[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tree of savior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: how is it.png (894 KB, 940x523) Image search: [Google]
how is it.png
894 KB, 940x523
SO HOW IS IT FAMILY
>>
Not really the savior of MMOs.

Not actually a successor to Ragnarok.

Typical grindy linear korean MMO. If that's your thing then go for it.
>>
File: pepe time.jpg (33 KB, 470x312) Image search: [Google]
pepe time.jpg
33 KB, 470x312
>>331396378
so its failure
>>
>>331396378
People overhyped the living shit out of this
>Nexon
>>
>>331395852

I'm looking for an mmo. should I pick up final fantasy 14 or elder scrolls online?
>>
>>331395852

Improved on RO in every way except the freeroaming, open world RO had. Though the developers have said they recognize people don't like the linear story and are working to develop ways for people to level just through grinding (like old RO).

I think they should just get rid of the EXP cards and just increase enemy EXP by a factor of 10. And the game will be fine. The combat and design is already miles ahead of RO. It just needs to change the way you level and have more open areas.
>>
>>331396614
OP here elder scrolls gets kinda boring way too fast
didnt try FF14
>>
>>331395852
Disappointing, they started hemorrhaging money during beta so they rushed it. The music and art are fantastic but leveling is doing boring quests for exp cards
>>
>>331396614

Dragon Quest X.

...oh wait.
>>
>>331396687
>be mmo
>linear
what is the meaning of this family
>>
>>331396614

FF14 is really, really awful.

>>331396687

Developers need to stop with the fucking linear story shit in MMOs.
>>
>>331396539
MMOs are a failure at the core.
Gone are the days of Ultima, gone are the days of pre-NGE Galaxies.

Just move on anon. There are plenty of other games to enjoy.
>>
>>331396859
No it's not faggot
>>
>>331396884
WoW was pretty fun...
until they started expansion shitfest...
>>
>>331396614
XIV is trash, and thats coming from someone who played from launch to a few months after the release of heavensward.
>>
>>331395852
>Long ass cooldowns on 99% of skills that costs a fuckton of mp
>heal over time pots that cost a fuck ton of money

only two things holding it back
>>
>>331396784

Pretty much every medium to high budget MMO is trying to copy World of Warcraft. Which means having set quests, a trinity system and more focus on single PvE gameplay.

Tree of Savior is kind of trying to break away from the trinity system. But they still made a lot of the early game focused on single player leveling. Hopefully they will change this over time.
>>
>>331396973
can you elaborate how is it so awful?
is it the quests? or lack of contents?
i was actually gonna try FF14
>>
>>331395852
The first beta was perfect.
>>
>that girl youve known forever and just recently realized you love and wish you could marry her but know it won't happen

What's her name, /v/?
>>
>>331396975
This is how old RO worked
>>
>>331396378
>Typical grindy linear korean MMO
dunno about linear, but wasn't ragnarok a typical grindy korean mmo?
>>
>>331397087
my ex?
shes married to some dude and is pregnant
desu i think i dodged a bullet
>>
Complete flop.
>Grindy as fuck with no real variety of areas to grind in
>Can easily fuck up your class if you don't plan carefully
>Nothing to do but kill things
>>
File: 1444517492133.jpg (300 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1444517492133.jpg
300 KB, 500x750
>>331396942

Not that guy, but I played FFXIV both at 2.0 launch and resubbed with Heavensward. Both times I quit after my 30 day period was done. Since the only thing to do after the main story is raiding and daily quests. The same shit every major MMO from WoW to Old Republic to Elder Scrolls has.

FFXIV is just a WoW clone. Its better than Old Republic or Wildstar. But still just WoW with a new coat of paint. So if you like what WoW does, you will probably like FFXIV. But many MMO fans are tired of WoW and its endless clones. We want a game where exploration, free leveling and open world PvP are the focus. Not a PvE story and gear grinding.
>>
Its action oriented so its already better than most MMOs. I played the Beta back when it was out and the graphics are gorgeous, but there was noticeable server lag. Dunno if they've fixed that.
>>
>>331397251
wasn't "CHOOSE SKILLS YOU LIKE" was the salespoint?
i h8 cookie cutter build bs
>>
Don't kiss
>>
>>331397142

>but wasn't ragnarok a typical grindy korean mmo?
It was the king of grindy Korean MMOs. This is a game where all bosses were world bosses, so anyone could attack them. And you'd have some bosses that only appeared once every day. On top of that, they would have a 0.01% chance to drop a card. Just calculate how long it takes for ONE person to get that card. And there would be 500+ people trying to fight the boss every time it spawned.
>>
Is it free2play?

Whats the difference between the f2p download and the paid one?
>>
>>331397589
paid one has ingame money and fucking cosmetic shits
>>
>>331397157
No you didnt.
>>
File: v in a nutshell.png (13 KB, 957x179) Image search: [Google]
v in a nutshell.png
13 KB, 957x179
>>331396859
>claims FF14 is awful
>doesn't state why
>>
>>331397589
1 month early access, some ingame cash equivalent and 2 hats that are currently exclusive.
>>
>>331397030
The main problem is the lack of diversity in content, the content available, and how absolutely lacking the world is.

To further elaborate the content of this game is released in the following cycle: New part of eight man raid, new 24 man raid, new part of eight man raid, new 24 man raid, et cetera with each of those being 3 months apart. The 24 man raid updates usually have enough content to last a whole two or three hours at max if you don't include how many times you have to repeat the 24 man raid ajd the other lesser content thats added. The eight man raids add four to five hours of content plus the time it takes for your group to figure out how to get their shit together so you can beat the raid.

This is the formula the game has fillowed since launch, no change to this formula was made even after heavensward was released. The game is a joke. If you want to shell out $15/month for a content update that lasts less then a day every three months and if you want to play a game where you'll explore the world once and then idle at your guild house because theres absolutely no point in being in any zone outside of cities or the current raid location or if you're gathering, then by all means go right ahead and subscribe!
>>
>>331395852
>50 bucks for a modern MMO
Yeah no.
>>
>>331397759
thanks for info family

>>331397779
its f2p desu
>>
File: namedropped.jpg (937 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
namedropped.jpg
937 KB, 1920x1080
The game is alright. As long as population stays high and it's not too P2W I'll stick around.
>>
>>331397351
There is always mathematically superior builds in literally everything. Its how things ALWAYS work. The idea that it wouldn't THIS TIME is stupid. The best you can ever do is something like FF14 or WoW or other major MMOs that spread out strong utility making everything worthwhile to at least a small extent.
>>
>>331397872
And I'd like to add that any other "content" thats added like The Hunt is literally just added as another way to get certain parts fir your raid gear. Literally the only endgame is the single raid they update once every six months. The formula HAS NOT changed since launch and they plan to continue to do it that way.
>>
>>331396614
Neither
>>
>>331395852
It looks nice graphically. I wish more developers would do this kind of 2D and not ugly fuck MUH RETRO PIXEL shit.

