[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone playing Salt and Sanctuary? Fucking stellar 2d dark souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: SaltAndSanctuary1920x1080.jpg (888 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SaltAndSanctuary1920x1080.jpg
888 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone playing Salt and Sanctuary? Fucking stellar 2d dark souls clone, with couch coop.
>>
Fucking love Ska
>>
>>331382345

Oh shit I knew this looked familiar, Dishwasher was my game in high school, never got the Hat though.
>>
File: 2731730-ss.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2731730-ss.jpg
224 KB, 1280x720
>>331382345
It's pretty impressive such a small studio made a game like this. The only problem I have with it is the character art is kind of unfitting for the game, but it usually gets covered up by armor or robes.

The enemy/boss/world art is incredible though.
>>
my scythe cleric will kick your ass
>>
This game any good? Was thinking about buying it but then I learned it was made by the same people who made dishwasher, I didn't like that game too much.
>>
>>331385125
If you like dark souls, and metroidvania type games, then yes, absolutely
>>
I'm playing it right now.

by posting on /v/.
>>
>>331385240
See, I love both of those games/genres but I'm not loving this one. It's a decent 6/10 so far, but there's nothing that's grabbed me yet like an actual Castlevania or DaS game would have by now. I think the mechanics just aren't clicking for me yet and the minimal tutorialage/explanations don't actually lend themselves that well to this game I don't think.
Make me like it /v/, what aren't I getting?
>>
>>331385443
how far in are you? What weapon are you using? What class?
>>
>>331385543
Not very far at all, only a little bit past the first boss, that's probably why.
I went cleric and so far I'm just using the default dagger and shield, and a sweet spear a found on my way to the village of smiles or whatever it was called. Also got my shit wrecked by the first dude there, is that one of those areas like the graveyard in DaS you're not supposed to do yet?
>>
Has anybody been having any difficult getting through this game at all? And what builds are you playing with if you are? I went through mostly with heavy armor and the Warhammer and the game was a breeze. Witch of the Lake killed me a whopping 23 times, and Sodden Knight/Lady of Smiles killed me 5 times each, but other than that I killed almost every boss in 1 or 2 tries. I didn't have to learn boss movesets at all, just tank all their attacks and out-trade them.

Not sure if I accidentally rolled the ezmode build, or if the game is just kinda braindead.
>>
>>331385905
Nah, village of smiles is the next area after the sodden knight.

You're only like 30 minutes into the game dude, give it some more time. FYI Cleric has a bit of a slow start since they wont do as much physical damage, but they get bonkers at higher levels.

I'd recommend starting with a knight character just for simplicity's sake, but if you're set on cleric, I'll give you a couple tips, invest in the Pikeman skill, as the best wisdom scaling weapons in the game are a scythe and a poleaxe.

Do the quests that you get from the Leader NPC in your sanctuaries, they will deepen your allegiance to your covenant and your cleric NPC will start to sell higher level prayers. Your bread and butter are gonna be blessed weapon (later divine blessed weapon), divine armor, and when you get to cleric level 5, guardian blade.

>>331386457
Heavy armor + a good shield will get you through a LOT in this game. Plus the warhammer is a really strong weapon.
>>
>>331386662
Thanks mate, that sounds really helpful. I'll throw in a few more hours tonight and see how I'm feeling that game after that. I still think it's good, it just hasn't sunk it's hooks into me yet
>>
>>331386982
wait until you get the first Brand, after fighting The False Jester (should be about the 4th or 5th boss), that was a big "Fuuuck this is cool" moment for me.
>>
>>331382089
If I wanted to play Dark Souls, I'd play Dark Souls.

Not some low budget flash game ripoff.
>>
>>331387103
>>>/dsg/
>>
>>331386457
I beat the game as level 100 Paladin.
In the end when you have farmed for a bit, have a solid weapon etc. the game becomes pretty easy, only few bosses may 'cause you any trouble, but especially Witch of the Lake can be brutal with her ability to burst you don't instantly
>>
>>331387103
Speak for yourself, there's nothing interesting or challenging left in Dark Souls after you do a few runs. No point in playing through it again.
>>
>>331386457
i had kind of a tough time with Melodious Mel, or whatever the hell her name is, at least until i got her attack patterns down. She has a shitload of arcane attacks that go right through armor and can gib you pretty quick.
>>
Where do I go after the Ziggurat of dust?
I've beaten the floating castle, not sure where to go next, areas are still sealed off too.
>>
>>331390236
In the glowy cavern, you should go top-left to find a locked door, given that you have 'spiky key' or something like that, which grants you an access to the token poison swamp area which'll grant you the ability to pass trough the red glowy walls.
>>
>>331390356
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
Playing it from a friend's account, I couldn't get over how fucking ugly it is. It wasn't fun enough to ignore that.
>>
Is it not on steam?
>>
>>331386457
I'm stuck on the damn dragon. I'm just having a lot of trouble dodging his fire sometimes. The window to dodge through him to get to behind him is sketchy at best.
>>
The Kraeken Wyrm keeps kicking my ass. That fire can really fuck you over a lot of the time.
>>
>>331385443
to be fair, I thought this game was kind of eh until I got some movement tech. Give it some time and you might like it although I will say you are not the first person I have heard say "I should like it but I don't".
>>
>>331392032
>>331392250
Just run away when the wind up start or get close enough to roll through him.
>>
Shields are useless.
I'm playing though with a dagger, 2-handing it and rolling though everything.
>>
>>331391715
I think it is supposed to come to steam and vita soon, but it got an exclusive first release on PS4.

Take it with a grain of salt though, cause I can't remember exactly.
>>
>>331391715
I think it's only on PS4, not sure if it will be out in other platforms later.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.