[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i am new to these dynasty warriors games, what am i in for /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: samurai game.png (153 KB, 1881x252) Image search: [Google]
samurai game.png
153 KB, 1881x252
i am new to these dynasty warriors games, what am i in for /v/?
>>
They're all pretty awful
HW is arguably the best one because it has decent characters and setting.
>>
>>331394480
If you are new to DW games you should have bought DW 8 Xtreme Legends not Empires

>>331394578
>t. zelda fag
>>
A fun game if you can actually launch it.
>>
>>331394876
Doesn't change the fact that HW is the best one
>>
Duck is a good entry point
>>
>>331394480
Being a vagrant and taking odd jobs until you find a place with a nation, then you overthrow the leader, grab a waifu and dominate China.
>>
>>331395498
wait what i thought you can play as a waifu
>>
File: 2cat.jpg (43 KB, 384x315) Image search: [Google]
2cat.jpg
43 KB, 384x315
>>331394480
>337.kb peak
>>
>>331394876
>If you are new to DW games you should have bought DW 8 Xtreme Legends not Empires

Not OP but what's different in empires?
>>
>>331395781
it works man, i cant watch youtube but i can play single player games just fine
>>
>>331395696
Yeah if you want. You can just create a warrior in Empires too, if you want a created waifu. Then you can romance some dude and have a retarded looking child warrior, since it combines the looks of the parents.
>>
File: 1441473563392.jpg (9 KB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
1441473563392.jpg
9 KB, 320x228
>>331396438
>Make my character
>Make waifu
>Terrorize China until I find waifu
>Woo waifu with mad killing skills
>Works every time
>Make a child
>Grows up
>Suddenly carbon copy of mother
>Go on to take over China with my waifu family

The game just keeps getting better and better.
>>
>>331396438
wait, so is this more like a red orchestra kind of experience or a starcraft kind of experience in terms of gameplay?
>>
>>331395781

Out in the sticks we still get stuck with that shit. I'm in the same 3m boat.

Technically my service's supposed to be more after the FCC did it's thing, but I can't get the fuckers to acknowledge they haven't upgraded me. My alternatives are wireless services and satellite, which may as well be not even having internet at all.

They know we ain't got no recourse, so they stick it as deep as they can.
>>
>>331396632
You make or choose an existing character, then you choose the Chinese map, where it can follow how things were during certain time periods during the Three Kingdoms saga. or just have a map that is entirely random in its nations and rulers. You can then choose during this setup if your character will be a ruler, or a vassal, or just a vagabond wandering warrior. Then you complete stages like a normal Dynasty Warriors game, although they may have specific victory conditions like defend, protect the villagers, defeat this officer, etc.

And then if you choose to join or get recruited by a ruler, you can go up the ranks as their right hand man, or usurp them, taking over the country mercilessly, or the muh benevolence Shu tactic of being portrayed as a kind ruler, shit like that.

It's largely just normal Dynasty Warriors, with a pseudo strategy veneer. I like the Empires DW spinoffs, but I'm a faggot with questionable taste, so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>331397354
I'd like it far more if there were multiple maps for each region.
Shit gets stale after a while.

But it does sate the custom style DW itch.
>>
>>331397602
DW9 is almost guaranteed to at least be announced this year, so we'll be getting a new Empires before too long, maybe they'll stop phoning it in. DW7 was a pretty excellent revision to the formula with the weapon trinity and those hypothetical stories, maybe they'll finally get around to some fucking map variance now that they have newer hardware to develop primary on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.