[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: 4125125.jpg (89 KB, 1577x664) Image search: [Google]
4125125.jpg
89 KB, 1577x664
>JUST CGI MY SHIT UP SENPAI.

God, this movie is shaping up to be a disaster.
>>
>>331394096
Did you honestly expect practical effects?
>>
>CGI out the ass
Why didn't they just make it an animated movie?
>>
File: WCMTw05.jpg (240 KB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
WCMTw05.jpg
240 KB, 1920x792
This looks like that spykids 3 movie, whith the kids inside the videogame...

That was in 2003.....
>>
>>331394290
I don't even know what they're going for now. The film looks 90% CGI with the exception of the human actors and a handful of sets. It's going to look like shit. At least films like 300 and Sin City when they did the CGI overload thing, contextualized it in a style but this is trying to be "realistic" and look like a videogame at the same time.
>>
File: 1433178330741.jpg (53 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1433178330741.jpg
53 KB, 550x366
>>331394368
>spykids 3
>2003
>>
File: WCMTw03.jpg (213 KB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
WCMTw03.jpg
213 KB, 1920x792
>Dwarves in the first war
>looks like some xbox 360 game.
>>
>>331394368
check out those real background orcs. is that supposed to be Garona?
>>
>>331394491
Yeah, thats garona.
>>
File: 125415.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
125415.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>331394096
Why couldn't they make thw whole thing cgi?
Why couldn't they have the guys who made the WoW cinematics do thw movie?

Fuck them.
>>
File: 1455930522509.jpg (95 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1455930522509.jpg
95 KB, 1024x576
I just want to fuck a Draenei. How come black kids in Africa get all this support from you guys, but you stupid cunts won't grant me my wish to make my fetish fucking real.

Gee, you guys suck kangaroo anus.
>>
>human humans
>cgi orcs
y?
>>
>>331394902

It would have taken decades to do a feature length film.
>>
>>331395557
Yeah instead it only took 1
>>
>>331394096
looks fucking great. I love that they are sticking with their style of orcs
>>
>>331396217
Fuck right off metzen.
Shouldn't you be riding your Thrall dildo?
>>
>>331395557
Yeah man a feature length fully animated film has never been made before in the history of movies. Boy that would be crazy wouldn't it?
>>
>>331396363
lol why so butt blasted? looks great, is it because they aren't giant Muppets or soemthing?
>>
>>331394902
>>331395478

this.

>everything is in WoW style.
>cept humans who are real people.
>and female orc because they have to be hot lol.

this looks awkward as fuck.
>>
>>331394345
I've always wondered this. Their CGI movies were boss as fuck until panda. Every cinematic from WC3 to WotLK was tight as fuck.
>>
Movie really does feel like old school Warcraft. The only people who hate it are the people who grew up on WoW.
>>
>>331396590
>Not mentioning the WoD cinematic.
Come on man, WoD and WoTLK cinematics gave me spine chills.
>>
>>331396518
it's like the avatar?
>>
>>331396590

Visually mists and wod are still great to look at.

>that demon blood.

fuck I almost want to drink that shit.
>>
File: Minas_Tirith.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1170) Image search: [Google]
Minas_Tirith.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1170
Why Stormwind looks worse than picrelated?
>>
>>331396690
that's the feel that I am getting, I expected this, or at least I worried they were going to make orcs like Tolkien orcs.
Plus it seems the people who are complaining ever played the first 3 games. A young lady after she saw the trailer thought they were retconning world of warcraft when I explained this movie was about the first warcraft rts game.

Really from what this looks like is another fantasy that some fans a bitching because it's not made by blizzard but an actual movie studio.
These same people seem to be real graphic whores.
>>
>>331396690
>Movie really does feel like old school Warcraft.
>old school Warcraft
>good brown orks with browh Jesus unites with good humans against bad green orcs
>old school Warcraft
>>
>>331397008
Because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
Its a videogame movie. Did anyone honestly expect this movie to be good? Really? I'd like to think people aren't really that dumb.
>>
>>331397078
learn your lore
frost wolves broke free from the invading horde.
>>
File: b24.png (207 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
b24.png
207 KB, 600x453
>>331394096
>tfw it'll be just another Dindunuffin racemixing propaganda

Can't they make one fantasy movie without Poccahontas story?
>>
>>331397008
That's a physical model.

The main issue with this film is that they're trying to marry their stylized warcraft graphics with live-action humans. They haven't dipped far enough into either camp and as a result everything looks out of place with everything else.

Also their lighting engineer needs to be sacked.
>>
>>331397454
Sounds like a personal problem, I'm not surprised by this and in fact I like it.
>>
>>331397303
>learn your lore
Only after you WoDkid, frost wolves stay neutral, they just leave Horde and hide in Alterac Mountains, they never unite with Lothar and fight against Blackhand and Shadow Council.
>>
>They have to leave draenor because it's dying, not because they are just bloodthirsty savages
>it's gonna be an orcs dindu nuffin episode

Ffs
>>
This movie is coming way too late. It should've been released in wrath when wow was at its peak.