So what is there to do? Is it just non stop grinding?
>>
>>331398160
actually making on 3d is actually ezier and faster
i believe this game was like hand drawn method which was quite expensive but yeah graphic seems awsome
>>
>>331396942

Uh yes it is. FFXIV is a failure on every level. IT has a SHITLOAD of the most boring quests ever designed in an MMO (Literally kill x, deliver thing, fetch this). I counted. There's OVER 300 OF THESE BORING QUESTS until you actually get to endgame, now.

Jesus Christ, the story isn't even halfway decent until Heavensward when they actually give some of the people you interact with personalities. And even then the story is so fucking broken and disjointed they're constantly forgetting about major villains which they have, what... 6 of, now?

Yes, these quests are content. No, they're not good. It's a good thing they discourage playing through the game more than once because only the most autistic could handle it.

EVERY PLAYTHROUGH will be the exact same with some variance on styles for the different classes.

And for having such high praise for the design and cute girls? Literally sameface everywhere. This multi million dollar big name MMO has 4 face options for the races in the game, in which maybe 1 or 2 of them will be 'good'. Customization is fucking atrocious and while they have hundreds of different outfits, they're all so similar (coats, skirts, coats, robes, coats, more robes, more skirts, coats, all of the day bro) it really makes you wonder why there's so many people wearing a level 32 dungeon's set because it's the only thing with some color on it.

Endgame sucks. It's all tokens. Do your weekly and get some drop that you can trade in for gear. Even crafting and gathering endgame is this. Literally. They actually have tokens for gathering/crafting that you turn in for shit.

And try starting off as a level 1 crafter now. Anything that will make you good gil is about 5+ months of serious fucking grinding away. Not that it matters because gil is by and large worthless anyway.

Fuck.
>>
>>331397275
Yeah. That "we" being enough to support a playerbase of about 50k, maybe. Which is why it doesn't exist.
>>
>>331396614
Neither. FF14 gets old pretty fast. And god fucking damn, the 100 quests you need to do between level 50 story quests and actually getting access to heavensward is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>331396614
World of Warcraft Nostalrius
>>
>>331398160

At the moment, its pretty similar to how Ragnarok Online played at Beta. Just a handful of areas and set grinding paths. Hopefully it will open up as the game continues to develop. RO took a good 3 years after its official launch before it actually had decent 'content'. Such as third classes, high level dungeons and defending bases. This game seems to be doing the opposite. Focusing on adding tons of classes and areas early on, but putting EXP cards in as a band-aid for leveling. Hopefully they will fix the game and remove EXP cards later on.
>>
i thought early access isnt out till the 29th?
>>
File: shepherd.jpg (64 KB, 672x336) Image search: [Google]
shepherd.jpg
64 KB, 672x336
Is the game still missing half the classes that are supposed to be in? I would play it if I should be a fucking shepherd
>>
>>331398308
>Literally sameface everywhere.
Fucking this is the reason I can't get into FFXIV. I'd put up with the slow combat and everything if there was at least some variety to the characters.

I honestly have no idea how /vg/ shitter waifu fags can put up with this game.
>>
>>331397902
>95% of them are cute girls
As I would expect of a /vg/ general
>>
Just give me an MMO with a pet based class like mastermind was in COH. I would ignore everything else shit about it if I could just get that.
>>
Its ok if you want comfy.

I mean this game has a lot of comfy environments that are just pretty to look at. Grab some friends, do some comfy RP to, kill off any ERPers trying to ruin your comfy, and find a nice tent to sit around and be social in.

The harder classes can be fun to mess around in even though you probably won't do much damage or whatever, but its grindy and the bosses are shit to fight against.
>>
>>331398325

Older games like RO and Star Wars Galaxies had a playerbase of 500k-1 million at their peak. And those games focused a lot more on open ended gameplay.

But yes, you are right. The majority of MMO fans these days just want an NPC to tell them where to go and the trinity system. Which is why MMOs are never going to improve.
>>
>>331398508
Heres your zombays senpai
>>
>>331397351
>wasn't "CHOOSE SKILLS YOU LIKE" was the salespoint?
Oh don't get me wrong, it was fairly open ended on builds. There were three things I remember though.
1. Swordsman, their jobs had different weapons available and many of their skills required a certain weapon type equipped (add to that, their mount class couldn't even use the non-mount skills, though this may have changed)
2. Wizard, Linker was pretty fucking desired by groups to have at least one rank in for the damage link. There was also issues with MP making Psychokino a bad synergy with some of the big cost classes or other MP draining classes like Sorc and Necro.
3. Variety, some classes have really good tier three skills, but basically fucking all of them had dull as bricks or just flat out bad tier two skills, so you had to decide between going straight through or grabbing another class and delaying the tier three that much longer.
All aside though, I'm tempted occasionally to play the release because who knows how that has changed and fucking Psychokino was kick ass, especially with cryo for that ice shard storm thing.
>>
Are the servers still laggy as fuck? I lost interest in the second beta because of that; it was literally unplayable.
>>
>>331398404
Rank7 is in and there's 3 secret classes added.

From what I understand, they scrapped the idea of having 10 runs down to 8, and instead all the classes they cut off will become secret classes.

Everyone should watch this trailer. It's the same as steam's trailer but better quality. It's actually the korean open beta trailer, but it shows more or less everything that's in. Stuff like Shinobi, Musketeer, Cannoneer, and Templar the guild leader class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sayYpOhqJXg
>>
>>331398460

Height sliders, tit sliders (No bulge sliders though. How unfair), and if you're lucky, muscle sliders.

And even after all this limitation over half the hairstyles will still clip through armors/clothes.
>>
File: 1449721814908.jpg (93 KB, 335x470) Image search: [Google]
1449721814908.jpg
93 KB, 335x470
>>331398617
Anyone who dropped iCBT2 before getting to the 160s or before 2 weeks missed out. iCBT2 was literally a stress test, it's obvious it was going to be shit at first.

So many fucking people on /v/ come in here with the exact same complaints, like the client errors, the lag, or the samey progression. But those people literally played for a couple of hours before dropping it.

In particular, you guys missed when IMC announced a south america server just so they could contain the cesspool of BRs that were annoying everyone.
>>
So what the fuck was even the appeal of this or Ragnarok Online? These games have literally no actual content.
>>
>>331398781
>And even after all this limitation over half the hairstyles will still clip through armors/clothes.
At least there is an option to change your hairstyle fairly easily.
Imagine if you picked a nice hair and found out it clipped literally fucking everything and couldn't change it?

>>331398807
>WTB Arde Dagger 550k
Is that shit still the best off-hand for literally everything?
>>
>>331395852
I legitimately think its one of the most original and enjoyable MMOs to come out in a while
>>
>>331398957
I would think that too if they designed the bosses better.
>>
>>331398308
>And try starting off as a level 1 crafter now. Anything that will make you good gil is about 5+ months of serious fucking grinding away. Not that it matters because gil is by and large worthless anyway.

You're retarded, you can easily make millions with the low level recipes, nobody makes them so the profit margins are way higher than they should be
>>
File: every MMO ever.webm (877 KB, 1265x14) Image search: [Google]
every MMO ever.webm
877 KB, 1265x14
>>331398807
>>
>>331398807

After the first couple days, the majority of 'BR' spamming was coming from now Brazillians just trying to keep the meme alive. I just turned off global chat after a while. Which just shows how the community goes out of its way to kill itself in every online game.

