[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Squall is unnaturally attracted to Rinoa Well duh, look at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 320150456.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
320150456.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Squall is unnaturally attracted to Rinoa
Well duh, look at pic related. She used her sorceress power on him.
>>
>Unnaturally attracted to Rinoa
>Teenage boy attracted to attractive teenage girl

Gee how fucking unnatural is that eh?
>>
>>331400469

It'd be natural if it stayed a high school-sty;e romance, but then the rest of the game happened.
>>
>>331400704

And you're an expert of natural romance in fantasy worlds, then? Please, enlighten us.
>>
>>331400940
Your autism is showing.
>>
>>331400113
It's more natural if you do all the "i like rinoa" choices. For some reason the game lets just be an asshole to her and still get forced to romance her.
>>
File: 1445497694940.png (171 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1445497694940.png
171 KB, 374x347
>Irvine knows everyone in the party grew up together but doesnt bring it up until almost the end of the game
>>
>>331400940

Just because it's a fantasy world doesn't mean that all logic suddenly flies out the window, that is the laziest cop-out and I'm sick of people using it. There's nothing in FFVIII to indicate that human interaction somehow works differently than it does in real life.
>>
>>331401059
Irvine is a fuck up. Remember how he was going to abandon the entire party in prison if Rinoa hadnt kicked him in the dick?
>>
>>331401034

You're the one complaining about the writing of a natural romance in a game developed for those ages 12-16.

>>331401103

>There's nothing in FFVIII to indicate that human interaction somehow works differently than it does in real life

So you think human interaction is the same in Brazil as it is in Europe? How about 1450AD Spain? Did you know that for a very long time rape accounted for a LOT of 'human interaction' when it came to childbearing?

So go fuck yourself.
>>
>>331400113
Who the fuck wasnt attracted to rinoa?
The fuck is thread?
>>
File: 1458173826638.jpg (391 KB, 1374x1425) Image search: [Google]
1458173826638.jpg
391 KB, 1374x1425
>>331400113
>it's a fan speculation thread
>>
>>331400469

There's a difference between love and lust.

FF8 is supposed to be a love story, not a story about casual teenage hookups.
>>
>tfw Rinoa was my first vidya crush
>tfw everyone hates her

I need you Rinoa
>>
>>331400113
Rinoa isn't a sorceress there, champ. Quality 'theory'.
>>
>>331401257

I don't know why you're so eager to defend the writing of a game that by your own words was
>developed for those ages 12-16
and with such fallacious arguments. I really don't know why you bother.

Squall goes from being annoyed by her existence in the first disc to being absolutely obsessed with her in the second and third. While that might have made sense if the romance was in any way developed, Squall's shift in behavior is so jarring that calling it "mind control" is not entirely far-fetched. And I'm sorry, but that's not how human beings act, no matter what time or place they're in. I don't even know why you brought up rape and you're retarded for doing so, that has zero bearing on this game.
>>
File: nsis1.gif (4 MB, 577x394) Image search: [Google]
nsis1.gif
4 MB, 577x394
>>331401303
>the queen of the idiot plot trope
>attractive
>>
>>331401586
Not him but Squall probably felt responsible for letting the stupid girl he was supposed to protect get in trouble so he does everything in his power to save her
>>
Friendly reminder that Squall is pining hardcore for Seifer's sloppy seconds

Seifer deflowered that whore within an hour of meeting her
AND SHE LOVED IT

She only goes for Squall because she's trying to make Seifer jealous because she thinks Seifer found another woman (which he sort of did)

Instead of banging Quistis, Squall gets oneitis for a chick who's worse in every way, because Final Fantasy's creators decided from FF8 onwards they will never, EVER give you a main character you'll actually like
>>
>>331400113
so burn the witch
>>
File: image.png (338 KB, 687x683) Image search: [Google]
image.png
338 KB, 687x683
How do you pronounce Rinoa?
>>
>>331402468
Reh
No
Ah
>>
>>331402045
It was part of the rivalry with Seifer
>you cut my face?
>I'll cut your face
>you fucked Rinoa
>I'll fuck Rinoa
>>
>>331402045
>Instead of banging Quistis
>put a sultry teacher who wants to jump on her student's dick in the game
>make her only 1 year older than the student

You're fucking useless, Square.
>>
>>331402045
I liked Zidane
but that's because I'm not an angst ridden teenager with social issues.
>>
Does the game ever explain why they kept sorceress adel in orbit? Why not just shoot her body off into the abyss and be done with it?
>>
>>331401586
He was annoyed with her because Rinoa was basically mocking him for being a shut in. Squall didnt want to get close to anyone because he had abandonment issues from his childhood and Rinoa kept poking him about it. If you actually have Rinoa with you in the party whenever possible they have some natural progression where you get the sense that hey, maybe Squalls big wall of ice is melting over time.
Though this confusion is mostly Squares own fault. Whats the point of having all these optional scenes with Rinoa if most people wont even see them and then get confused when the game railroads Squall into falling in love with her anyway? Its like they planned for an optional romance but then decided its actually mandatory.
>>
>>331402468

Rih-no-ah

Almost like Winona
>>
>>331402631
Squall is shitty at rivalry then

You're meant to out-do your rival, not do worse

>Seifer nearly cuts Squall's head in half
>Squall leaves a tiny (by comparison) scar on Seifer's head

>Seifer takes Rinoa's virginity and makes her pathetically oneitis over him
>Squall oneitises over Rinoa and takes AGES to even get a kiss from her let alone a fuck

Squall's a little bitch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjDGts8Ha8
>>
>>331402998
Squall whooped Seifer's ass how many times again?
>>
>>331402998
Why do people say Seifer took her virginity?
Where's the proof?
She probably fucked some butler or something when she was 14
>>
>>331402838
I think they assumed that if she gets killed a new sorceress would appear eventually. Though this didnt work very well since Edea appeared anyway. Sorcerers are probably Hynes curse on humanity anyway so I doupt the god would allow such a simple trick to work.
>>
>>331402998
Seifer considers Squall his rival. Squall doesent give a shit. Seifer is the hot headed hero type who gets really emotional about everything. Squall is basically a mercenary who does his job and keeps his opinions to himself.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.