>wrath was almost 3 whole expacs ago
Fucking hell time is flying
>>
you can kill blizzard at any time by stop giving them money

i did and you can too friends
>>
>>331398273
Blizzard won't die until Activision says they have to die. Even if you don't give them money their parent company will
>>
>>331398080
right, but they still get attacked by the horde, even durotar and his wife gets assassinated, so don't tell me they don't fight or at least make dialogue with the humans. Plus it's a movie of course they are gonna add more to the story then there already is.
>>
https://youtu.be/mb7CHoy30Uc

Daily reminder how WoD ended
>>
>>331398080
who says they are uniting? you see them meet up and probably get ambushed.
>>
>all this orc hate.
I hate being surrounded by alliance niggerfaggots.
>>
>>331394491
>>331394368

Garona looks so fucking stupid.
>>
File: nRMrxNh.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nRMrxNh.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>331398124
Technically Draenor was dying because they were bloodthirsty savages who raped and destroyed everything and were turning on each other. The Shadow Council realized they needed new worlds to plunder or they'd implode in on themselves.

The movie's still gonna be shit though.
>>
>>331398464
>but they still get attacked by the horde, even durotar and his wife gets assassinated,
And they were killed, not leading unite army against Horde.
>so don't tell me they don't fight or at least make dialogue with the humans.
I will because it's kills any kind of dramma/tragedy or storng moments in movie and story.
It's not old school Warcraft, it's WoD in First War decorations.
>>
>>331398549
it's just faggots not getting an animated movie because no one will see the movie about a big video game franchise if it's fully animated.
>>
>>331398549
>all this hate for CGI dindu neo-orcs
fixed
>>
>>331398537
>who says they are uniting?
They are meeting with Lothar and Garona (just remind you she supposed to be assasin) in Burning Stepes. Lothar changes from badass warlord to "war is not an option".
>>
>>331398638
who the fuck says they were leading an army agaisnt the horde?
>I will because it's kills any kind of dramma/tragedy or storng moments in movie and story.
It's not old school Warcraft, it's WoD in First War decorations.

What strong moments? your imagination when you filled in the dialogue when you played the first game?
>>
>>331398628
Dreanor was dying because the humans invaded and Nerzhul freaked the fuck out and opened portals like crazy.

Duratan never fought alongside humans they just chilled in Alterac Mountains. Orcs were also never fucking brown.
>>
Also I'm pretty sure Garona was an assassin who could sneak around human settlements unnoticed because of her proportions, not a fucking fully-fledged member of Azeroth's military.
>>
>>331398486
Wow they really turned Archimonde into a bitch
>>
>>331394345
Serious animated movies dont sell tickets
>>
>>331398978
it all change when the graphics got upgraded to WoW graphics.
why all this bullshit over the skin color? they even tell the reason why their skin turned green. Or is it because they were green in the first game and they retconned it?
>>
>>331398978
>Dreanor was dying because the humans invaded
We're talking about the first war, that happened at the end of the second
>Duratan never fought alongside humans they just chilled in Alterac Mountains. Orcs were also never fucking brown.
no argument there
>>
They could have just done the Arthas fall as a single trilogy
>First movie ends with Startholme burning
>2nd ends as Arthas finds FM
>3rd ends with him on the throne
>>
They should have just remade the first game with WC3's mechanics. Sure it probably would have raped the lore even further and looked like WoW, but at least it would have been an RTS and not a CGI cringeworthy schlockfest movie.

Blizzard pulled a Squaresoft and thought they could make a movie, only this time they'll probably scrape by because of WoW fanboys, and normies thinking it's another Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>331394454
please please tell me this is a shop, that looks so fucking bad.
>>
I don't see what the big deal is.
WoW has never looked good at any stage, the movie reflects the game's total lack of art direction.
>>
>>331398895
>who the fuck says they were leading an army agaisnt the horde?
Thrall's fight with Blackhand while Alliacne attacks Hord camp near Dark Portal.
>What strong moments?
Destrcution of Stormwind, step by step, Medivh corruption, but they totally focused movie on Durotan.
>>
>>331396590
Those cinematics are produced by a studio dedicated to short action-packed clips, and they take several months to produce each one
They really wouldn't be capable of making the leap to full-length film. Quality would drop dramatically if they had to produce enough material for an hour and a half instead of three-four minutes
>>
>>331398196
Doesn't matter, they use movie to get more subs to wow, well you know you get wow account if you buy tickets to movie.
>>
>>331399161
>We're talking about the first war, that happened at the end of the second

That's what I am saying the planet shouldn't be dying. Even though Durotan says in the trailer that his planet is dying.

And thrall being Orc Moses so fucking stupid.
>>
>>331396518
Garona was hand crafted by selective breeding and fucking demon magic surgery by Gul'dan to make an orc that looks like a human.

No, he did not have any humans to work with, he had two alien races, one that has horns and fucking hooves.
And everything that uses his magic turns green automatically.

The fact that he managed to make an orc that just looks like green lady with big teeth is part of the fucking plot.
>>
>>331399179
It could be the Star Wars prequels everybody wanted.

But there is so much that happens after Arthas finds Frostmourne and up to TFT that can't be ignored. Arthas's ascension needs Illidan who needs Night Elf story of Malfurion and Tyrande and Legion backstory
>>
>>331399432
Thrall has had the status as green Jesus since Cataclizzle, and Metzen must be keen to apply it retroactively
>>
>>331398486

Wait, did a bunch of literally whos destroy Archimonde?