And this is probably why most MMOs are focusing on single player gameplay where you can ignore others. Its the only way the game will survive more than one month. Because if you had to rely on other people like you did back in UO or RO, you would quit the game. The MMO fans are the worst people on the internet after MOBA fans.
>>
File: 111132320be11.png (421 KB, 673x680) Image search: [Google]
111132320be11.png
421 KB, 673x680
>Nexon

no thanks
>>
>>331398609
>Psychokino/Cryo in PvP
>BUILD ICE WALL, THEN KILL THEM THROUGH IT WITH YOUR MIND
So good it got nerfed.
>>
>MMO
>good

Pick one

MMO is a dead stagnated genre.
>>
>>331396614
What a choice.

>Should I drink bleach or gouge my eyes out?
>>
>>331398987
I still have many gripes with the game, and that would be one of my main issues too.
>>
>>331398957

It mostly seems original because it is closer to Diablo gameplay than World of Warcraft was. The design is somewhat original too. But really its one of the few MMOs that tries to have real time combat and Diablo style zones. In this way, the game would actually be better if it was just free roaming and grinding off enemies. And not 'a boss every 10 feet' that gives out EXP cards.
>>
>>331399043
nexon in korea

imc self publishes it through steam

not that imc is any good either but still
>>
>>331399049
Did it fucking really?
Well that solved if I was gonna pick the game up since it was on full release or not.
May as well just play a boring highlander again.
>>
>>331398995

And nobody wants them either so good luck selling them. But sure enjoy making 100 HQ electrum rings of crafting to make a million gil.
>>
File: 1452739282824.jpg (284 KB, 880x817) Image search: [Google]
1452739282824.jpg
284 KB, 880x817
>>331398930
There are slightly better higher level daggers, and shields with the same effect although inferior. It's not as dominant as before but still strong.

>>331399043
People still throwing this meme around. Nexon is not involved.
>>
>>331399210
Dont forget the classes and class interaction. Some of the shit you can pull makes me diamonds.
>be hoplite
>have one of the most powerful crit buffs in the game
>but it only applies to yourself
>get a linker in your party
>suddenly your whole party is a death machine
>>
>>331399268
The principles of selling shit on any market just apply moreso to the lower level shit.

You don't flood the market with 100 of something, that's obviously retarded. You diversify into a bunch of small stuff, and yes it will sell relatively quickly and you can make plenty of gil.
>>
>>331399305
>There are slightly better higher level daggers
So...the upgraded versions of it?
Be honest, how is the game compared to iCBT2?

>>331399408
>thought linker was neat as shit when I first saw it
>Literally fucking everyone uses it because it's so stupidly powerful
>>
>>331396884
>>
I stopped playing around level 40-50 in the english beta so I wouldn't get too bored of the game, but then everyone started bashing on it and focusing on its flaws enough that I didn't want to play it again. Reading this thread and being reminded of all the cool stuff you can do with class combinations is making me remember why I wanted to play the game in the first place. When does it get out of beta for non-Koreans? Also, that music.
>>
File: 412342.png (42 KB, 628x251) Image search: [Google]
412342.png
42 KB, 628x251
>>331395852
49.99$
>>
>>331399528
>>Literally fucking everyone uses it because it's so stupidly powerful
Yeah it was better once I got to the higher levels, you started getting more diverse classes that were not just

>linker
>linker
>hoplite
>linker
>that one faggot who played a ranger
>>
>>331395852
>>331396784
>>331397872

You're not related to me, stop calling me family.
>>
>>331399568
It's difficult to discern what this graph is even trying to represent?
>>
File: 1454351592269.png (663 KB, 802x984) Image search: [Google]
1454351592269.png
663 KB, 802x984
>>331399528
Korean beta launched with easily over twice the content. We had a new starting town, and a whole set of maps from 1-100 for that. Then there was 200-280 maps that were missing from iCBT2. That's just from maps.

As for Linker, they made it less retarded by making AoE skills not suddenly do 5x damage to all the monsters. It's still godly but not as much anymore.

There are still glaring issues with it, specially with balance. Some classes are just outright bad. Rodelero, Bokor, Squire to name a few.
>>
>>331399656
Free. The Beta is paid.

>>331399767
How? It's a vertical % of the number of subscribers to MMO's across 100% of subscribers.

This mean that in 1998, Ultimate had 65% of the Subscribers

Wow in 2010 had 70%.
>>
>>331399568

The biggest problem with MMOs is every one (except a few like EVE) are expecting to surpass World of Warcraft. When back in the early days with games like RO, Ultima and even Everquest, they expected a modest playerbase. A game like RO getting 500k subs was a massive success. While a game like FFXIV sitting at around 400k is a huge failure.

MMOs are the most bloated and expensive games out there. They need to downsize and become the modest, medium budget games they used to be.
>>
>>331399851
>Bokor
But zombies. Also, if the hexing combo didn't take so much mp to use, it would be perfectly fine, though it does do some damn decent damage.
>>
File: 1432872992470.gif (60 KB, 230x270) Image search: [Google]
1432872992470.gif
60 KB, 230x270
>>331399767
>cant read a graph

underage or highschool dropout?
>>
>>331399974
If you look the ones they do something different end up with a small but stable player base like FF XI, Dofus and runescape.
I think it's a very corporate thing where nobody want to fill a chance it's got for the top or bust.
>>
So is it out or not? I'm seeing March 29th and April 29th?
>>
File: 1440235632596.jpg (40 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1440235632596.jpg
40 KB, 453x604
>>331395852
>pay 2 play scheme at release
>they didn't bother to fix the fucking AI
>shit enemies, shit mechanics
>uninteresting spells and classes
>linear as fuck dungeons
>uninteresting enemies
>bosses and enemies take no skill altogether
>crafting system is garbage
it was so disappointing, still is, and will be
>>
>>331399656
I wonder if any of those key sites will sell Russian keys
>>
>>331399231
>>331399305
I think Nexon should've been involved this time around, they didn't try to push early access bullshit and decided to release the game immediately instead.
>>
>>331399462

Nigga I've played the market before. Low level shit is crap at making gil. Sure you can find some decent margins but that shit moves slow as fuck and takes too much time to research. If you're a NEET maybe you can crank out that shit for millions but the best way to do it is be at endgame where you're spending 10 minutes to crank out 5 mil worth of shit.

