[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought CS:GO cause a friend bought it for me a few days ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: csgo.jpg (806 KB, 1581x673) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
806 KB, 1581x673
I bought CS:GO cause a friend bought it for me a few days ago, and it's a ton of fun (with the mics muted) but I can't get good. I feel like my shots never hit, even though I try to counter the gun's kickback and all. How do I get good?
>>
File: face.jpg (7 KB, 167x144) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
7 KB, 167x144
>>331400729
Meant to say got CS:GO, not bought. Tired and it's 4:30 AM.
>>
>>331400729
all you can do is just play the game more.
That and learn callout's if you want to get mental about it
>>
>>331400729
CSGO has RNG spreads, so they're more difficult to learn than the other games, as well as less predictable where each shot will land.

Open up a map and test fire the weapons into the wall at various ranges and rate of fire (full auto, semi while clicking fast, semi while click slow)
>>
>>331400840
Thanks. I've been trying to put time into it, so that I can just have better reflexes and just have a better mindset in game.
Haven't played a CS game before, so it's all new to me.

>>331400912
Really? I heard lots about learning spray patterns and shit, what's the point if it's RNG? Also, thanks!
>>
>>331400952
Each weapon has a unique spread pattern to it, but in GO, there's an element of RNG in it - like weapons don't have first shot accuracy all the time, and bullets can deviate from their normal position in the spread. It's not impossible to learn, but you'll never be a true master of the spreads in GO.

I'd recommend playing the other CS games, they control much tighter and have for more custom content, while not relying on skinshops.
>>
>>331400729
Look up weapon patterns for guns you will be using a lot, like the M4 and AK. They have very, very specific recoil patterns, and learning how to adjust your aim while you're spraying will help you tremendously in shootouts. Aside from that and and just aiming well, it's a lot of positioning and map awareness. Like, knowing when to prefire while going around a corner, where bad guys are most likely to be and when, etc. A decent pair of headphones or surround sound system will also you a lot since footsteps are basically sonar in that game. Don't play with the sound off or with music on unless it's low - I remember playing CS years and years ago and seeing all these people complaining about wallhacks cuz guys are prefiring on them as they're rounding a corner, but it's cuz they can hear the footsteps.

A lot of the skill involved in just being decent is a technical knowledge of the game. Even a guy with bad reaction times and poor aim can do fairly well if he knows where to expect the enemy and can adjust for recoil.
>>
it amazes me people are stupid enough to pay for skins.
>>
>>331401187
Gotcha. Source or 1.6, you think?

>>331401214
Thanks a lot, man. I usually play with sound muted, but I'll turn it up from now on. Just put more time in and learn about how most guns work?

>>331401254
Ikr?
>>
File: 1458350834260.png (81 KB, 252x276) Image search: [Google]
1458350834260.png
81 KB, 252x276
Csgo is a reddit game full of unfunny memeweebfaggots who seriously think that Csgo takes skill while it is just bad as a CoD.
>It is pure cancer thanks it community
>It is pure cancer thanks it skin system
>It is pure cancer but virgin neckbeard and redditors praise it to dead
>>
>>331400729
Don't play comp with muted mics. It might seem like a good idea in the beginning, but you're actually gimping yourself massively.

You'll have to play with mic enabled at some point, might as well be a big boy and learn to ignore Russian shitters. People that play multiplayer team games with mic off are no different from sjw's that want a "safe space".
>>
>>331401358
I mostly just play casual now, with mics muted, haven't actually jumped into comp, but gotcha.
>>
Don't listen to the Anons that rant about rng. While there's a small element of it, it is barely noticeable at all. I can guarantee you 100% that those Anons spouting that crap are not even close to being good enough that it would matter for them.
>>
>>331401408
Casual is fine with no mic. Also thumbs up for starting out in casual. Of course, you don't have a choice now come to think of it.

Also, the game is exponentially more fun if you play with cool friends.
>>
>>331401294
Personally I play Source since it's got the most custom content of the three. Some people will tell you Source is shit because of hitboxes. The head hitbox lags slightly and is fairly large compared to the actual model, so it's fairly easy to get headshots. It's not much of an issue for me, but just so you are aware.