Fuck I hate WoW.
>>
>>331399237
>Thralls fight with blackhand.
Not the other guy but what the fuck are you talking about. Blackhand was long dead before Thrall was old enough walk.
>>
>>331399432
>That's what I am saying the planet shouldn't be dying.
It was dying before the Horde came into Azeroth, just not being ripped apart. The ecosystems had collapsed and the Horde was turning on each other. That's why they invaded Azeroth.
>>
>>331399491
Yeah, i'd say as Arthas finds FM they start doing the NE crap with Illidan
Then have to lines converge in the 3rd Arthas movie as the finale b4 he becomes the LK
>>
>>331399546
demons dont die, they get summoned from the twisting nether and take corporeal form, but when defeated they simply go back.

Archimonde in alternate universe draenor is the same archimonde from normal draenor. He even says so himself. He was just summoned to a different dimension and was like "FUCK NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN"
>>
>>331399237
>Thrall's fight with Blackhand while Alliacne attacks Hord camp near Dark Portal.

what the fuck are talking about? I am talking about the first game not the WoW WoD.

Plus they are making a movie, Movie adaptations always have shit like this.
>>
>>331399564
>Not the other guy but what the fuck are you talking about.
ooops, mistakes with Durotan, since they are pretty simmilar as characters.
>>
>>331399546
>Khadgar
>Grommash
>Yrel...I'll give you that
Plus by this time in the story you are already a veteran. Archimonde even being the last pass was shitty as fuck but the player characters are pretty powerful by this time in the story.
>>
>>331399692
>Movie adaptations always have shit like this.
Like changing the whole focus of story?
>>
>>331399546
On mythic he dies inside the twisting nether.
>>
>>331399439
>Garona was hand crafted by selective breeding and fucking demon magic surgery by Gul'dan
Is this some retcon bullshit? She was originally "halforcen" meaning haf orc half something else. The Draenei were thought to be extinct by then so it wouldn't be them. She was the rape babby of an orc and a human from the early forays. It took many years to get all their forces through and build Blackrock Spire which is when she grew up. That's the original lore, anyway.
>>
>>331399573
They invaded Azeroth because that's what the demon wanted them to do. The Orcs were supposed to just be a buffer army to weaken Azeroth races so the Burning Legion could just sweep in and fuck them up.

Originally Kil'jadean just wanted revenge on the Draenie but Sargeras used Medivh to contact Gul'Dan to build a portal. So no it isn't about a dying planet and they need a new one.

Orcs were played like a damn mandolin
>>
>>331395313
>wanting to bang a race that has horsedicks regardless of sex

gay as fuck tbqh lad
>>
>>331399432
the horde was tearing itself apart because of the demon blood and the infighting that was destroying the world around them, plus they took in warlocks that made them loose their shamanism powers. The elements weren't speaking to them, of course they think the world is dying.

Stop being such a fag over how thrall was abandoned, it makes no difference to the story.
>>
>>331399546
No, a bunch of literally YOUs, anon. they fight with you
>>
>>331399805
>i know the entire focus of the movie based on a 30 second clip that shows both sides equally

>>331399880
She's half orc half draenei
yes, its a retcon, to fix the stupid bullshit about "draenei are almost extinct but they're everywhere and do everything"
and "she's an adult so there's no way she was birthed by a human that they had never met before, for fucks sake"

sometimes retcons are good
>>
>>331399546
>literally whos
By this point, the players are great heroes with lengthy reputations of conquests

And even if that wasn't the case, we were alongside Khadgar, Grom Hellscream and that Dranei Mary-Sue with us. Even in the Warcraft games, the heroes who took down the big guys were always surrounded by small armies of unnamed fighters, wizards and marksmen
>>
>>331399923
I'm not the same anon talking about thrall being abandoned. But you are still wrong about the fucking planet dying that was not a motivator for the Orcs to drink demon blood. They were tricked into drinking it because the Kil'jadean told them the Draenie were plotting.

Nowhere until the end of the Second War did they think their planet was dying.
>>
>>331399805
it's orcs vs humans still you faggot. you know that these peace talks won't end well with them holding hands. it will fail and frost wolves will be put with the rest of the orcs when stormwind falls. Fuck do you really thing durotar is gonna survive and take over?
>>
>warlords of draenor was supposed to tie into the movie

>movie got delayed and WoD sucked dick

no wonder it got such fucking marketing
>>
>>331400031
>>i know the entire focus of the movie based on a 30 second clip that shows both sides equally
Oh great it's another corporative shill, but you are right, modern trailers always shows main story plot and they always show most important parts of movie.
>>
>>331394439
Why did they even bother using real actors?

Why not make an entire CGI movie?
>>
>>331399905
>They invaded Azeroth because that's what the demon wanted them to do
The Shadow Council decided to invade because the Horde was tearing itself apart an they had ravaged Draenor, go back and read the manuals. It just so happened to serve the purposes of the BL which is why they set up Medivh and Gul'dan to get it done.
>riginally Kil'jadean just wanted revenge on the Draenie
Later shit WoW lore, the Draenei were extinct (or though to be) and not blue space goat angels at that point. They were scattered bands of "broken" who hid in the shadows as seen in WC3.
>>
>>331400197
>Warlords only existed so the casuals that ruined wow would know the movie characters.

It had such huge potential too...
>>
>>331400137
>it's orcs vs humans still you faggot.
Nah it's Durotan and Lothar vs Gul'Dan.
>Fuck do you really thing durotar is gonna survive and take over?
He is going to steal all attention during the whole movie.
>>
File: WOW.jpg (497 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
WOW.jpg
497 KB, 750x422
Meh, I never really cared for Warcraft's art-style. Why does every male character need to look like a 40k space marine?
>>
>>331400251
to be fair the burning legion is full of Eredar, they're basically all eredar.