And even beyond the autism of collecting gil for nothing, it's nice to be self reliant. In order to make anything even remotely relevant, prepare your anus for a 5 month grind.
>>
File: 1455989136957.jpg (668 KB, 711x1197) Image search: [Google]
1455989136957.jpg
668 KB, 711x1197
>>331400018
Minor stuff like this has been revamped for pretty much every class. I'd suggest playing the game again. So, so much has changed.
>>
>>331400136
How is it a scheme?
"This DLC will act as an access pass upon launch and will allow exclusive access to the Founder's Server for 1 month to show appreciation to the players that wish to show us support from the very beginning. Tree of Savior will be totally free to play in one month, so please only purchase this DLC if you want instant access. "
>>
>>331400107
Dofus is stable? I thought it pretty much died for Wakfu?
>>
>>331400191
The point is that you can easily make enough to be self reliant off low level crafting, yes you won't be cranking out 5mil in 10 minutes, but it also didn't take you 200 hours of grind to be able to sustain yourself, which you seem to think is required
>>
File: 1362465229722.jpg (115 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
1362465229722.jpg
115 KB, 960x717
How are summons/minions in this game?
Last for 30s shit or permanent crazies?
>>
>>331400304
No wakfu is a complete fuck up.
Dofus is a better game in pretty much every way so most people stuck with it.
>>
File: slime.gif (392 KB, 468x311) Image search: [Google]
slime.gif
392 KB, 468x311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfbFhKeYP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQLRrA4n4j0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra-hLHJBwoM

>you'll never get to play the true best MMO on the market in English

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS
>>
>>331400370
Meh, a lot of Dofus stuff seem pretty old.

Man, I remember when people were rumoring that Enustrof stole the party loot. How dumb were people.
>>
It's fun.

https://u.pomf.is/jdozxg.webm
>>
Question to the people that have played and kinda know well the game by now: So if I want to be the special snowflake, and choose a class/job combination that not lot of people use but its still pretty good to have what are my choices?
>>
>>331399568
more proof that WoW is the aids of gaming, I tried to save you /v/ but you have forsaken me
>>
>>331399676
>>that one faggot who played a ranger
Speaking of, are the Archer classes not total shit anymore? I remember part of it was the stat weights being fucking terrible.

>>331399851
>As for Linker, they made it less retarded by making AoE skills not suddenly do 5x damage to all the monsters. It's still godly but not as much anymore.
So it shares a % of the damage instead of full on sharing for stupid things like a Highlander using Cartar Stroke to kill an entire dungeon pack in one hit?

>>331400239
So wait, can someone not even play the game right now unless they pay?
>>
>>331400541
WoW was great. Made MMO more casuals and simpler to play. Before WoW, you either had full grind fests or extremely unbalanced and complicated and hardcore experiences.
>>
>>331400567
It will be free in a month. You pay to have a one month headstart pretty much. .
http://store.steampowered.com/app/372000/
>>
>>331399902
>Wow has 70% of the total MMO subscribers while Aion has 90%
>>
>>331400567
You have to pay to access the open beta, the game fully launches as F2P in a month. It's not so different from what a lot of MMOs have been doing recently, it's still shit and doesn't excuse any game, but you don't have to pay if you just wait a month.
>>
>>331400484

I liked mage. What's the best build/path??
>>
File: 1445839781383.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445839781383.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>331400402

As a massive DQ fan, I feel the pain ten fold. Not only is it the best non WoW clone out there, but also a main series Dragon Quest game.

And we'll never get it because SquareEnix is so scared of it competing with FFXIV. But even more stupid, SE won't even release it in Korea/China. Where MMOs are a fucking lifestyle. Its amazing to what length SquareEnix will go to avoid making money.
>>
>>331400519
All the decent classes will be popular. Special snowflake classes usually mean you'll have to work twice as hard to keep up with the rest.
>>
>>331400607

Your statements contradict each other. The fact of making MMos more 'casual' doesn't make it more fun to play for core MMO fans. And because of how much WoW kept dumbing down itself over each expansion caused many of the people who got into MMOs with WoW to now hate all the WoW clones.
>>
File: 1455674867829.png (293 KB, 580x750) Image search: [Google]
1455674867829.png
293 KB, 580x750
>>331400519
There are cookie cutter builds already but there's always people finding new skill combinations that weren't known before.

It's perfectly possible to take a snowflake build and still be useful, though some combinations are outright just bad.

>>331400567
Highlander's Cartar Stroke was nerfed fucking hard, it's just another damage skill now. Instead they gave Skyliner 0 cooldown and they became the #1 choice in the Swordsman tree.

In iTOS though, datamining revealed that SKyliner has cooldown though, so apparently it's one of the skilsl that's being nerfed for the international version. Highlanders being OP and then shit again after rebalances is one of the memes at /tosg/.

As for linker, they changed it so AoE skills don't share damage. For instance, if you used an AoE skill on all 5 linker targets, they'd all get hit and they'd all spread damage to each other, so you'd be essentially multiplying your damage by 5.
>>
>>331400672
You clearly dont know how to read.

Let say that I have 100 person. WoW had 70 person, Aion had 15 person. Dofus was 2 person.

It total it make 100% of the subscriber base. The top games are newer while old games stay in the middle. The SIZE of the portion the graphic shows, is how many % of the total MMO market subscription were linked to the game.
>>
>>331395852
Is it not f2p? Do I have to pay to be on a server or some shit?
>>
>>331400739
Since Yoshida hacked his way into becoming the head of the entire SE MMO division, it wouldn't be a surprise if he's the one cockblocking its western release, because it would cut into his budget, especially his e-fame tour and vacation budget.
>>
>>331400739
Didn't this get a release in SEA with an English translation?
>>
>>331400519

Most builds are viable. Just some builds (mostly support) take a lot more work to level. I also found leveling up to a Monk to be a real pain because some of the earlier classes before Monk are support. And none of my friends wanted to play the game with me, so I had to do it all solo.
>>
>>331400842
Of course it does. Not having to have 7 hours empty to make a low level dungeon was great.
Not having to read guides about how to find a quest is great.

WoW made the game accessible and easy to learn and play. A newcomer knew exactly how to play the game, without an intrusive tutorial.

Having quest NPC marked with a giant ! made it easy to XP and find where to go.

It's much better than just droppingt he player somewhere and him having to wander off and get killed in high level areas.
>>
>>331400885
game isnt technically 'released' yet, it'll be f2p in a few weeks

gotta pay for the >founders pack to play now
>>
File: 1267234957.jpg (197 KB, 678x945) Image search: [Google]
1267234957.jpg
197 KB, 678x945
>>331395852
It's shit, a Diablo clone with always online DRM and kawaii girls
If you want real dead, get Grim Dawn or Van Helsing
>>
>>331400885
f2p with jewish intent
>>
>>331400661
>>331400716
That's dumb. I probably would have caved and downloaded tonight, but I won't remember a month from now.

>>331400843
>Highlander's Cartar Stroke was nerfed fucking hard, it's just another damage skill now.
But... It WAS just a damage skill.
>>
>>331401047
Just make an alert on your calendar saying "Tree of life"?
>>
>>331400928

Yoshida was one of the five major directors of Dragon Quest X. It was because of his work on DQX that he actually got put in charge of FFXIV.

But he has also made statements that he thinks the game would need a complete overhaul to 'appeal to western fans'. Which makes me think that Yoshida thinks all western fans want World of Warcraft. And if that is his line of thinking, he couldn't be farther from the truth. If anything, Dragon Quest X would have the potential to stand out because it would be one of the few games that doesn't try to copy WoW. Something a huge chunk of the MMO market has been waiting for.
>>
>>331401047
Cartar Stroke was THE damage skill, because it was doing way more hits than it was supposed to be doing. Rather than nerfed, it was fixed.

