on a USB
>>
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>331404439
this
>>
>>331404398
I dunno what to say, the gaping dragon is literally one of the easiest bosses

hit it from the back/side or stay out of its way and use ranged attacks if you want to be cheap
>>
>>331404439
Your*
>>
try sticking your dick in while it's gaping
>>
He is weak to lighting, you can also summon Solaire for this fight to tank for you. Figure it out casual, we all did.
>>
>>331405057

Man I hate people like you. OP just asked for some tips, not for a insecure asshole to state how easy that boss is.

EVERY DaS thread. Goddamnit.
>>
>>331405213
lol git gud
>>
I had a problem with gaping dragon first time round, he has a lot of health and can do decent damage to you if your not careful, just take it slow and be patient, bait him into doing his charge attack then run around and stab the shit out of his tail, also you should use gold pine resin if you've got it.
>>
>>331404398
No way to play online. Don't summon either of the NPCs, they're useless for this fight.

Just stick to the side/by its tail (cut the tail off by attacking it). Either wait for it to slam down the front part of its body/head or else wait for it to charge in a direction and attack.

Try to predict where it'll land when it flies into the air.
Also, when it projects sludge, avoid it. It will break your equipment.
>>
>>331405213
But he is easy. You'll die maybe once or twice before learning his pattern. That's like someone asking for help on the Great Jaggi or Yan Kut Ku.
What else could you say beside "Hit and don't get hit" ?

Plus Op sounds like an underage.
>>
>>331404398
run away from him until he bites the ground then hit him
>>
>>331404398
use a trainer
>>
>>331405396

Must be a sad life if bragging about vidya skill is this important to you
>>
>>331405213
But the boss is so easy I don't know what tips I could give except the obvious
>>
>>331405396

You could just as easily have said; wait until he slams down and then start slapping him from the side. Also watch out for when he starts crawling, cause it glitches often and you can get damage when standing too close, but not actually touching his leg.

There, a few small tips without some misplaced sense of superiority. Isn't so hard now is it?
>>
>bait charge attack.
>dodge it by running sideways.
>attack ass/tail while it's recuperating.
>repeat until it's dead.

Also, remember to go find and kill the sorcerer doing the buff, he's around the level and doesn't respawn once killed.
>>
>>331405882

>I don't know
>except

Whoa champ, so you do know!
>>
>>331405904
lel you sound like someone who struggled on literally the easiest boss in the game

gettu guddu
>>
>killing the Gaping Dragon when getting to Blighttown through Valley of Drakes makes Blighttown a pushover
>>
>>331405987

I didn't struggle on any boss. Don't feel the need to act superior about it if someone asks for a few tips though. I don't feel the need to brag about stuff like that on an anonymous image board.
>>
File: pBCT3.jpg (11 KB, 288x306) Image search: [Google]
pBCT3.jpg
11 KB, 288x306
>>331405968
Fuck off, I'm not gonna treat the guy like some moron who can't figure out to hit the boss until it dies
>>
>>331406071
No you only like to brag about how you don't need to "act superior". How big of you, you're so great.
>>
>people don't attack it head on when he slams his body down

Cowards.
>>
>>331406149
>not being a childish fucking faggot all the time is "act[ing] superior"

k
>>
>>331404398
Just buy it you fuck.
>>
>>331405968
Fuck it I'll give you the hot tips on how to beat him
>dodge his attacks
>attack when he is vulnerable
There you go. Just keep doing that and you'll beat him in no time.
>>
>>331406149
That's pathetic.
>>
>>331405917
Can he even be missed? You walk right in front of him on your way, and he shoots you with soul arrows.
>>
>>331406927

You can skip that entire area going down.
>>
>>331404398

Keep your distance till he does his huge jump thing. After he falls down you can safely get a few hits against his stomach before he gets back up. Just make sure not to get greedy and stay too long, as there's a hitbox around him as he recovers which can one-shot you if you aren't that tanked.