Eredar are the race of horse-dicked hoofpeople.
Some escaped and went to Draenor, calling themselves the "Draenei"

but they're still Eredar, which there are plenty of.
>>
>>331400071
Isn't it still a bit ridiculous? I mean the world tree had to get blown up to stop him last time.
>>
>>331400031
>and "she's an adult so there's no way she was birthed by a human that they had never met before
I already explained it took them awhile to get from the initial forays through the portal to being a fully fortified power in the swamp. It's not unreasonable to assume orcs reach sexual maturity faster than humans (especially with demon jizz in their veins) so she would've been old enough to do her thing by then. She was an assassin, not some huge warrior.
>>
>>331395557

are you for real nigga? do you even advent children?
>>
I think it will be average with some glaring cgi issues.
I hope it does well for one reason only.
I WANT TO SEE MY NIGGA ARTHAS AND GOING FULL STRATHOLME ON THE BIGSCREEN
>>
>>331400378
more retcon WoW shit lore
>>
>>331400361
Maybe because warcraft literally started as a Warhammer game?
>>
>>331400454
your pedophile dreams of a 5 year old slutorc having sex with the king of all humans dont sit well with the general public and blizzard knew that.
its changed, deal with it
>>
>>331400118
then they were tricked again, they were told by guldan who was told by sargarus who told the orcs who didn't drink the demon blood to move to a new planet. you think they are just going to tell durotar that "hey the demon blood is making us want to conquer let's go conquer a planet." no you are going to make an excuse to send the non demon bloods in to another world. For all you know the movie is them being fed a lie, or they are trying to mash the movies together so they can make it easier for a sequel. Are you new to movie adaptations? because they never stay true to the original.
>>
>>331398486
looool so fucking hellscream is free from all his slaughter sins? this can't get any more retarded
>>
>>331400326
>He is going to steal all attention during the whole movie
1 you haven't seen it yet and 2 Warcraft is built off of the Orcs, not humans in another generic medieval lord of the rings rip off.
>>
>>331400417
tree of life was not really relevant though, it was just dragon made condom for well of eternity to cuck mages
>>
File: 43.jpg (226 KB, 1300x861) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
226 KB, 1300x861
>>331394096
NOW that the Warcraft movie is a guaranteed success, will we see a WARHAMMER movie and/or other games? Such as Zelda or Just Cause.
>>
>>331400571
>your pedophile dreams of a 5 year old slutorc
More like 17-18 with warlock fuckery and orc maturation rates, makes more sense than being a green/blue horned monstrosity who needed to be filed down to look something like a human parading around in Azerothian armor.
>>
>>331400417
At this point the people opposing him haven't seen a threat as massive as the burning legion for many many years (aside from the NElfs).
By the time of WoD, we have a legion of fucking god-killers who've beaten the burning legion time and time again, fought back kil'jaeden, battled the lich king, killed deathwing.
So fairs fair, they're a tad more experienced than the W3 guys.
>>
>>331400824
No one cares about Warhammer anymore. And just cause movie would be retarded. Zelda maybe but then he would talk and piss off everyone.
>>
>>331400789
>2 Warcraft is built off of the Orcs,
But not of the Frost Wolves, they become important only with Thrall, not in First War.
>>
>>331400708
Things Hellscream did as Warchief of the Iron Horde in Warlords of Draenor:

1. fucked up the frostwolves (another orc clan)
2. Fucked up the laughing skulls (another orc clan)
3. Fucked up the Burning blades (another orc clan)
4. promoted blackhand and killrog and that other guy
5. Attacked random draenei settlements
6. Opened the dark portal because the guy who was giving him all these fucking weapons told him to.

oh you're sour about auchindoun? that was gul'dan or ner'zul, who explicitly are working on their own shit
Shattrath is under attack by demons? oh sure the guy who actively rejected demon help is obviously involved.

Hellscream did nothing wrong.
hell he barely did anything at all

once gul'dan tied him up and took over he even helps you fight him and fucking archimonde.
>>
>>331394902
This comes up every time in every thread. It takes Blizzard over a year just to make 2-3 minutes of footage. Think about how long and how much it would cost to make 2 hour movie in that quality. Disney routinely spends 150+ million dollars on their CGI animated movies, just to give you a comparison.
>>
>>331401276
see
>>331400486
>>
>>331401072
you played as both humans and orcs of course they are gonna show the orc side plus they've added to the lore long since then before the fucking movie was being made.
>>
File: This summer.jpg (1 MB, 978x1491) Image search: [Google]
This summer.jpg
1 MB, 978x1491
>>331394345
maybe they learn they making mistake from somewhere and try to cut the disaster price? The biggest problem is this movie doesnt know to aim children or adult since its half assed at the effort
>>
>>331401350
advent children wasn't made by blizzard, plus have you seen the sales of AC? Fans are still pissed about that movie don't be retarded.
>>
>>331401276
>It takes Blizzard over a year just to make 2-3 minutes of footage.

This is a meme.

It takes them a few months AT MOST.

