[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?
>>
looks neat, but I´m not willing to pay that much for a trackmania game.
Will probabbly pick it up on a sale
>>
Looks alright but it's probably going to die in a couple of days.
>>
Haven't played it but it looks like a dumbed down console version of the original games.

The cars seem slow and it doesn't penalize you enough for bumping against a wall (you barely lose any speed).

In the end it will all come down to the map editor and dedicated servers so that people can run their own list of tracks and music, also there is the social features like rating tracks, record breaking and shit.

Seeing how this will be published by Ubisoft they will most likely fuck up the freedom of doing all this shit, can't wait for the DLC map pack cause the editor will be shieeeet.
>>
>>331398658
>WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?

Dunno man but I'm going to hang around in the thread to find out.
>>
>>331401865
Same, loved TM1 and wanna know what the deal is here.
>>
I played a few rounds of it, it feels like Tracmania just like it should, but I didn't think it did anything new, like the only reason they made the game is to sell it on consoles. It's not "an upgrade" to older ones.
>>
>>331398658
Dumbed down trackmania for consoles.
I just want a sequel to canyon. That shit was awesome.
>>
Worst looking UI the series has had yet, and no dedicated server support allowing for crazy mods and music.
>>
>>331402713
fuck off with your DIFFIRENT BACKGROUND bullshit that splits the community.

>>331402650
the point of this is to actually bring the whole community together, they are scrapping the retarded canyon, stadion and other bullshit that just splits the community.

this might actually be pretty cool
>>
As others have said it's pretty much the console version of tm2 but also on pc for some reason.

tfw no Island
>>
lagoon mode will come to maniaplanet, just wait
i already have stadium2 and canyon so nothing to see in turbo
cars will be modded in
>>
Say goodbye to custom servers on PC.
>>
Only ever played Nations at school. Everyone would always attempt to get into the admin account (which was easy as shit) and just play it during I.T.
>>
I know turbo has no dedicated servers but I guess it doesn't have p2p for cars either?
>>
>>331403948
I know you can customize your cars but I don't know how deep the customization can go. 3D custom models won't probably be possible.
>>
>>331404321
oh my god it's horrible
https://youtu.be/sQMOq8ZBoaE?t=9m20s
>>
I honestly can't see ubisoft letting nadeo release another pc only trackmania again desu. Turbo will probably do well and they'll just keep making games like that.

Also where the fuck is questmania
>>
>>331403745
underage detected
>>
>>331403948
Heh, if there's "normal" online it will do.
I won't miss the horrible server UI and shitty jukebox most servers had.
>>
>>331398658
>WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?
CHECKPOINT
CHECKPOINT
CHECKPOINT
CHECKPOINT
CHECKPOINT
AHH YEAH A CHECKPOINT!
>>
Wait so there's no player servers? I'm fine with leaving the shitty jukeboxes and track intros behind but does that mean you're stuck playing the same shitty dev tracks forever?
>>
>>331404475
That's just Canyon. What the fuck?
>>
File: 1366305641822.jpg (47 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1366305641822.jpg
47 KB, 300x400
>>331398658
>Download beta on Xbone
>Have to create a uplay account to play it

Fuck off, Ubisoft.
>>
>>331398658
>WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?
Because Nadeo aren't intelligent enough to make a simple, Steam-integrated version of Trackmania. They keep on using these fucking terrible mandatory online account systems that absolutely no one wants in their games.
>>
I've played about 15 hours of it this weekend whilst watching movies or listening to podcasts. Comfy game right here
>>
File: 1449658730317.png (514 KB, 696x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449658730317.png
514 KB, 696x1000
>>331398658
it seems fine. I just played through all the White Campagin tracks for each type, and it both looks and plays great. I kinda like the new aesthetics as they put a shit ton of weird objects into the game, which crazy players will most likely make amazing tracks out of. Also, it seems like Ubisoft have left it somewhat untouched aside from the Ubisoft Club

I'm not sure if I feel like playing another Trackmania right now however...
For new people, this is going to be a great deal in terms of fun for your money, especially considering its budget price and how it is bound to go on sale and maybe even Playstation Plus on PS4
>>
It truly looks like the best TM game ever, but I can't be assed to pull myself away from SFV fever.
>>
>release tm2 on steam
>all the games are separate
>have to close one down to boot up into another
Why couldn't they just release Tm2 as one game on steam with each environment as dlc if they wanted to sell them separately that badly.
>>
>>331404475
>That car editor
God it's horrible, what's with the fucking load times?
>>
When you go out the map, it feels like you're playing mad max without the enemies
>>
>>331411924
Are you asking why Ubisoft is retarded?

Its just based Ubi.
>>
>>331411238
>playing games while watching a movie

what the fuck is wrong with you??
>>
What's the lagoon environment like anyway?
>>
>>331413734
Haha
>>
>>331408379
Checkpoints are fucking useless unless you're a bronze casual.
>>
>uPlay
>>
I hope you can speed drift and s4d with stadium cars
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.