1.6 is really good for the core mechanics of the game. It's slightly different, you can wallbang (shoot through walls/corners) and buy your ammo.

They're all functionally the same game. Wait for the next sale and pick em up, they're pretty classic games.
>>
>>331401519
>ranting about RNG
>hurr just gidgud amirite silber :DD
GO apologist, just on time, and can't even grasp a basic explanation.
>>
>>331401294
>Just put more time in and learn about how most guns work?

Don't bother about how "most" guns work. Concentrate on M4/AK, you'll be using them the most. If you can't afford your M4/AK, just go for economy and save up. Try not to play on casual cuz it'll teach you bad habits. One thing a lot of people don't notice for a very long time is that both CT and T have, imo, fairly obvious strengths and weaknesses. All the CT guns are expensive as fuck and tend to do less damage than T guns, but CT pretty much always has superior positioning on every map.

IIRC AK can 1 shot to the head even with armor, but M4 can't. It's worth practicing tapping with an AK to get those headshots, and depending on range stutter stepping is also important. Strafing, stepping in the opposite direction to come to quickly come to a complete stop, firing one round, and strafing some more. There's no real point in firing while actually moving unless they're a few body lengths away imo, and at that range you'd be better off spraying and adjusting your recoil.
>>
>>331401614
Sounds good, thanks.

>>331401729
I think I'll go with 1.6 to get the mechanics of the game down. Thanks for the advice, man.
>>
File: 180.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
180.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
> a few days ago

I have 2400hrs and wouldn't consider myself particularity great. I've out fraged pros, but the consistency isn't there.

it takes like 1000hrs just to get most of the basics of the game. It honestly not worth your time. If you still want to have at it though, Adren has great beginner videos on lots of topics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CurseCS/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p
>>
>>331401850
>RNG so slight it would make you miss around 5% of the time when playing unoptimally e.g. using a short-mid range gun at long range
>implying you DMG shitters would even make the shot
>>
File: 1836.jpg (130 KB, 977x1041) Image search: [Google]
1836.jpg
130 KB, 977x1041
>>331401309
Spoken like a true silver!:^)
>>
File: csgo is a game of skill.png (1 MB, 684x1186) Image search: [Google]
csgo is a game of skill.png
1 MB, 684x1186
>>
>>331401945
I'll check him out, thanks!
>>
OP also you should watch a few vids of pro players playing. It doesn't have to be a tutorial, just watch how they move and how they train their reticule. They move and aim in a very specific manner; keeping it trained on corners they're approaching ('cutting the pie') and snapping to common hiding spots as they scan a room. There's usually little vertical movement as well, they're usually aiming at the same height a head is going to be at.
>>
>>331402124
Isn't spectator tickrate like 16 or some shit? Not that this is very excusable, I think official servers are 64 tickrate when it outta be 128
>>
>>331402016
>ayy just ignore the fact there's RNG goy
>>
File: 1404788542539.jpg (80 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1404788542539.jpg
80 KB, 450x600
>>331400729
/csgog/ would probably help you out a lot more desu, theres also custom maps to train your aim better and stuff like that.
I actually find custom lobbies better than casual/competitive because you play with people at any skill level and not your own.
And for some reason when I have a big break from cs and play it again i'm topfragging, but when I play it repeatedly i'm doing pretty shit.
>>
>>331401309
>virgin neckbeard

Which one ? I always hated this one neckbeard that goes around /v/ and keeps on shilling cs. Good thing he is the only one.
>>
>>331402124
>>331402331

He's jumping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7CxSVZAkMU
>>
>>331402124

> Demo
> MM
> Jumping

See >>331402505
>>
>>331402505
Even more, he was cheating :^)
>>
>>331400729
Read one of the guides, like the Silver to LEM. Lots of usefull shit there.

Casual and low rank Competitive are clusterfucks anyway, but you will soon notice that having decent basic mechanics will help a lot.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.