Look at halo 2 anniversary, it has over 2 hours of CGI cutscenes. According to your logic do you believe it took blur a decade to make these?
>>
As long as the world has neckbeard virgins, the world will have WoW.
>>
>>331401578
And it's considerably lower quality than Blizzard's cgi.
>>
>>331401578
It probably started back in the days when they were a much smaller and poorer company and CGI was much less common. Nowadays they could shit out movies faster than Dreamworks if they wanted to.
>>
>>331401387
>show the orc side
Why didn't focused movie on orcs from WC1 and WC2, Blackhand, Bladefist, Deadeye, Hellscream, Theron, Ner'Zhul, Gul'Dan, Cho'Gall and their clans? There is no reason for large appearance of Durotan in early Warcraft adaptation.
>>
>>331401668

Not at all. It's not the same quality of blizzard but it's nowhere near "considerably lower quality".
>>
File: balls.jpg (36 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
balls.jpg
36 KB, 500x273
>>331401695
>There is no reason for large appearance of Durotan in early Warcraft
There is one reason...
>>
>>331400824
WHFB or 40k? I assume the former.
WHFB would be called a ripoff of the Warcraft movie, you do not want that.
40k is a convoluted mess as it is, let alone the Horus Heresy.

Zelda would be terrible because the usual plotline would be used, then critics would go apeshit over the damsel in distress.

And far as Just Cause goes, we have the new Point Break.
>>
>>331401695
to introduce where thrall comes from, you fucking mongoloid. It's for the people who don't know the lore already, you 5hink they are just making this movie for you? they didn't go into great detail on clans in the first game but each sequel expanded on it, why are you making such a big deal on shit you have no idea is going to happen or not.
>>
>>331394454
this looks like one of those video game morning studios where there are crash bandicoot crates in the background and what not
>>
>>331401695
you haven't even seen the fucking movie yet. You seen trailers that's it, stop making excuses for your pverreaction.
>>
>>331397440
>film talks about how war is bad
>propaganda

If you want to get your Garithos feels, play Dawn of War
>>
>>331401913
>to introduce where thrall comes from, you fucking mongoloid.
Few mentions+ scene with Orgrimm + scene with assassination would be enough to introduce Thrall's clan and family.
>It's for the people who don't know the lore already
So the whole fucking movie.
>>
>>331401495
I'm just saying it's possible fuckhead.
>>
>>331402018
And trailers always shows most important parts of the movie.
>>331402074
Looks like we have cultural marxist in our thread.
>>
>>331394345
If it's full CGI adults won't see it.
>>
>>331402096
have you seen it? no, so stop being a whiney fuck over something that hasn't even been shown yet.
>>331402105
and I am saying you are basing your whole opinion on the movie on a possibility.
>>
>>331402179
not the whole movie, there are even trailers that actually don't make it to the films finalization.
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzE5NjI0MjA1.jpg (134 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzE5NjI0MjA1.jpg
134 KB, 1200x1200
>>331402179
Damn, I have been unmasked

Still, all wars in Wc past Wc2 have been because of miscommunication/old prejudices
>>
File: 1384473028189.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1384473028189.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>331400495
>GOING FULL STRATHOLME ON THE BIGSCREEN
>mfw seeing the whole bake it uther in all its glory
>>
>>331402265
The only "adults" watching this will be sad Blizzdrones and parents being dragged into it by their kids. Wouldn't make a difference either way.
>>
>>331402267
>so stop being a whiney fuck over something that hasn't even been shown yet.
It's not Battlenet forum, so nope.
>>331402334
>not the whole movie
Okay, here you are right, not the whole movie, most of movie except battles and final.
>>
>>331402368
>Still, all wars in Wc past Wc2 have been because of miscommunication/old prejudices
No, they happened because orcs were demon-worshiping rape machines, filthy apologist. Your wife's half-orc son probably appreciates your efforts though.
>>
>>331400247

I have no idea why Blizz didn't just go full CGI. Along with a decent studio, it could have been a great animated film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRGSeCkFzM

Of course I haven't seen the upcoming film, but the trailer makes it come off confused. Almost like two movies were made: a cgi half and a live action half both slapped together.
>>
>>331402514
so you can admit you are being whiney over nothing then. That's fine as long as you can admit that, you can be opinionated all you want.

right 30 seconds of a trailer is most of the movie. must be the shortest movie ever made then huh.
>>
>>331402457
Nah mate a movie has to attract the general crowd in order to make money. Spirits Within bombed. Beowulf barely made its budget back. Full CGI movies not specifically targeting children are a bad investment.
>>
File: Thrall-WC3.jpg (7 KB, 190x191) Image search: [Google]
Thrall-WC3.jpg
7 KB, 190x191
>>331402579
>Proodmore apologists
>Uses cucked probably non-ironically

Why am I not surprised ?
>>
File: 33773737377337.png (51 KB, 955x194) Image search: [Google]
33773737377337.png
51 KB, 955x194
>>331402434
Have you lost your mind, Arthas?
>Have I?
>a
>v
>e

>I
>?
>>
>>331402679
It isn't LOTR, the average pleb isn't going to go watch 3D orcses and 3D dwarves. It might as well be Beowulf at this point.
>>
>>331402716
Humans often get mad about green cocks
>>
>>331394096
>posting still images to critique how movie cgi looks

m8 it will look considerably better in motion
it always does
screenshots from trailers are always bullshit too
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (913 KB, 1920x794) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
913 KB, 1920x794
I don't know what you guys are talking about. i think it looks great!
>>
>>331402665
>so you can admit you are being whiney over nothing then.
Nope, movie still looks bad in CGI and in plot because of shitty pacifist propaganda.
>>
>>331402716
>Proudmoore
>war
More like the 3rd and last war was caused by impoverished peasants suffering from the fallout of the second war joining death cults led by, surprise surprise, an orc trapped in ice.
>>
>>331402928
Their postures suck
>>
File: dalaran.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dalaran.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
>they continue to post screenshots from a compressed trailer

Its a movie, you will be seeing 24 of these per second, you dont have time to analyze each pixel.
Holy fuck, as if its your first CGI movie release.
>>
>>331402950
way to sound like a retard right out the gate before even seeing the movie
>>
>>331394368
Why is Garona a nigger?
>>
>>331403198
A lot of these shots are straight up bad, like from a filmmaking and storytelling perspective. Somewhere between an amateur youtube production and a SyFy original.
>>
>>331403017
Proodmore holds griefs about 1st and 2nd war. Thrall literally didn't do nothing in those.

