[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire Emblem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 450x250
Does IS even save money on using those models from the 3DS games over GBA sprites? Its pretty obvious they did on those ugly as fuck DS remakes, but I'm not too sure with the modern games.
>>
They'd have to use even more pixels since the screen contains more of them on the 3ds, so it would have been expensive, yes.
>>
>>331383610
What game anon?
>>
>>331385446
The divine dragon is Fae from FE6.
>>
File: Knight.gif (13 KB, 463x268) Image search: [Google]
Knight.gif
13 KB, 463x268
Having a posable 3d model is easier and cheaper, sadly.
I'm happy they stuck with sprites for the maps, though. I remember everyone losing their shit when Awakening had a pixel-art version of the cover as the cartridge label.
I just want sturdy knights back.
>>
>>331385638
I miss the knight and general sprite
>>
File: 1435808818488.png (26 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1435808818488.png
26 KB, 480x320
>>331385756
>play 7
>get a knight, then a general, all in one chapter
>that art the whole time
>>
>>331385638
Wait, his chest piece is also his shield?
>>
>>331385924
Yep. Compare that to 13 and 14's stupid tall shield thing.
Knights from the GBA games just rip their chest the fuck off.
>>
>>331385573
GBA?
>>
File: FEDS_Knight.png (604 KB, 1144x1759) Image search: [Google]
FEDS_Knight.png
604 KB, 1144x1759
>ugly as fuck DS remakes

i feel like the only human being on earth who liked the way those games looked
>>
>>331386192
For you, emulator.
>>
>>331386493
They look too rounded and plasticy.
They're like bootleg action figures.
>>
>>331385832
played the shit out of 7 and 8 I do a rerun of sacred stones once a year
>>
File: wololo-1.png (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wololo-1.png
55 KB, 400x400
>>331386794
they remind me more of old pc game sprites like pic related
>>
>>331385638
Honestly I wouldn't mind going back to map models a la PoR/RD. Being able to see the actual fight and not just units shoving themselves at each other when the battle anim-ations were turned to map only was cool as fuck.
>>
>>331383610
Pixels are a lot harder to animate than 3D models. Also the advantage with 3D models is that the animation can be uncapped in terms of frame rates (using skeletons on IK frames, you can interpolate on the animation getting those frames in between). Pixels require an artist to redraw a lot of frames (usually requires 10-30 artists for a high quality project with one guy drawing key frames and the rest drawing the in between) and then for 60 fps, each action needs to divide the time it takes in the 60 fps to generate the requisite number of frames.
>>
OP you didn't specify a game in the thread title so fuck it.

I know that FE Fates a shit, but which of the two versions is better? I've only played and beaten Awakening (on classic/hard), but if one is notably harder I'll get it.
>>
>>331387639
Conquest has better gameplay and is harder. Birthright has a better story, though only slightly. The story is shit all around. If you're only gonna get one, get Conquest.
>>
>>331387639
both are pretty good, people on here just love shitposting about muh censorship

conquest is definetly the way to go if you want difficulty
>>
>>331387639
Conquest is actually a really good fire emblem game, it's just got a godawful story. It's got really good map design and gameplay.

Birthright is just more of awakening's "Grind up units, set them in the middle of the mob and skip the enemy's turn"
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (279 KB, 650x457) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
279 KB, 650x457
>xander doesn't jump off his horse to do sick flips before striking down on his enemy
>takumi doesn't spin his bow before he shoots
>ryoma doesn't have a nothin personnel animation
>leo doesn't do a 360 before launching his spells
>camilla doesn't have hector-style axe spinning
2d, 3d, i don't care. i just want over-the-top crits back.
>>
Since this seems like a general FE thread, any tips for Hinoka's chapter in Conquest. The gorillion flying reinforcements are killing me.
>>
>>331388116
Have someone camp the shit out of that dragon vein so they can't swarm you. Alternatively, just have someone fly corrin up and bump off hinoka
>>
>>331387875
>>331387889
>>331387925
Great, I'll get Conquest then. Thanks anons.
>>
>>331388418
>Alternatively, just have someone fly corrin up and bump off hinoka
See I've been doing that but it seems like either my hit rates drop into the toilet when I get up there or Azama hits someone with that fucking Hexing staff and and they proceed to get fucked to death.
>>
>>331387969
I thought RD had some pretty slick shit. I'd love another console FE game; RD was a really beefy final product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLoNkLC5FIU
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.