You'll read more on Tree of Savior in the upcoming month here on /v/, you can be sure of it.
>>
>>331400968

I used to think like you did. Back in the days of RO and SWG. But streamlining everything to the point of the game playing itself is not an improvement. As you are implying.
>>
>>331400843
Can you tell me a combinations of jobs that are just no-no? Also one more question, that swordy job that used formations was deleted right? I think it was centurion? I looked on google but found no confirmation about it being gone.
>>
>>331397142
yes it was, i dont know why people like RO so much, thick nostalgia glasses
>>
File: 1455587440794.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1455587440794.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>>331400402

I think it's pretty fair.
>>
>>331400849
Then in 2010 WoW didn't have 70% at all.

The figures listed on the Y axis don't correlate at all with what the graph represents, since any cross point besides 100 and 0 on the Y axis aren't consistent.
>>
>>331400947

There was rumors that the game was going to be released in some Asian nations with a translation. But I don't think it happened. And even if it got released somewhere like Hong Kong or Singapore, SquareEnix will have IP blocks for it. Just like no one outside of Japan can get onto the Japanese server. Even if you buy a Japanese account and pay by a Japanese credit card, SquareEnix goes out of their way to block you. This company is trying everything it can to piss off its fans.
>>
File: 1455480556464.jpg (2 MB, 2150x3071) Image search: [Google]
1455480556464.jpg
2 MB, 2150x3071
>>331401310
Centurions were buggy as fuck and not really needed, so they were moved up.

Things you need to watch out in class combinations are mostly imcompatibilities. For instance, you never EVER want to take Fencer when you have Hoplite, Cataphract, or Dragoon in your build. Those classes are spear locked, while Fencer is rapier locked.

Gotta be careful with riding classes, too. Some skills just cannot be used mounted. Some of those are obvious, such as being unable to use Hunter's pet commands while riding. Some are less obvious, such as being unable to use Cartar Stroke while riding. There's a list of restricted mount skills in the /tosg/ pastebin.
>>
File: 1458415117501.jpg (994 KB, 1141x1141) Image search: [Google]
1458415117501.jpg
994 KB, 1141x1141
>>331400843
>applied for the CBT, never got in
>wanted to go the 2H route for Swordsman
>eventually forget about this game
>see this thread, game apparently comes out in a month
>"Highlanders being OP and then shit again after rebalances is one of the memes at /tosg/"
>I won't know which skills are good, which are bad, how many points to put into them and how many times I should take a class
I'm going to absolutely ruin my first character, I fucking hate that feeling
>>
>>331401134
He did design work on the game, but still worked under other far more competent directors, especially motherfucking Horii. He was just the loudest scapegoat at the time who also happened to play other MMOs, and the one who convinced Wada it was better to just rehash WoW because it's what sells, before Wada himself got sacked.

Now he's the head of the MMO division and most likely the one cockblocking DQX in the west. Especially because it was his decision to start slowing down FFXI's updates, after two years of consistent and solid monthly updates, to pave the way for the mobile port, which he also handled himself to Nexon. He wants his shit WoW clone to be SE's main worldwide MMO, because it means more budget for himself, which he promptly wastes on tours and vacations.

The second DQX releases here, everyone would flock into it, assuming it has competent management over here, which it will never have.
>>
>>331401194
>Cartar Stroke was THE damage skill, because it was doing way more hits than it was supposed to be doing. Rather than nerfed, it was fixed.
Ah, I didn't even realize.

>>331401310
>Can you tell me a combinations of jobs that are just no-no?
Not him, but spreading out too much, especially on swordsman, isn't a good idea.
>>
>>331401325
You're so fucking retarded that I think you're just baiting at this point.
>>
>>331401536
What a shame, I liked the idea behind centurion. Thanks a lot for the info. You were really helpful bro.
>>
File: 1443275401681.jpg (181 KB, 1366x837) Image search: [Google]
1443275401681.jpg
181 KB, 1366x837
>>331399902
>>331400849
You're a dumbass

>>331400672
>>331401325
He's a dumbass

It's hilarious that he was trying to explain to the other guy how to read the graph when he can't read it himself.
>>
>>331401325
Wow in 2010 had from 20 to 90% in 2008. That's 70% of the total subscriber base. How can you not understand that? In 2010 it had 60% due to the Aion release taking 20% of the shown subscriber base.
>>
If I'm an autist can I play solo?
>>
>>331397351
Yeah, didn't work out there.

Wanna go non-int build with the cleric line? lol no you don't.
Which means your only actual option when you go to class rank 2 is... hm... let's see here... Krivis and ONLY Krivis.
Wanna go Sadhu for DPS? Welp, you better go back and do Cleric 2 in preparating, then. No ifs and or buts. Suddenly, your first 120 levels of play are decided.
>>
File: 1457413887062.jpg (2 MB, 2149x3070) Image search: [Google]
1457413887062.jpg
2 MB, 2149x3070
>>331401551
Ruining your first character is something everyone should go through in MMOs. Tree of Savior does not hold you hand in this regard.

If you're so scared, hop by /tosg/. We've been guiding clueless fags like you for over a week now. But please read the pastebin and do your research before posting.

>>331401670
Centurion is still comming at later ranks, it was just pushed up. You can get Templar now, which is a class specific for creating guilds. Think of like Ragnarok Online guild skills, but in the shape of a class.
>>
>>331401559

We'll probably never really be told who is blocking Dragon Quest X. Just like we've never been told who was blocking the 3DS Dragon Quest games, and now we're getting two of them.

But I think the idea that Yoshida is pullin this big conspiracy to block the game is a bit of a stretch. He's worked on three Dragon Quest games in the past. And the whole blocking of Dragon Quest games goes back well before Dragon Quest X or FFXIV existed.

More than likely, its either the director of localization or someone else above Yoshida. It's gotta be someone even higher up than Yuji Horii.
>>
>>331401551

You can level a character in TOS to level 40 in a day. You can easily just make a second character after you learn how all the systems work.
>>
>>331401686
Did you fail math or you are just special? That's not a parrallax diagram.
>>
>>331400195
Is it in an open international beta now or something? Been out of the loop since the closed one.
>>
File: 1451356112424.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1451356112424.gif
866 KB, 352x224
you know its not really that bad but not that amazing either
but i really just want RO 2
>>
>>331400402
That looks incredibly boring. Just why, exactly, would you want to play FFXIV-lite when FFXIV is already a shit game?
>>
>>331399002
>Which just shows how the community goes out of its way to kill itself in every online game.
Holy fuck, this. Every time a new MMO (bad or not) comes out nowadays, the global chats are always filled with memelord 12-year olds that think shitting up games is an ebin pastime. And you can't just play on another server because every server but meme central is going to be dead in a month.
>>
Did they change anything relevant since the last iCBT?
>>
>>331401975
RO2 exists anon and I wish it didn't.
>>
File: 598514-ro2ss.jpg (463 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
598514-ro2ss.jpg
463 KB, 1280x1024
>>331401975

>but i really just want RO 2
No, you really don't.
>>
>>331396614
Heart of Thorn
I didn't like the vanilla version and i can understand the hate of some people but still this one is actually worth playing since it's actually fun and unique. Maybe it just hit my taste.
>>
>>331402075
The intro trailer music is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w7L_gmnm0
>>
>>331402003

Dragon Quest X is made by the FFIX team and the Dragon Quest team. The point is it plays nothing like FFXIV.
>>
For people with mostly positive outlooks on it.... is it worth $10 to jump in, or just wait til next month?
>>
>>331402161

All the music for that game is good. It wins the award for 'best music in a shit game'.
>>
File: some people are fucking stupid.png (247 KB, 1333x789) Image search: [Google]
some people are fucking stupid.png
247 KB, 1333x789
>>331401962
This is how you're supposed to read it.