The 3rd war was mainly caused by the Legion. Ner'zhul was still acting on their behalf at this time. (he's also a mad warlock)
>>
>>331402928
You can almost see green screen transitions
>>
>>331402928
now that I see it they do look out of place, hopefully they fix that in post, still like the movie though
>>
>>331403198
why the fuck is Dalaran flying
>>
>>331403198
The still frame argument only works for games dude
Movies are a whole other matter
That said though, it's not unheard of for trailers to use unfinished shots, which I hope >>331402928 is
Regardless, the CGI and real elements don't mesh well at all thus far. Doesn't look well.
>>
>>331401276
This movie already cost 100 million and was being made for what now, 5 years? Come on, it's completely doable.
>>
>>331403371
Because magic you fucking faggot.
>>
>>331403441
He means why is it flying at that point since ingame it didn't fly until after BC

They probably just chose to make it fly for the film because it's more interesting
>>
>>331403307
>Proodmore holds griefs about 1st and 2nd war.
Proudmoore launched a failed invasion, it was a battle not a war.
>The 3rd war was mainly caused by the Legion
Are you still this much of a dindu leftycuck? Makes sense I guess. So, setting the frozen orc aside, we've got the orcs going to Kalimdor and doing what? Oh that's right DRINKING DEMON BLOOD AGAIN and razing Ashenvale/killing a demigod. Whoops! Just a slip-up, I'm sure the Night Elves will get over that first impression.
>>
File: argonath.jpg (50 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
argonath.jpg
50 KB, 600x339
>>331403198
I have a feeling that this movie will be so big in its scope and vistas that nothing will have any impact.
Why do the Argonath statues and the halls of Moria inspire awe in LOTR? Because they use this sparingly. With all the CG and constant over the top amazing architecture the movie will just feel empty.
>>
>>331403748
Do you legitimately have autism or do you not know what a joke is?
>>
>>331403918
Also because LOTR was good in many aspects, not just visuals.
>>
>>331403918
I still maintain that LOTR was one of the greatest achievements of cinematic history
>ROTK was 12 years ago
Dang
>>
>>331394096
Still better than the boring star wars force awakens
>>
>>331403198
>you dont have time to analyze each pixel.

its become problem if they done it non-stop, a good movie will use CGI sparsely beween live action and CG so audience hard to notice it, this movie is full of CGI fest
>>
>>331402645
Fully animated flicks never grab the adult audience. Name a PG-13 or R rated blockbuster that was fully animated and didn't come out of Japan.

It just doesn't work like that in the west.

You can do 95% CG though, and make the highest grossing film in the world: see Avatar.

It basically comes down to live actors being essential, at least in some capacity.
>>
>>331404414
>You can do 95% CG though, and make the highest grossing film in the world: see Avatar.
And 95% of the people who saw it couldn't tell you the main character's name.
>>
>>331404537
I'm like that for 95% of films in general
>>
>>331404537
that's probably true but also doesn't matter as long as people see it
>>
why couldnt le game be full cgi XDDDD

god kill yourself do you not know how long it takes blizz to make one cinematic baka
>>
>>331404667
>implying Blizzard is making this film
>>
>>331404537
To be fair, outside of some standouts like Arthas, Warcraft's biggest selling point has always been its concepts and its world.

The general WoW playerbase may not know exactly who Lothar is, but they sure as fuck know what Elwynn Forest looks like. They know what The Dark Portal looks like. They know what Ironforge looks like.

Crafting that aspect is arguably more important than creating memorable characters.

And hell, again, that's what worked for Avatar. People were suffering from depression that they couldn't live in Avatar's world.
>>
>>331404139
It's like it was made just at the right time, when the technology was getting to where it needed to, but before all the sjw bullshit and marvel-esque ironic, sarcastic and self aware tone to everything.
>>
File: easterling1.jpg (23 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
easterling1.jpg
23 KB, 500x210
>>331404139
>>ROTK was 12 years ago
And I am still sad that they don't show these guys in battle.
>>
>>331394368
>those bara orc muscles
at least my dick isn't complaining.
>>
>>331403918
those were also chroma-keyed maquettes, not CGI statues
>>
>>331394368
One of the problems I see is that the armor all looks fake. No metal styling. It all looks like plastic props
>>
>>331403198
It's very easy to notice bad CGI, that's why the prequel trilogy is so horrible to watch because the CGI is just so dated
>>
>>331405238
The look of the CG isn't what's worst about it. The fakeness came from the way it was all framed.

You watched them, and you'd see people standing around, or slowly meandering from place to place, all because they were in small as fuck sets covered in blue screens, but sometimes the CG would just completely take over, and there'd be this fuck load of movement that was completely jarring, and made you realize shit could actually happen.