Worked for me, anyway. Made it easy.
>>
>>331404398
Just run away, beat him up after his charge ends
>>
>>331406876
I know, right

Bragging about not bragging is dumb
>>
>>331407138
Dig deeper.
>>
>>331407152
what
>>
>>331405213
>probably easiest boss in the game
>literally no hard attacks

I'm sorry, but once you need tips for bosses like this, you are clearly an absolute moron and should never touch anything besides AAA Ubisoft and EA games again. Maybe try one of those walking simulators, I heard they are not that hard.
>>
>>331404398
Try attacking him with your weapon
>>
The only complain about the gaping dragon is that if you attack him from behind the two lower legs while he prances forward, there's a bug where you get "sucked" under the terrain and instadie

Pretty annoying since it's an easy boss and you just want to defeat him fast and go home
>>
>>331406273
> not attacking the tail for the weapon
>>
>>331407454
>wanting that weapon
>>
teenage mutant ninja turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

HEROES IN A HALF SHELL

TURTLE POWER!
>>
>>331405212

Forget this. Summoning an NPC in this boss fight scales the HP of the boss and in this case it's useless. The dragon will receive more HP than Solaire will do damage.

Just try to stay on it's side between the legs. It can't hit you there. Don't go for the tail, because it will swing around doing a lot of damage.

When it jumps, just go running and roll at the last moment. Most of his other attacks can easily be dodged by rolling backwards.

You can go for the head to do more damage, but the only real safe moment is when it slams its head into the ground. This is the moment you can easily do 2-3 hits while using your weapon with both hands.

Lastly you could do more damage by using gold pine resin on your weapon, so it does lightning damage. Dragons are vulnerable to lightning.
>>
>>331407681
You need it for 100%
>>
>>331408096
>wanting 100%
>>
>>331405213
He is right though, it's maybe the easiest boss of the game with an attack pattern terribly slow and obvious.
>>
>>331408096

You have to play the game like 5 times before you actually know what's happening and how to get 100%
>>
>>331408096
Who gives a fuck?
>>
Every single boss in dark souls is easy. If you fall for the "dark souls is hard" meme, you're shit at games.
>>
>>331404398
summon solaire and the other guy, let them tank it for you, dual wield your weapon and attack the boss' tail.
after that it should be pretty easy (i remember doing it on my secon try)
>>
DaS fans are just as bad as Undertale fans.
>>
>>331405213
It's literally the easiest boss.

It telegraphs all it's attacks in obvious ways. You should never even have to roll.You can cut it's tail preventing tail swipes too.

If you can't beat this boss without looking it up/asking for help you should just stop playing.
>>
>>331408319
more like dark souls is boring.

"wait wait wait telepgraph attack woop woop wait wait"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>331408425

>literally easiest boss
opinion disregarded

Fucking Butterfree lays her head down for free shots. No boss is easier than that, not even Pinwheel.

Just stop with the false sense of superiority.
>>
>>331408319
Dark souls is "hard" because unlike all other RPGs the public is accustomed to, the story line is hard to follow, and you need to carefully plan what you do, which is kind of hard on your first playthrough. At least that's why I thought when I played. Bosses are not mechanically hard, except maybe Capra demon (1st time) and O&S (solo).
>>
>>331408778
>Fucking Butterfree lays her head down for free shots.

Yeah once every 15 minutes, while she spends the rest of the time firing lasers at you.

Still easy, but in no way easier than Pinwheel or Fluffy tail.
>>
>>331404398
Use lighting weapon. All dragons are weak to lighting.
>>
>>331405741
I'm just stating facts. Gaping Dragon is factualy easy.

>>331405904
And you discovers these few tips yourself very easily if you're not a total retard at video game.

>When the boss charge its attack have your characters defend
That the level of your tips
>>
File: Souls Games Lore Discussion.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Souls Games Lore Discussion.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>331404398
Best advice I can give is don't get greedy. Take your time.

If you haven't upgraded your weapon as high as you can, it's a good idea to go back to Andre and do that.

Other than that, just learn its pattern and openings.

Also no, you need Steam for online. Not that online's much good, anyway.
>>
>>331404398
>Guys you got any tips for the dragon down below?

Wait for it to slam down, and smack it's little head for extra damage.

Other than that, cut it's tail off.

Just be patience and don't get trampled by him and you'll be fine. He's really easy.

Lose the shield, 2hand and use the extra 3.0 weight for some armor maybe. Whatever.

Spider shield a best though.
>>
>mfw trying to cut kalameet tail solo

Now this is the real challenge of this fight, is there no one that can help me with this on pc steam level 69 ng?
>>
File: 1422162343507.jpg (250 KB, 883x341) Image search: [Google]
1422162343507.jpg
250 KB, 883x341
>>331405213
>>
>>331411380
I keep seeing this webm, what movie is this from?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.