Go back to fucking middle school underage b&
>>
File: reiter 2.png (639 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
reiter 2.png
639 KB, 720x1280
>>331401970
Yes. 1 month early access, F2P after. Buying any of the EA packages give you a fucking ton of cash shop currency that's worth more than if you had bought it directly, so it's an okay deal.

You'll probably want to start like this anyway because the game has an EVE-like subscription system. You can buy 30 days VIP server with a cash shop item, but you can trade that item in-game. So after the first month you can probably make enough money in-game to buy it with in-game currency.

>>331402034
Read the thread. Literally almost everything.

>>331401975
The source code for RO is all dumped in Hercules and rAthena emulators. Yes, it's like a million lines of C code, but it's all there. If you had the drive and some artistic skills, it'd be perfectly possible to recreate Ragnarok Online 1:1 in Unreal Engine 4 using that.
>>
>>331402235

Just wait until its free to play. Unless you really want to play it early. Then I'd say $10 is fine. Since you'll get well over 10 hours of gameplay from it.
>>
>>331402101
>tfw i played that version and i loved it
>then i played the actual RO2

The first version was so good, and that fucking OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PmRttvQ4-A&list=RDQIGyDHdAMc4&index=3
>>
>>331402101
The first iteration was better, they basically just translated the game systems into a 3D engine

The second one was literally WoW copying trash. It was more faithful to you Myung Jin Lee's illustrations and artstyle though.

He really should have stuck to the comic, imo.
>>
>>331402101
>>331402075
all i wanted was ro1 with ro2 graphics

christ
ro2 beta consfused the shit out of me when i tried it
theyre trying to somewhat emulate wow's weapon skills system but it just didnt feel right
your weapons had an xp system but for what reason?
this is an mmo where you constantly get gear upgrades

and ro2:lots was simply a WAY shittier version of rose online
hell at least rose online was non-linear and open world
and its made by the same devs that worked on ro1 for fucks sake
>>
>>331402262
That's what I just said.
I said 60% because I did not do the lines.
You just explained, what I just said because I got the wrong year ?
>>
>>331401840
>Ruining your first character is something everyone should go through in MMOs. Tree of Savior does not hold you hand in this regard.
I know and I do like not being handheld and being able to branch out even if it means mistakes are made but I'm a minmaxfag at heart so getting past the initial failures always hurts, especially since I'm dumb. And I do actually have the /vg/ pastebin open, thank you.

>>331401932
That helps a lot, thanks.
>>
>>331402202
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even watch those videos? They're exactly alike. I do hope you know YoshiP was directly involved with the development of DQX too. He served as it's lead designer.
>>
>>331402310
So what does the VIP thing do? I'm guessing that's what the 60 day coin in the highest Early Access bundle is for.
>>
>>331402310
Yeah, but how old is that code and from which version

wasn't that source leak from like 2003 from a disgruntled Gravity dev?
>>
>>331399568
>Second Life included despite it being a virtual world with optional sub that most don't get
>Aion having that many people, 100% bullshit

The most accurate thing on that graph is the trend showing wow shrinking, though. Too bad people are still stupid enough to pay for it. I've not gotten WoD and Legion looks fucking retarded too, the WoW we knew and actually liked is gone, anyone lingering is lying to themselves.

ToS may not be the RO2 we wanted, but I'm still gonna play it because it's close enough and at least a new world to explore for a month or two at least. I'll probably be hungry for the real iRO afterward.
>>
>>331402558
>100% bullshit

Are you saying that Aion did not have around 20% of Subs for a year?
>>
>>331402512

>I watched a video and know exactly how a game plays!

Just the use of a menu system instead of hotkeys proves they don't play 'exactly the same'. Let alone ranged based attacks, being able to push/block enemies and many other systems that FFXIV doesn't use.

But sure. Just because both games have 3D graphics, they are the same.
>>
>>331395852
It isn't even playable yet, is it?...
>>
>>331402662
Correct. It wasn't nearly that popular, it wasn't as bad as some others no but that's way too many subs for such a shit game that even the players complained about from day one.
>>
File: 1454940705515.png (873 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
1454940705515.png
873 KB, 600x813
>>331402101
>>331402402
>People on /v/ who played Gates of The World

I though I was the only one who cared enough to play that. I played the second iteration too and I always thought it was better, too.

I wish I had screenshots from back then.

>>331402513
>>>/vg/135815139

>>331402517
The game's original source code is from 2003. It told us everything we needed to know about how the game worked at the most intimate level. The stuff they added since wasn't leaked, but emulators have followed closely and they work at least 99% exactly like the private servers. The code is definitely different but the game plays mostly the same.

The stuff that's the most unclear is Renewal mechanics, but that's not the RO you would want to recreate, right?
>>
>>331402714
Not till the 29th but a closed beta went on today and there's been quite a few before
>>
>>331402735
That's not what the numbers say.
>>
Least the crafting and gathering in FFXIV is more innovated and hands on than other mmos.
>>
>>331402868
>crafting
i enjoyed the shit out of it

>gathering
kill yourself
>>
>>331402868

The gathering classes are more interesting than the main combat classes. But the crafting itself is the worst part of FFXIV hands down. And is not that different from WoW crafting aside from the thousands of filler items that aren't useful.
>>
>>331400038
>underage or highschool dropout?
He might just be a college graduate.
>>
>>331402868
The Crafting is. It was (questionably) better in 1.0, too. The gathering, however, is fucking boring, you just click on the node, and choose which item to gather, just like any other game. The "rare" nodes and hidden ones you have to waste hits on to reveal are completely retarded mechanics.
>>
>>331402681
You're the one who linked the videos, anon. If you didn't want people thinking they played similarly then you probably shouldn't link videos that showcase identical features.
>>
>>331402825
Is it still f2p? I keep hearing shit about people who have bought the game for like $60 or something.
>>
>>331402813
Wow, it's worth getting the VIP token but putting limitations on shit like trading and how many items you can put up on the market? What the heck is wrong with these people? I don't remember any of the other Korean MMORPGs I've played being this silly.
>>
>>331403063
It's a F2P with a closed beta.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/372000/
>>
>>331403038

>You're the one who linked the videos, anon.
No I'm not. At least three other people have mentioned DQX in this thread besides myself. And I'm just pointing out that it plays nothing like FFXIV.
>>
>>331395852
Is this western?
>>
>>331399752
calm down senpaitachi
>>
>>331403063
It won't be f2p till April 29th, at least. You can pay $50, $30, or $10 to get access around Mar 29th or so depending on which package you get.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372000
>>
>>331402402
the first one was pretty much a wow clone also imo
but it was more unique itself

the second one was just unforgivable with the route they went with
it wasnt even a wow clone because that would be a fucking compliment

i couldnt fucking stand how linear that shit
it was so fucking bad
>>
>>331402868
The crafting in this is a lot better than other WoW clones, but the system people SHOULD be copying is EQ2's. Not sure how it was in EQ1 since I didn't play it, so if it was the same, then don't get mad.
>>
>>331403137
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiT9cBlzu8Y

Nobody believes you, anon.
>>
>>331401323
Because he just highlighted the difference. RO was grindy, but it wasn't linear. You had total freedom to explore the world and go where you wanted to go and fight what monsters you wanted to fight. The game also spread passive and aggressive enemies of various levels all throughout the game world and within single maps, so low-level players would regularly come across high-level players and they'd interact.