I'm getting the feeling that something like that might go down with this film.
>>
I don't mind a videogamey look in a movie based on a videogame
It's still going to be shit
>>
>>331403198
>First War
>Dalaran is already flying
Is it too much to ask for a little authenticity?
>>
File: Easterling3.jpg (62 KB, 392x562) Image search: [Google]
Easterling3.jpg
62 KB, 392x562
>>331404862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-Jx-DjDaU

At about 1:04 you can see a few of them storming into the lines of the gondorian soldiers
>>
>>331405864
They probably want the locales to look and feel as people know them.

Dalaran is most known for being "that flying city" to the casual WoW crowd.
>>
>>331405864
Only spergs get genuinely rankled by this
They just made it fly now because it looks cooler
>>
>>331394345
>>331394290
Really should have gone one way or the other. The orcs and humans in this movie don't look like they belong in the same world together, and the irony of that is probably lost on the people making the film.
>>
File: nhbtk.jpg (108 KB, 761x773) Image search: [Google]
nhbtk.jpg
108 KB, 761x773
>>331405160
>One of the problems I see is that the armor all looks fake. No metal styling. It all looks like plastic props

they wanted fans to be able to recognize the retarded game armors
>>
>>331403317
>almost
>>
>>331404667
If almost the entire movie is CGI how much extra work could it possibly take to add in CGI humans?
>>
>>331398549
dude I know right FOR DA HORDE
LOOOK AT HOW BROOOTAL I AM BRO
>daily reminder that only 13 years old metal fans like the edgefest known as Horde
>>
File: Beowolfposter.jpg (50 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Beowolfposter.jpg
50 KB, 270x400
>>331402265
Anon...
>>
>>331394096
Looks good to me
>>
>>331394439
>a company gets praised for years about the quality of its cinematic trailers
>surprised when they make a 2 hour long cinematic for WoW
>>
>>331406697
>Budget $150 million
>Box office $196.4 million

That's not factoring in marketing.

Full CG doesn't work with non children's films in the west. It's just a fact.
>>
File: why god.png (174 KB, 279x400) Image search: [Google]
why god.png
174 KB, 279x400
>live-action with CGI
>literally the worst of both worlds
>plot is literally orcs dindu nuffin, give up your homelands whiteboy so that the locusts can eat and shit them out like their own homeworld
>>
Which do you think will bomb more: this atrocity or feminist Ghostbusters?
>>
File: tyrande.png (748 KB, 1024x612) Image search: [Google]
tyrande.png
748 KB, 1024x612
>tfw no Tyrande gf
>>
>>331406845
Why is this okay but Slyvanas' midriff is problematic?
>>
>>331406697
dont think beowulf was a huge success but seth rogan is going to release a adult only comedy cgi film too!

desu i got mixed feelings about warcraft... can be good or suck massive
>>
>le it's going to be shite may may
and you still going to see it you cretins
>>
>>331406845
>that third pic
muh dick
>>
>>331406845
fuckin' thick, THICK!
>>
>the entire WC universe to choose a story from
>lol lets just do a generic orcs versus humans story that's even more generic than WC1!
Eat a dick Blizzard.
>>
>>331394368
>That FemOrc Halfbreed
>That hair
Running in the 80's
>>
>video game movie adaptation
>good
>especially one of an MMO, the shittest genre.

its going to be shit
>>
>>331406969
I won't but I'm not one of the people who say it's going to be terrible, it looks pretty average, no worse than the average action flick

>>331407005
It is indeed generic. They're hoping people who don't play their game will go to see it if it has broad enough generic appeal.
>>
File: 1427924465871.png (99 KB, 346x444) Image search: [Google]
1427924465871.png
99 KB, 346x444
>>331406301
What I would give for the movie to have all of the background characters dressed in leveling random gear. It might even save this train wreck.
>>
>>331405885
I saw this, but it's still not enough for their amazing design.
>>
>>331406756
I'd rather it be a cinematic rather than half assing it with actors and lots of CGI anyway.
>>
>>331407154
>Here, soldier. Take this blue mace. It dropped from a mighty dragon and gives +15 to strength.
>>
>>331407116
They're trying to hedge their bets and I think it's going to fuck them. Either you go full normie and completely disregard the franchise in every way except trademark, or you faithfully adapt the shit that fans want to see. This hybrid looks fucking terrible and I don't see it doing that well. The only people that will see it for sure are the shiteating Blizzdrones who are still playing WoW in 2016, but that number is dwindling.
>>
File: Starcraft.jpg (136 KB, 1597x663) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft.jpg
136 KB, 1597x663
>>331394096
Still no idea why they picked live action with CGI, it looks like crap.

Blizzard got some really good cinematics so why not just making the movie animated so it actually looks good insted of this crap?
>>
>>331401276
>>331395557
Look at the dwrf in the screenshots. He looks barely any different from the one of the original WoW cinematic.

Hamfisting actors into it who look just like the dwarves in the Hobbit (75% CGI with a face plastered onto them) when the rest of the world is computer-generated just looks retarded now.
>>
File: 1433435587384.jpg (156 KB, 610x889) Image search: [Google]
1433435587384.jpg
156 KB, 610x889
>>331406979
>>331407000
HIGH
TEST
>>
>>331407236
Ask yourself, anon, how many fully CG animated films that were rated PG-13 or above have broken 500 million at the box office.
>>
>>331400071
>this point, the players are great heroes with lengthy reputations of conquests
Incorrect

The players aren't canon
They haven't been canon in such a long time I believe the last time they actually were responsible for the death of a big bad it was ragnaros.

Everything else is just big named character or literal green jesus
>>
>>331407236

i dont have a source so i could be talking out of my ass, but i remember reading somewhere that the Blizzard CGI stuff took like 3+ years to make a 3 minute video.
>>
>>331407368
How many video game movies were good?
>>
>>331406697
Congrats on not reading the thread, drive-by poster.
>>
>>331407236
It's got live action because if its total CG, adults will assume it a cartoon and wont go see it
The studio that makes their cinematics specialises in short clips that each take months to make, they would not be able to make a full film with the same quality
>>
>>331394096
aight, why did they need a portal that high? I mean the orcs are short as fuck compared to it.
>>
File: sylvanas_theBansheeQueen.webm (792 KB, 1480x800) Image search: [Google]
sylvanas_theBansheeQueen.webm
792 KB, 1480x800
>>331406889
It's not for HotS guys....
>>
>>331402928
This looks like a made for tv movie
>>
>>331407445
I don't think it's the CG that will be keeping this movie from being considered a serious and mature film.
>>
>>331407575
I just want my fucking regular Anub'Arak voice back, not this crazed idiot.
>>
>>331407368
2 ½
>>
>>331407662
It would keep it from making any amount of profit.

You go past PG with CG and you're fucked.
>>
>>331407575
>WoW team
>Censors Sylvanas for virtually no reason, but not all the other slutty armour in the game
>HOTS team
>Adds in a new female
>They wonder how big of an ass they can create
>>
>>331407791
People have to pay for these characters. They have an incentive to make waifus.
>>
>>331397008
>tfw live in Gondor
>majority of city has virtually no natural light thanks to stupid city shape and being next to a giant mountain
>>
This movie is going to sadly make money.
It will be shit but people will see it anyway and that's what blizzard wants

Probably h ping to hove away wow pets or some shit if you see it in theatres
>>
>>331407871
In-game gold is not that hard to farm in HotS.
>>
>>331406301
That's the only thing I hate about WoW armor. The chest and leg pieces are just painted on your skin. Looks so stupid.
>>
>>331406889
Didn't she get impaled on Icecrown or some shit? Not defending it just saying.
>>
File: RnFeE.jpg (68 KB, 370x536) Image search: [Google]
RnFeE.jpg
68 KB, 370x536
>tfw when it will get a 90+ percent rating in RT
>tfw when it will be a massive success
>tfw when enjoying another goat film made by Duncan Jones
>tfw when watchings plebs in /v/ crying about it
>>
>>331400361

Because in 40,000 years that's probably what they're going to be?
>>
>>331402928
Left guard is sleeping.
>>
File: spacehulk_deathwing-04.jpg (305 KB, 1366x741) Image search: [Google]
spacehulk_deathwing-04.jpg
305 KB, 1366x741
>>331400824
>not already looking forward for Space Hulk: Deathwing
>>
File: 1351802528904.jpg (562 KB, 850x1325) Image search: [Google]
1351802528904.jpg
562 KB, 850x1325
>>331404667
>god kill yourself do you not know how long it takes blizz to make one cinematic baka
Yeah, because they absolutely HAVE to do it all in-house if its full CGI, no contracting allowed.
>>
Meanwhile R&C looks great.
>>
>>331408563
Have you seen gameplay? Sword takes half your screen. I didn't enjoyed it. It's in german, look it up.
>>
>>331408352

It'll be a massive success the same way the Transformers films are all massive successes.

People go see them because it's Transformers and it's a visual spectacle with a lot of movement on screen.
People will go to see this because it's Warcraft and it's a visual spectacle with a lot of movement on screen.

The World of Warcraft movie could be one of the worst films ever made, but I guarantee you it's going to at least 400-500 million and more than make up the 100 million dollar budget.
>>
>>331408729
>Have you seen gameplay?

As far as I know there is no good footage yet.

If you care to provide a link it would be very helpful.
>>
>>331394096
it really looks like something produced by SyFy
>>
>>331408795
>World of Warcraft movie
>doesn't know the difference between Warcraft and WoW

Being underage is against the rules you know?
>>
>>331408827
Here.
http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele/ps4/space-hulk-deathwing/videos/51340,87612.html
>>
>>331400824

>Just Cause by Michael Bay
>>
>>331407373
>The players aren't canon

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>331407871
>People have to pay for these characters.

No they don't.
>>
>>331407380
No it takes a couple of months.
>>
>>331394096
What's wrong with CGI?
>>
>>331407924
>tfw living in darkness behind walls is safer than living in the sun
It truly is a horrible life
>>
>>331408795
There is a difference between Warcraft and the four Transformers movies. Look at the key people in Warcraft:

Duncan Jones - wrote/directed Moon and directed Source Code, that's all he's ever done.
Charles Leavitt - wrote K-PAX, Blood Diamond, bunch of tv movies and some stuff nobody's ever heard of
Simon Duggan - DOP for such films as Underworld: Evolution, the third Mummy, Knowing and the 2013 Great Gatsby
Paul Hirsch - editor for the first two Star Wars, aside from that he has a solid resume of b-grade action movies
Helen Jarvis - Art director for all the forgettable scifi and fantasy movies made in the past 15 years
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.