This is one of the big reasons why RO is good and ToS is shit: ToS just strings you along a quest line like many other MMOs demanding you go to X and kill Y for Z Y asses, and every map just has enemies that are only passingly difficult for your level, and everyone else on the map is going to be the same level as you doing the same thing. RO didn't do that shit. It let you make your own choice of how to get from level 1 to 99 and how to get the equipment you wanted.
>>
>>331403238
It felt like a random generic korean wow clone that threw in a handful of Ragnarok mobs and Job Names. Then threw in a bunch of new shit that didn't matter or relate to the original RO and by 30 your class was still boring as fuck

I was very sad.
>>
File: 1455829910553.jpg (3 MB, 3071x2150) Image search: [Google]
1455829910553.jpg
3 MB, 3071x2150
>>331403098
IMC is deathly afraid of gold farming bots. It works in kTOS though, they're pretty much inexistant.

For iTOS, there won't be 1:1 trading at launch. Period. It was like this in kTOS too for like 2 months and only THEN they allowed features like 1:1 trading and shared inventory between characters. But even then those are extremely restricted and only for Token'd users.

It's one of the biggest issues with the game, but you learn to deal with it.
>>
>>331395852
I thought servers weren't up yet?
>>
>>331403316
Fly Wings to have a mage level on Geodes while avoiding the sand penii Hodes...man those were the days.

Low level mobs dropping useful cards (Creamy Card, anyone?) helped keep high lvls in lower maps too. The generally random seeming map layout (high lvl, low lvl, mixing and matching them a bit) made it more interesting, and dangerous, to explore, but you could.

The whole "passive mob" thng is something most MMOs have forgotten. Seeing a high lvl passive mob that's not just some random cow or shit is nice. But no, "Make them worry about aggro, fuck that."
>>
>>331403395
Yeah, I didn't think of it stopping gold farmers, but I'm sure there will still be bots regardless killing the uncommon semi-boss enemies like those two big turnips next to the mines near the beginning of the game.
>>
>>331403408
They're not, but there's been betas even today, and it's downloadable.
>>
>>331403512
>The whole "passive mob" thng is something most MMOs have forgotten. Seeing a high lvl passive mob that's not just some random cow or shit is nice. But no, "Make them worry about aggro, fuck that."

I was immensely disappointed when I realised that I wasn't going to be seeing any more passive mobs in ToS after going through a few maps. Passive mobs was a key element of RO's design, and it was always hilarious seeing some novice go attack a Creamy and get their shit kicked in, much like what happened to you when you first started RO too.
>>
how is the grind.

i literally spent a whole year of my life on ro, but i don't have all this time or that drive now...

how is pvp?
>>
File: squire master.png (673 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
squire master.png
673 KB, 700x900
>>331403552
Big Kepas are random location spawns now, so you don't even get that anymore.

And even so, you cannot fucking trade 1:1 in this game without VIP. And putting up items in market, they show up randomly between 30 minutes and 2 hours of you putting them up there. There are NO realiable methods of transfering silver or items between two characters unless IMC lets you.

The system is solid.
>>
Is it really nothing like RO?
>>
>>331403358
its been 4 years since LoTS came out

and i will never stop being mad about it

fuck them so much
>>
File: 1324603121001.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1324603121001.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>331401134
I'm sorry, but DQ isn't big in the west to begin with, and DQX would not do well here at all. I know you want the game enough to believe the man is wrong, but he's right. Yoshida has spent a lot of time playing western MMO/ORPGs after all. He's been on record stating he was huge into DAoC and Diablo 2. He knows the audience here well enough to know DQX just wouldn't fly. ESPECIALLY with the current state of MMOs in the west, which the entire genre is declining rapidly off a cliff.

FFXI only did so well here because there were so few options. Its popularity dropped sharply when WoW was released and was basically surviving off of the Final Fantasy name alone since then.
>>
File: Overlord Illustration2 - Copy.png (4 MB, 1120x1481) Image search: [Google]
Overlord Illustration2 - Copy.png
4 MB, 1120x1481
>Can't dual-wield shields.
It's been almost half a year and it still triggers me
>>
>>331403761
no

personally its very close to diablo 3 but someone else my give you a better or different example to relate to
>>
How's Triple Triad in FF14?
It's honestly the only thing I'm interested in.
>>
>>331398160
ToS is 3D.

>>331398385
RO never had such shit world design.
>>
>>331403850
youll probably need to grind to a certain point to access the content

i think ff14 has those character boosters like in wow but im not sure
>>
>>331396567
Nexon isnt the publisher of the west
>>
>>331403683
Technically, no, but only because I played RO's Alpha...back when Prontera was multiple maps large, there was a Cave west of Prontera that had multiple floors, Doppel was a lv30 MVP on the 2nd floor with Elder Willows and Poporings, and the Fish mobs were on floor 3 and rekt most of us since we only had first classes, no skills, and Archers required no arrows.

I knew what I was getting into in Beta basically, though in the particular case of Creamies I did find that out the hard way.

I really miss Alpha RO though...shame I'll never see it again.
>>
Are the different Tiers for founders Server still time based? as in the 59.99 supporters get in before the 9.99?
>>
>>331403938
Yes, you'll have to hit at least 15 to get to the Gold Saucer.

No, FFXIV has NOTHING to speed up levelling. Unfortunately. Fucking hell levelling is slow on your first class, and then since you waste all the good quests on it, your alt classes take just as long grinding. If they had an xp or lvl boost item in the store I'd have bought it by now.
>>
File: 1455748186417.png (304 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
1455748186417.png
304 KB, 700x900
>>331403824
I am more worried about the fact both shield classes are fucking awful.

>>331403728
Game's progress is based on dungeon runs and questing. Quests give EXP cards, which you can use anytime to get get.

You pretty much just do quests until you've entered the optimal exp range of a dungeon. Grind said dungeon until it no longer gives optimal EXP, then back to quests.

As the game progresses, you get less and less quests, and eventually you'll come to a point where you'll have to do open field grinding if you want to do more than just your daily dungeon runs.

PvP is awful because the balance is still off. The GvG system is fucking spartan, though. Guilds can declare war one-sidedly against one another, and it lets you PK people anywhere that isn't a town. The BRs are all afraid because they know that they'll be killed on sight by literally everyone else in the game.
>>
>>331404009
No, all one month now. Just different degrees of extra stuff you get.
>>
>>331404089
Great, seems they found a good middle ground.
>>
>>331403774
I'm going to level here with you and say that players honestly do not care about how much money a game is going to make. All we want is a game that scratches our itches. My itch is for a game that's not a WoW clone because right now, those have oversaturated the market like WWII shooters did before in the FPS market. DQX looks like what I want in a game, which is FFXI but with a more active playerbase. FFXIV is just a pretty game that copied the bad parts of WoW, and even though I didn't really care much for WoW when I played it, even that game was better than XIV when I quit.
>>
>>331404075
i know how it plays
i played it for a year before heavensward came out

the statement simply came up because i reckon theyre gonna use level boosters like wow so people can skill most of the shit to play heavensward content

thats good that they dont have anything
i really enjoyed the titan fight
would be a shame if people skipped it
>>
>>331404302
YoshiP said that they're going to shorten the ARR MSQ requirements for getting to HeavenSward, but then again, he says a lot of things.

>>331403850
Triple Triad was fun when it first came out, but then they kept adding crap rules to all the NPCs, so it went to shit. It's not a standalone game like it was with FFXI, unfortunately. Not worth it.
>>
>>331404126
Yeah glad they changed it as well.

I got a bit too excited today, thought the servers were out cause someone in my Discord said so. Bought the 10USD thingo and opened the game just to be disappointed.

Either way, looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1450327456040.png (22 KB, 332x89) Image search: [Google]
1450327456040.png
22 KB, 332x89
Anyone else remember the pain of rejection?
>>
>>331404247
>FFXIV is just a pretty game that copied the bad parts of WoW, and even though I didn't really care much for WoW when I played it, even that game was better than XIV when I quit.
Plain out stupid and wrong.
>>
File: 1385842839588.jpg (25 KB, 251x335) Image search: [Google]
1385842839588.jpg
25 KB, 251x335
>>331404426
>i were a beta tester
>game ended up being shit
>did nothing but worsen my depression

i wish i never got a key
>>
>>331397087
Phillip
>>
My main problem with the game was
>pull a big group or bunch of smaller groups
>use your abilities
>Sit on your ass for them to come off CD
or
>sit on your ass waiting for mp or chug a bunch of potions

If I could go longer between mana breaks, or sitting actually restored my MP at a decent rate instead of sitting for 5 minutes to get half of it back, I'd be able to grind for days, especially with how flashy some of the skills are.
>>
>>331404247
>players honestly do not care about how much money a game is going to make.
That depends on the player (rabid faboys love sales numbers), but the developers definitely do care about how much money a game will make.

I'm well aware of the fact XIV is a blatant WoW-clone (although it's a better WoW than WoW is right now), but that's the type of game the western audience wants. XIV 1.0 didn't do well at all because it was too XI-like, of which DQX follows suit. It was also terrible, but that's another thing entirely.

I wouldn't discredit his knowledge of the genre and his decision to cockblock the west getting DQX, especially when they put so many assets into XIV's localization, which from a localization standpoint is clearly well-funded. Again, Dragon Quest is just not popular enough here to justify pushing bigbux into a major localization. I doubt the playerbase would be as active as you're hoping anyways.
>>
Did they fix all your skills having bullshit cooldowns that makes the combat slow as fuck?
>>
>>331404461
Alright, that's your opinion, but my findings come from playing both games: WoW for about a year's worth of time overall in different expansions and 240 days in FFXIV:ARR and Heavensward.
>>
File: 1455572246519.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1455572246519.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
>>331399568

>City of Heroes not even on the graph.

That game was my home after I was done with Ultima Online. I miss it so much.

>tfw it will be gone 4 years this year.
>>
>>331404590
the games free dumb fuck
>>
>>331404565
i actually experimented on builds when i was in beta

i tried going cloth gear/cloth mastery for mana on my highlander
its pretty decent but youre pretty much going for glass canon min-maxing at this point
>>
File: 1450136754352.png (254 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
1450136754352.png
254 KB, 620x877
>>331404565
One of my friends had this problem and said it was the most authentic RO experience he ever had outside of RO.

Just learn how to deal with cooldowns and manage your SP. It's not hard.

And buy fucking potions. Don't be stingy.
>>
Did they fix the archer's auto-attack being fucked? In the first OBT it would make you automatically walk towards the targeted enemy because that's what it does for every other class' melee auto-attack, but obviously that's stupid as shit to do for the archer.
>>
When can i play without buying shit?
>>
>>331404573
It would be fine if they just got rid of the IP block at least so we could play on the JP servers, but because they won't, people that want to play the game are raising their voices to get servers over here. It might not be a lot of people, but there still are people. I have heard multiple times from people that are or had played FFXIV that they would quit and go to DQX if it were available to them, so I know there are people that would play it.
>>
>>331404748
Sounds like it's April 29th.
>>
>>331404573
>XIV 1.0 didn't do well at all because it was too XI-like
No it fucking wasn't. If it had been like XI it would have actually been half-decent.
>>
>>331404825
thanks family
>>
>>331403746
>limit to item listing
>item shows up after a random interval
>get money up to 48h after your item sells
>cant even list your item for the price you want - there's a price cap
>all this bullshit thanks to the MUH RMT BOOGEYMAN
Fuck Nexon and fuck this game.
>>
>>331404754
I have no doubt people would play it. I'm one of them. Major DQ fan and not being able to play it sucks. I can't give a clear answer as to why foreign IPs are blocked, other than maybe for concerns over server stability or online experiences for players (Japs are super awkward around foreigners), but playing like that wouldn't be a great experience anyway in my opinion.

All I gotta say is just buy up DQ7+8 for your 3DS and hope lots of other people do it too.
>>
>>331404841
It played very similarly to XI. Slow and clunky. Very menu-based, or what felt like. You could even play it fine without a mouse, which was pretty useless other than for navigating menus. The XI team was the original development team after all.
>>
>>331404841
1.0 was definitely a lot closer to XI than it is now.

Thank god they fixed it. I fucking hated XI. I picked it up for $8 and gave it a fair 20 hours of playtime and I just couldn't do it anymore.
>>
File: 1454810887473.png (2 MB, 1200x1648) Image search: [Google]
1454810887473.png
2 MB, 1200x1648
>>331405000
RMT is an issue, considering in this game silver literally buys you better damage directly on your skill attributes.

I wish there was a better way to stop gold sellers but there just isn't.
>>
>>331399568
>no other game had proper player housing since UO
What the fuck is wrong with these devs?
>>
>>331405363
>literally buys you better damage directly on your skill attributes
Please elaborate.
And there's other ways to screw over RMTs that doesnt require screwing the normal players over in the process.
>>
>>331405375
Black Desert.
>>
>>331405375
Star Wars Galaxies had a pretty good housing system, actually. I loved how you could drop pretty much any item in your house and turn it into furniture and decorations, even armor sets and weapons AND EVEN USELESS QUEST ITEMS.
>>
>>331405375
People care more about actual gameplay like raids and bosses more than gay roleplaying barbie house shit now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.